A Few Random New Chops

i've been hella busy this spring, but i got a few hours to bang out some chops. nothing earth-shattering, nothing detailed as much as i usually do. I just wanted to do as many as possible. the Studebaker would have been one of the first 4 door coupes, lol. i based my 4 doors off the lower, longer coupe body, than the fugly sedans Stude put out. The '53 and '54 "Loewy" coupes were stunning, but the shorter taller sedans were ugly ducklings. I tried to make beautiful sedans! i changed up the trim and chrome on the old cars, and edited the text in the captions for these new "Sedan Coupes." Studebaker called it's pillarless coupes Starliner, and the pillared ones Starlights, as I've done here too.

LincolnTownCar2012.jpg

MontereyHybrid_B.jpg

BuickGSCoupe.jpg

Cherokee3.jpg

Studebaker_SedanCoupe.jpg

Studebaker_HardtopSedan-1.jpg

WOW thats pretty darn nice! Is that a from scratch chop, or is it based on something else? I like it a lot!

That there would be based on the new 2011 Kia Optima. Overall art - THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! Keep up the fantastic effort! :) Would be nice to see your rendition of an FG Falcon coupe that would be part of the new GRWD program that would see it and the Mustang on the same platform... :D

MustangEcoBoostNotchback3.jpg

I know I've done several Mustang notchbacks, but I like this one the most. I just don't care for the current fastback bodystyle. I like the original '65-'73 Mustang fastbacks, but there is something about the rear quarterwindows that really bothers me about the new one. I'd love Ford to give buyers a choice of coupe bodystyles.

I based this one on the GT500 version, but my idea is that this particular model would carry an EcoBoost 4 cylinder with the Fusion Hybrid's batteries etc, to give the Mustang a Hybrid model with really high mileage. The interior would be posh as well, to justify the higher price of the hybrid package.

Besides the roof change, I added black rocker panel trim to tie the sidelights together, and subtly changed the contours of the front airdam. I also added the Mustang stallion logo centered in the grille, replacing the off-center snake of the Cobra. I also lightened the color of the wheels, and added flowers from my garden in the background, lol. Original photo was from Autoblog's galleries.

Edited by artandcolour

I know I've done several Mustang notchbacks, but I like this one the most. I just don't care for the current fastback bodystyle. I like the original '65-'73 Mustang fastbacks, but there is something about the rear quarterwindows that really bothers me about the new one. I'd love Ford to give buyers a choice of coupe bodystyles.

I based this one on the GT500 version, but my idea is that this particular model would carry an EcoBoost 4 cylinder with the Fusion Hybrid's batteries etc, to give the Mustang a Hybrid model with really high mileage. The interior would be posh as well, to justify the higher price of the hybrid package.

Besides the roof change, I added black rocker panel trim to tie the sidelights together, and subtly changed the contours of the front airdam. I also added the Mustang stallion logo centered in the grille, replacing the off-center snake of the Cobra. I also lightened the color of the wheels, and added flowers from my garden in the background, lol. Original photo was from Autoblog's galleries.

Awesome. I'm with you. The current fast back is just not my cup of tea. This is great though.

That would be a great SSP model in CHP or FHP colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrific work. Can't understand why Ford hasn't done this with the Mustang. Relatively inexpensive to introduce, and historically, the better selling design vs the fastback.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make the Town Car a Town Coupe?

I like your sig saying. I've been to the brink so many times, I'm not sure I could get any stranger!

As far as a formal Town Coupe, I haven't done one yet, but it's in the back of my mind. I've done a few Mark Coupes from various base photos.

LincolnMarkCoupe.jpg

from the Aston Lagonda concept

LincolnMarkGT.jpg

From the MKT

1961LincolnCoupe2.jpg

I HAD to include this one, lol. I changed every proportion on this '61 Continental to make an more close-coupled coupe...

When I figure out how I want a Town Coupe to look, I'll post it here first!