I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

Hello everyone,

My name is Kahdir and I've been a Mustang fan since I can remember. I planned on keeping my 2005 Mustang GT (VIN #1ZVFT82H955118929) forever... until some teenage girl texting while driving rear-ended my Mustang, doing over $9k in damage. :(

Dissatisfied with the repairs after a lot of back & forth with my insurance company, I decided to replace it with a 2011 Mustang GT. I was able to chit chat with some of the Ford engineers at SEMA and heard that the order banks would open early for the new 5.0L. I had my dealer (the same one that I purchased my 2005 from) spec a car on 12/26/09, it was submitted on 1/18/10 (the day the order banks opened) and accepted on 1/19/10. Not quite sure why my car wasn't scheduled to be built until the week of May 10th (possible parts shortage on my options... :shrug: ) but it was built on May 14th with an ETA of May 22nd :yahoo:

Well, May 22nd came and went... it was then updated to June 1st ETA. Ok, I thought... until others that ordered afterwards were receiving their cars :angry: . I think the final straw for me was the lack of updated info on my car while some were able to receive their cars in as little as 18 days :censored: . Well, I checked one finally time on Friday (6/25/10) -to no surprise still no update! (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634)

During this extended torture of waiting for a car that was supposed to be delivered before Memorial Day weekend, I test drove a 2010 Camaro SS (6/11/10). While different in may ways to what I was used to, I was very pleased. For the next 2 weeks I debated in my mind the pros and cons of each vehicle... It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make. I like both cars and even planned on owning both (be it a later time..) but not knowing what problems may or may not be afflicting my ordered 2011 Mustang was too much to chance.

Without too much more rambling, here is my new toy

post-41443-12776623066132_thumb.jpg

post-41443-12776623155648_thumb.jpg

post-41443-127766232462_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

No surprise you found one. Every GM dealer I have driven past ovr the past month (must be 15 different dealers) have had at least a half-dozen visible from the road. No knowing how many more in the back or in the showroom.

Given how many are sitting on lots collecting dust, I hope they knocked many thousands off the sticker.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate. Your car shipped today.

In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 76265 (Cassens Transport Co ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jun-27-2010, 05:48 ET

You should swing by the dealership this week and see what you could have been driving for your birthday. :banghead:

• Like 4

In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 76265 (Cassens Transport Co ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jun-27-2010, 05:48 ET

You should swing by the dealership this week and see what you could have been driving for your birthday. :banghead:

how about tracking mine..

nobody can find it.. including my dealer.. regional reps or cs.

eta was may 26

1ZVBP8CF1B5121481

if i need to i can tell you a long involved story on why no one has been able track it in V.V.

i'll keep it short.. car ordered 2.11.10 retail x-plan..

on june 4. my dealer i ordered from closed and merged with another dealer.. all ordered got screwed up in shipping and the car is supposedly sitting somewhere

Edited by pony racer

Hello everyone,

My name is Kahdir and I've been a Mustang fan since I can remember. I planned on keeping my 2005 Mustang GT (VIN #1ZVFT82H955118929) forever... until some teenage girl texting while driving rear-ended my Mustang, doing over $9k in damage. :(

Dissatisfied with the repairs after a lot of back & forth with my insurance company, I decided to replace it with a 2011 Mustang GT. I was able to chit chat with some of the Ford engineers at SEMA and heard that the order banks would open early for the new 5.0L. I had my dealer (the same one that I purchased my 2005 from) spec a car on 12/26/09, it was submitted on 1/18/10 (the day the order banks opened) and accepted on 1/19/10. Not quite sure why my car wasn't scheduled to be built until the week of May 10th (possible parts shortage on my options... :shrug: ) but it was built on May 14th with an ETA of May 22nd :yahoo:

Well, May 22nd came and went... it was then updated to June 1st ETA. Ok, I thought... until others that ordered afterwards were receiving their cars :angry: . I think the final straw for me was the lack of updated info on my car while some were able to receive their cars in as little as 18 days :censored: . Well, I checked one finally time on Friday (6/25/10) -to no surprise still no update! (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634)

During this extended torture of waiting for a car that was supposed to be delivered before Memorial Day weekend, I test drove a 2010 Camaro SS (6/11/10). While different in may ways to what I was used to, I was very pleased. For the next 2 weeks I debated in my mind the pros and cons of each vehicle... It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make. I like both cars and even planned on owning both (be it a later time..) but not knowing what problems may or may not be afflicting my ordered 2011 Mustang was too much to chance.

