Another LIncoln chop

LincolnSedan2011.jpg

Yes, I've chopped the MKT once again, and made another Lincoln sedan. On my blog, I've asked if it's a better Town Car or a Continental sedan. Differing from the MKT, I've changed the abrupt rear fender beltline kickup, evocative of the '61 Lincoln, and I've made it a gradually rising shoulder line, like the 1970-71 Lincolns. A more minor change from the MKT is the hood cut/shut line. I've moved it from above the Lincoln logo, where it's too prominent and cheap looking to me, to below the logo. I'd rather the twin grilles raise with the hood also, like several european luxury cars (and my Q45). While this chop is a bit exaggerated in it's lowness, I think it's quite an elegant looking luxury sedan. If you look back to my previous Town Car based on this white MKT, here, I've changed the greenhouse completely, adding the '80s-'90s Town Car's slim rear C panel window.

Edited by artandcolour

• 2 weeks later...

Lincoln needs a big car like this. The MKT is the least successful design Lincoln has right now what with the worst interpretation of the new signature grille and the unnecessarily cramped third row. It's especially disppointing after sitting in the Flex on which it is based; that SUV has so much more space. A stretched MKS would be a step in the right direction but with a bit more conservative styling. Someone here posted a pic of an updated TC that looked really nice that could work.

Lincoln needs a big car like this. The MKT is the least successful design Lincoln has right now what with the worst interpretation of the new signature grille and the unnecessarily cramped third row. It's especially disppointing after sitting in the Flex on which it is based; that SUV has so much more space. A stretched MKS would be a step in the right direction but with a bit more conservative styling. Someone here posted a pic of an updated TC that looked really nice that could work.

i think the MKT is actually the best interpretation of the new design language. I love the dramatic grille and I think the sides and the rear make for a very distinctive wagon. There is a white one in town, the EcoBoost version with a black glass roof. it's STUNNING. i really think a Town Car based on MKT details and shape could be awesome. I've done a few, nothing perfect yet!