'11 Honda Oddity

ANTAUS

i hope the new 6 speed is more reliable than the 5 speed which has been a disaster for them, not sure if it's that popular Aisin unit.

The 5 speed was Honda's own design. Honda is one of the few automakers who have never used Aisin AW transmissions in their vehicles.

Must agree. The styling isn't horrible, but isn't very attractive either. The biggest complaint I have would be that rear window line and how it dips down. Otherwise, I still hate how manufacturers are putting the PRNDL on the dash.

Small correction: How Japanese manufacturers hare putting the PRNDL on the dash. I hate it too!

It's interesting to see the differences between the prototype and the production model.

The prototype's heavy window tint hides the really wide, heavy window frames that are on the production model.

The prototype's slider channel is narrow, and relatively invisible. The production model has a great wide channl.

The Prototype door handles are restrained in their "surface development", compared to the production model.

The production model fuel filler door is large and requires the rear door to be narrowed, compared to the prototype.

The headlight door on the prototype has an "edge" to its shape that is not in the production model.

2011_honda_odyssey_f34_fe_617101_717.jpgp1080388.jpg

Edited by Edstock

Hate the looks, but would buy it because of the spectacular mileage and because it is better than any "people mover" Ford currently offers.

The article mentions "Variable Cylinder Management " which sounds like a system GM uses. On GM's system you have to be cruising at a constant speed for it to work. (In most cases this is rare). Your real world milage will be lower. It will be better than the current Oddyssey because of the 6 spped auto.

The article mentions "Variable Cylinder Management " which sounds like a system GM uses. On GM's system you have to be cruising at a constant speed for it to work. (In most cases this is rare). Your real world milage will be lower. It will be better than the current Oddyssey because of the 6 spped auto.

Haven't they already had this system in the van for a while?