Please don't cry when a 5.0 blows you away!

• Like 2

:hysterical: Enjoy your Camaro, you impatient twerp....someone else will be enjoying "your" 5.0... :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 1

how about tracking mine..

nobody can find it.. including my dealer.. regional reps or cs.

eta was may 26

1ZVBP8CF1B5121481

if i need to i can tell you a long involved story on why no one has been able track it in V.V.

i'll keep it short.. car ordered 2.11.10 retail x-plan..

on june 4. my dealer i ordered from closed and merged with another dealer.. all ordered got screwed up in shipping and the car is supposedly sitting somewhere

I know of one in Chester County PA that you might want to go and check out....can't miss it....it's the dealership with the guy in the new Camaro on the curb crying about it..... :hysterical:

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

I know of one in PA that you might want to go and check out....can't miss it....it's the dealership with the guy in the new Camaro on the curb crying about it..... :hysterical:

Well, in all fairness, there's enough blame to go around on this one...

We all know (all of us at the dealers and that work in the plants) that when new models start (and the drivetrain changes to the '11s are substantial enough to qualify) the status quo for Ford is to hold all of these vehicles for an unusually long period as they get any bugs worked out. And when everything is proved out they ALL get released.

Herein the problem lies, when a (normally) good customer gets his order in very early (pre-order in JANUARY!!!) and the car is built and held for some unknown reason without ANY word from Ford or the dealer as to WHY. On top of that, he belongs to a Mustang enthusiast forum where people were ordering Mustangs, getting them built and delivered long AFTER he put in his order.

A little communication goes a long way. While we can point and laugh all we want at the irony (to be completely honest, even I was annoyed at the "well if you I don't get my car I'll get a Camaro" (because he could have possibly found a dealer order GT within driving range)), the OP's impatience is partly understandable; he's waited over 6 months for a car, was first in line for one, and he's stuck waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Anyone who belongs to an enthusiast forum other than this one (and I do -- Focus, Ranger, Taurus and Mustang, my next purchase) will tell you that the lack of info is worse than even a little info -- it breeds speculation. "Is there a problem with my car?" "Oh no, it's a lemon!!...." What it does is works the potential customer up and makes them second-guess their purchase decision.

If anyone remembers my history here, I used to do tracking here at BON. The reason I got out of it was because of this very problem with communication. One new model year, they built and held all the new Escape and Mariner Hybrids. Typical new model hold. Well, the "hybrid" forum community got all worked up waiting for their ordered vehicles; and rightly so. But add into the mix the 10% of the population that I label as the "extremists" that started threatening lawsuits, cooking up conspiracy theories and such. For all the reassurance that I tried to give (and hey -- I've got no control over the situation), I wasn't able to give what one official letter from Ford Corporate could have given -- some reassurance. I got frustrated at the process I couldn't fix and at the same time wasn't going to be drawn into activity that would put my employer into a lawsuit. So I had to end the tracking service.

What we really need to see here is a better line of communication between the manufacturing arm and the dealer, and from the dealer to the customer. The customer shouldn't have to chase around the dealer for info, and the dealer should have more info if there is a delay in a customer's order.

There should be no reason that when a customer/dealer submits an order that they can't get some PIN number where a customer can log on to a special customer website with that PIN and pull up Vehicle Visibility for their order. THAT is what people expect in the 21st century.

Edited by ViperPilot
  • Like 2

What you guys attacking Kahdir seem not to get, is that he planned to buy a Mustang. He ordered a Mustang on the 1st day he possibly could and waited, then waited, so no need mocking him as if he were a troll. Ford's losing a customer, not because any car was better than the Mustang but because Ford made a decesion to stock their dealers before retail orders. I'm aware of the hold but no one will ever be able to convince me Ford stopped at nothing to fix and ship retail orders as quickly as stock.

Kahdir's car was built almost a month after mine but he ordered two weeks ahead of me, his former car shipped today, mine didn't. And, this isn't some isolated story, check the other fanboy sites, don't blame Kahdir, blame Ford.

