'11 Honda Oddity

ANTAUS

If they hadn't played with the windowline, it would have looked fine. But Honda seems to love the creative mistake.

Must agree. The styling isn't horrible, but isn't very attractive either. The biggest complaint I have would be that rear window line and how it dips down. Otherwise, I still hate how manufacturers are putting the PRNDL on the dash.

Edited by V8-X

Now, see, I'm gonna be forced to buy we'll need a minivan in about 6 years.

I'm still waiting for one to come out that I like (scratch Sienna, Odyssey, Quest, Sedona) and that isn't produced by a company whose quality is suspect (Grand Caravan/Town & Country).

I'm REALLY hoping something good comes out during or before 2016. But these recent designs aren't very inspiring...

I'm still waiting for one to come out that I like (scratch Sienna, Odyssey, Quest, Sedona) and that isn't produced by a company whose quality is suspect (Grand Caravan/Town & Country).

I'm REALLY hoping something good comes out during or before 2016. But these recent designs aren't very inspiring...

Here's hoping that Ford brings the S-MAX or Galaxy (or whatever its succesor is) to North America by then! :happy feet:

A new Quest, not yet unveiled, is due for 2011 or 2012. The current one has been discontinued.

1. Front end doesn't look bad, they just played it safe, which hey... it's a minivan.

2. Back end looks like they took the tail lamps off of the '98-'02 Accord sedan and flipped them upside down.

3. From the side...... Why don't we have the barfing emoticon like other sites?

Yeah, I know. But after the Cube and Juke, I don't have much faith in the Nissan brand's newest non-car designs anymore...

I would like to think it would occur to them this time around not to do something radical after the 04 Quest flopped. Both the Cube and Juke are niche vehicles designed specifically to look different, separating themselves from the mainstream Nissans (Versa for both, and Rogue for the Juke as well), while the Quest would be the company's primary people-hauler.

But as much as I would like to think that, I agree with you that there's a pretty good chance that Nissan -- like Honda -- will be afraid to keep things simple.

Must agree. The styling isn't horrible, but isn't very attractive either. The biggest complaint I have would be that rear window line and how it dips down. Otherwise, I still hate how manufacturers are putting the PRNDL on the dash.

I have to agree too - I looked at the first picture and saw only the front end at first and thought 'ok that's not horrible' then my eye went backwards and saw the oddly indented door handles, that horrible beltline and I just started doing this: :nonono:

Front doesn't look bad, but from the slider on back? :eek5:

+1!!

1. Front end doesn't look bad, they just played it safe, which hey... it's a minivan.

2. Back end looks like they took the tail lamps off of the '98-'02 Accord sedan and flipped them upside down.

1. I agree and don't think the front is that bad.

2. Yeah, those aren't the best taillights - I wasn't a fan of the recent refresh taillights either.

3. I've been asking for a barfing emoticon for some time now...

I would like to think it would occur to them this time around not to do something radical after the 04 Quest flopped. Both the Cube and Juke are niche vehicles designed specifically to look different, separating themselves from the mainstream Nissans (Versa for both, and Rogue for the Juke as well), while the Quest would be the company's primary people-hauler.

But as much as I would like to think that, I agree with you that there's a pretty good chance that Nissan -- like Honda -- will be afraid to keep things simple.

Yeah, I have to feel they're gonna end up doing something goofy (and therefore ugly) too. I think there was a sketch that leaked out a while back that didn't look too great.....I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Here's the hideous 2011 Nissan Quest:

2011-nissan-quest-teaser-picture.jpg

Edited by rmc523

1. front end look like the Edge (this is why you like it)

2) agreed

3) side profile reminds me of the Mazda5, which is also an ugly SOB

Hate the looks, but would buy it because of the spectacular mileage and because it is better than any "people mover" Ford currently offers.

How do they get that mileage? Motorweek just said their Crosstour was averaging 20.7 mpg.

Must have put the design money into a magical drivetrain.

How do they get that mileage? Motorweek just said their Crosstour was averaging 20.7 mpg.

Must have put the design money into a magical drivetrain.

The tested Crosstour probably had all-wheel-drive, to start. That'll cost a couple of mpgs. And of course Motor Trend will drive anything hard.

Another possibility: maybe the Odyssey will be the first Honda with a six-speed automatic.

The tested Crosstour probably had all-wheel-drive, to start. That'll cost a couple of mpgs. And of course Motor Trend will drive anything hard.

Another possibility: maybe the Odyssey will be the first Honda with a six-speed automatic.

"MOTORWEEK" not Motor Trend. :shades:

They completely butchered the concept. I saw the concept at the Chicago Auto Show and actually liked it...it was a clean, modern design. This production model throws everything good about the concept out the window and replaces it with every ugly aspect of modern Honda styling. Total and utter failure.

p1080389q.jpg

p1080388.jpg

p1080392.jpg