'10 SHO vs 2011 Mustang GT

Fairly interesting that the SHO can keep up with the GT for the most part, even though its down nearly 60HP and weighs nearly 1K more then a GT!

I bet the 5.0L doesn't have 350 lb/ft at 1500 rpm............that's the difference.

Fairly interesting that the SHO can keep up with the GT for the most part, even though its down nearly 60HP and weighs nearly 1K more then a GT!

1. The GT is bone stock as far as power goes.

2. The SHO is tuned and in likelihood has the torque management disabled, so it's probably making every bit as much power the 5.0L and it has AWD. Tune only SHOs have been 12.7s@110 or so.

"For the most part" is kida like "almost pregnant". It's close but it's not.

The SHO is a nice vehicle without a doubt but there are a lot of variables at play -- both cars can run on regular unleaded but need premium for max performance. As was already mentioned. the SHO in the vid has a tune, so now you don't know how much boost it's running and with what safety margin; all the rest of the mods are handling and there are other thing that aren't taken into account: the '11 Mustang has an available 3.73 rear available on it. Does this one have it?

Take the vid with a grain of salt: The vid is put out by "SHO Livernois" probably to advert their tuning ability. The vid in no way reflects stock to stock real world results.

The GT in that vid is also a Livernois development vehicle although it is not owned by them, it is a customer car. The GT has already had suspension and wheel and tire mods for road racing duty so it is kind of difficult to say that it is bone stock. Not sure how those mods might have affected straight line traction but the modified, AWD SHO definitely has the advantage at the start. About the only conclusion that can be taken from this vid is that you are seeing two modified cars racing on what appears to be an abandoned street.

I'd like to see if the Stang has the 6spd auto or man (sounded like the man.). Also what are the gears being used? What boost are they running the SHO at and what exactly did they do when "tuning" the SHO? Who are the drivers of these vehicles? Are they just Joe blow off the street?

Either way, give me either vehicle and you'd see a nice big grin on my face.

Edited by V8-X

I'd like to see if the Stang has the 6spd auto or man (sounded like the man.). Also what are the gears being used? What boost are they running the SHO at and what exactly did they do when "tuning" the SHO? Who are the drivers of these vehicles? Are they just Joe blow off the street?

These threads should answer some of your questions about the GT:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483413&page=2

http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483194

The SHO is a nice vehicle without a doubt but there are a lot of variables at play -- both cars can run on regular unleaded but need premium for max performance. As was already mentioned. the SHO in the vid has a tune, so now you don't know how much boost it's running and with what safety margin; all the rest of the mods are handling and there are other thing that aren't taken into account: the '11 Mustang has an available 3.73 rear available on it. Does this one have it?

Take the vid with a grain of salt: The vid is put out by "SHO Livernois" probably to advert their tuning ability. The vid in no way reflects stock to stock real world results.

I was driving the SHO and my buddy was driving the Mustang. The tune in the SHO has increased timing, 3 lbs. more boost, and no torque management. The Mustang is fully loaded and has a manual trans and 3.73 gears. Stock for stock, the Mustang would beat it hands down.

I'm just an average Joe...

If the SHO didn't have AWD, I don't think it would have won. As an example, my high 11-second Vette would lose to our high 12-second 6,100 lb. Escalade on the street, because the Escalade left so hard on it.

The owner of the Mustang wants to pair it up against a stock 2010 Camaro.... this may be coming soon!