Edited by grab302

i see no problem with this..kamoro is a nice car..so is the stang..hell i would not have waited either...no matter what its still a detroit car...better then the guy dropping bucks into a camry i say..get your heads outa your butt..damn what a bunch of whinny ass ford fools..the guy tried he says many times..waited and waited..i would not put up with this type of shit either...kamoro is fine...too bad the 5.0 will waste it..but i agree with your decision and understand your plight..ford still has some work too do and somebody at ford screwed up (if all this can be believed of course)

We all know (all of us at the dealers and that work in the plants) that when new models start (and the drivetrain changes to the '11s are substantial enough to qualify) the status quo for Ford is to hold all of these vehicles for an unusually long period as they get any bugs worked out. And when everything is proved out they ALL get released.

Herein the problem lies, when a (normally) good customer gets his order in very early (pre-order in JANUARY!!!) and the car is built and held for some unknown reason without ANY word from Ford or the dealer as to WHY. On top of that, he belongs to a Mustang enthusiast forum where people were ordering Mustangs, getting them built and delivered long AFTER he put in his order.

A little communication goes a long way. While we can point and laugh all we want at the irony (to be completely honest, even I was annoyed at the "well if you I don't get my car I'll get a Camaro" (because he could have possibly found a dealer order GT within driving range)), the OP's impatience is partly understandable; he's waited over 6 months for a car, was first in line for one, and he's stuck waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Anyone who belongs to an enthusiast forum other than this one (and I do -- Focus, Ranger, Taurus and Mustang, my next purchase) will tell you that the lack of info is worse than even a little info -- it breeds speculation. "Is there a problem with my car?" "Oh no, it's a lemon!!...." What it does is works the potential customer up and makes them second-guess their purchase decision.

If anyone remembers my history here, I used to do tracking here at BON. The reason I got out of it was because of this very problem with communication. One new model year, they built and held all the new Escape and Mariner Hybrids. Typical new model hold. Well, the "hybrid" forum community got all worked up waiting for their ordered vehicles; and rightly so. But add into the mix the 10% of the population that I label as the "extremists" that started threatening lawsuits, cooking up conspiracy theories and such. For all the reassurance that I tried to give (and hey -- I've got no control over the situation), I wasn't able to give what one official letter from Ford Corporate could have given -- some reassurance. I got frustrated at the process I couldn't fix and at the same time wasn't going to be drawn into activity that would put my employer into a lawsuit. So I had to end the tracking service.

What we really need to see here is a better line of communication between the manufacturing arm and the dealer, and from the dealer to the customer. The customer shouldn't have to chase around the dealer for info, and the dealer should have more info if there is a delay in a customer's order.

There should be no reason that when a customer/dealer submits an order that they can't get some PIN number where a customer can log on to a special customer website with that PIN and pull up Vehicle Visibility for their order. THAT is what people expect in the 21st century.

ViperPilot, I appreciate your time and explanation, you are right -it would have been wonderful having some communication from Ford during this process.

What you guys attacking Kahdir seem not to get, is that he planned to buy a Mustang. He ordered a Mustang on the 1st day he possibly could and waited, then waited, so no need mocking him as if he were a troll. Ford's losing a customer, not because any car was better than the Mustang but because Ford made a decision to stock their dealers before retail orders. I'm aware of the hold but no one will ever be able to convince me Ford stopped at nothing to fix and ship retail orders as quickly as stock.

Kahdir's car was built almost a month after mine but he ordered two weeks ahead of me, his former car shipped today, mine didn't. And, this isn't some isolated story, check the other fanboy sites, don't blame Kahdir, blame Ford.

Thank you grab302, I wish you and pony racer luck with your cars.

For those that choose to ridicule, feel free... that is a excellent way to represent your company. Considering 2 income households are becoming more and more rare with this economy walking on egg shells... I'm sure a household that purchases a vehicle every couple years (sometimes 2) will not mater, nor will the influence with family or friends . So laugh it up :D

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

My name is Kahdir and I've been a Mustang fan since I can remember. I planned on keeping my 2005 Mustang GT (VIN #1ZVFT82H955118929) forever... until some teenage girl texting while driving rear-ended my Mustang, doing over $9k in damage. sad.gif

