Bob King

First, you have to look at his audience. What else would he say if he did not want to be hooted out of the room.

I just hope that when it comes down to it he is reasonable, or more industry will leave the US. I have lived through those who acted like he was talking, and that Industry is but a shadow of its former self in the US today. 20 years later, and many places where there were massive plant closings have not recovered.

• Like 1

Yeah because one or 2 quarters are profit, is enough to claim the company is turned around, and lets go fight for our lavish wages again. :doh: Like honestly, when all debt is paid for, then maybe that can be discussed, but those days are long gone.

It's just another out of touch organization looking out for it's selfish self. They'll sacrifice their industry so at the end of the day it's about the dollar in their pocket, their pension, and their retirement in FL. Just the other day i was touching a few deserted buildings in my city..."Mason's Lodge", "VFW" (drinking lodge for Vets), "Very conservative Church".... all dead venues harking to a long gone era old school politics...all CLOSED. People have moved on, and my generation knows better than to get involved in dying organizations...the UAW, is one of them. And I believe now in these times where many people have been affected by job loss, I can tell you Joe Shmoe is not at all concerned about the UAW, and will throw them under the bus if they could just to get a paying job and tell them to stop whining and be appreciative for what they have...

• Like 1

Why not protest Mr. King's protest by refusing to purchase any automobile assembled at a UAW represented facility?

Seriously, does Mr. King have anyone's interests but his own in mind with this mindless charade?

Edited by aneekr
  • Like 1

Why not protest Mr. King's protest by refusing to purchase any automobile assembled at a UAW represented facility?

Seriously, does Mr. King have anyone's interests but his own in mind with this mindless charade?

Isn't more competition a beautiful thing? Can't slip those labor numbers under the carpet anymore. As margins get slimmer management will be looking harder and harder at those labor numbers. I'm sure they have target numbers and they're either met in the US or they'll be met elsewhere.

In my best Allen Iverson voice "we're talking labor here"

• Like 1

A lot of anti-union sentiment here.....I am a local union official at my (non-auto related) work site....trust me when I tell you, unions are needed to protect the rights of the workers as management will always try to force more and more crap on employees without properly compensating them or protecting their well-being.

Union now! Union always!!

A lot of anti-union sentiment here.....I am a local union official at my (non-auto related) work site....trust me when I tell you, unions are needed to protect the rights of the workers as management will always try to force more and more crap on employees without properly compensating them or protecting their well-being.

Union now! Union always!!

If management tried to force more and more crap on me without additional compensation, I would

1. Bitch about it, and if that didn't work

2. Start looking for a new job

Here's an idea, take a day each year and try to stand on your own two feet.

I'll be honest with you David.

I saw that you'd posted a comment to this thread, and I thought, "Is he one of the irrational union haters, or one of the irrational union lovers?"

Frankly, the key word is IRRATIONAL. That's what I remember about your posts. Not the side you're on, but the idiocy of your arguments.

Now that you've all gotten a chance to remind each other of your prejudices, I'll be closing this thread.

Edited by RichardJensen