Lincoln MKG

Well, here's what'd I'd make the coming MKG (Escape/Kuga-based C-segment crossover) look like:

MKG-5.jpg

Compared to the original image/vehicle:

2009-lincoln-c-concept-2.jpg

One of my biggest issues (besides the rear) with the C is that it's not proportioned very well, at least IMO. I fixed that with this chop and made it a crossover.

I'll also list a few of the differences if you can't tell:

-the aforementioned 'proportion adjustments'

-raised the vehicle

-raised the shoulder and adjusted it's angle (and door handles) to get rid of the hunch/hump back in the rear, and to help with the overall look

-increased mirror size to more realistic size

-lowered the front portion of the beltline to more closely match the new shoulder line

-adjusted the rake of the rear window to give it a more swoopy look (this may not be very evident in this picture though)

I hope to have an updated rear view in the next couple days to accompany this chop and fix that ugly butt on the C.

Well, here's what'd I'd make the coming MKG (Escape/Kuga-based C-segment crossover) look like:

MKG-5.jpg

Compared to the original image/vehicle:

2009-lincoln-c-concept-2.jpg

One of my biggest issues (besides the rear) with the C is that it's not proportioned very well, at least IMO. I fixed that with this chop and made it a crossover.

I'll also list a few of the differences if you can't tell:

-the aforementioned 'proportion adjustments'

-raised the vehicle

-raised the shoulder and adjusted it's angle (and door handles) to get rid of the hunch/hump back in the rear, and to help with the overall look

-increased mirror size to more realistic size

-lowered the front portion of the beltline to more closely match the new shoulder line

-adjusted the rake of the rear window to give it a more swoopy look (this may not be very evident in this picture though)

I hope to have an updated rear view in the next couple days to accompany this chop and fix that ugly butt on the C.

i love the C as is, but I can see where you're going with this. I like the raised shoulder line on yours especially. It fixes the one think i think is awkward on the original—modern and distinctive yet awkward.

Is MKG your idea, or has it been revealed that will be the name?

i love the C as is, but I can see where you're going with this. I like the raised shoulder line on yours especially. It fixes the one think i think is awkward on the original—modern and distinctive yet awkward.

Thanks, and MKG has been used by quite a few people here as "the" name for the new Lincoln Escape/Kuga - I don't think it's official or anything, but rather just an assumption, so I went with it since it's already been used quite a bit.

art, I think I can legitimately lay claim to originating "MKG" LINK

from changing the "K" to "MK" & dropping the vowels from KuGa

&

didn't remember that you liked the "C"...

tho

interesting you used "awkward" too, like in my chop-comment you-know-where

agree Rmc's is better - actually BETTER - but still...

Hopefully the rear chop that I have in mind (but probably won't get to until next week since I'm going on a last-minute trip out of town for the weekend) will eliminate your hesitation toward liking it.Like I've said before, I never minded the front of the C, I just hate the hunchback rear and questionable accompanying shoulders. I think the right design elements were there for the rear, just not executed well.