Dissatisfied with the repairs after a lot of back & forth with my insurance company, I decided to replace it with a 2011 Mustang GT. I was able to chit chat with some of the Ford engineers at SEMA and heard that the order banks would open early for the new 5.0L. I had my dealer (the same one that I purchased my 2005 from) spec a car on 12/26/09, it was submitted on 1/18/10 (the day the order banks opened) and accepted on 1/19/10. Not quite sure why my car wasn't scheduled to be built until the week of May 10th (possible parts shortage on my options... shrug.gif ) but it was built on May 14th with an ETA of May 22nd yahoo.gif

Well, May 22nd came and went... it was then updated to June 1st ETA. Ok, I thought... until others that ordered afterwards were receiving their cars mad.gif . I think the final straw for me was the lack of updated info on my car while some were able to receive their cars in as little as 18 days censored.gif . Well, I checked one finally time on Friday (6/25/10) -to no surprise still no update! (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634)

Sounds like a confession.

Anyway... that's what happens when a company provides poor customer service.

The days of "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black" are long over.

Maybe now Ford will understand they are losing customers due to poor business practices. If it wasn't for the dealership, I too would have bought from a diffrent company.

Edited by mettech

Thank you VP for getting to the heart of the problem. I expect (hopefully incorrectly) that this lack of communication is about to hit the Fiesta Movement like a ton of bricks, and ruin all the good will that Ford worked hard to earn from a new segment of the marketplace. The One Ford should be able to focus their (now more concentrated) efforts on customer service, in the same manner as they have with the product line. Fortunately there are some dealers who understand customer service, and have been doing their best to take up the slack, with whatever limited information is made available to them.

VP, you are right that people should be able to receive a PIN to track their order. Heck, the factory already uses RFID tags to track each car as it's being built in order to coordinate parts arrival. Why not extend this in some manner for completed cars?

Sounds like a confession.

confession?..i could see your BS reply if you told the guy to get some holy water and christen the kamoro as all chebbys need immediate rosary beads and holy water tossed on em to help avoid the inevitable break downs..but the guy did wait and wait..good post really...ford needs info like this to make changes for the better

Edited by snooter

For those that choose to ridicule, feel free... that is a excellent way to represent your company. Considering 2 income households are becoming more and more rare with this economy walking on egg shells... I'm sure a household that purchases a vehicle every couple years (sometimes 2) will not mater, nor will the influence with family or friends . So laugh it up :D

whine, whine whine.

now give this post some negative points like you did to the others that disagreed with you.

Friggin' baby.

Enjoy all the time your Craparo spends on the hoist.

• Like 1

oh my, what is it about the management postings and basically nothing but wahhhhh fests! Seriously :shades: and heres a CLASSIC case of a gent getting impatient and purchasing an inferior vehicle out of spite...and now all that he will be posting is how he thinks the camaro is superior....I seriously doubt any management from Ford veiws these posts, all i can say is those whining about delays should exercise some more patience, if thsy are slow in coming so be it...the wait is worth it, deciding to chop ones nose off to spite their face acheives NOTHING........

• Like 2

Enjoy your new car kahdir!

Like snooter and mettech said, Ford needs to make some major improvements to its customer care operations as it relates to retail sold orders.

neeker...ALL manufacturers could make improvements when it comes to consumer feedback and straight answers....ALL....

it is a pretty typical attribute of the car business.....

neeker...ALL manufacturers could make improvements when it comes to consumer feedback and straight answers....ALL....

In this case it's complicated by the fact that mfrs don't sell cars directly to individuals, and there is only so much the factory can do without running afoul of the dealer franchise laws.

Lessons learned:

1. Ford could do a better job communicating vehicle status to the dealer

2. Anyone who pre-orders a new vehicle before it's even started production should be prepared for a long wait.

3. Waiting to order after the factory is in full production mode shipping directly from the assembly line without quality inspections is much safer

4. Ford should only build dealer stock vehicles until the quality holds are over - that way presold vehicles won't be affected.

5. People who buy camaros instead of re-ordering at another dealer or finding one in stock or just waiting another week or two deserve what they get

• Like 4

Very true Deanh, very true... :yup: I just want Ford to take the lead in this area, just as its product development operations have improved dramatically in recent years and IMO is the best of any mass-market automaker.

In this case it's complicated by the fact that mfrs don't sell cars directly to individuals, and there is only so much the factory can do without running afoul of the dealer franchise laws.

Lessons learned:

2. Anyone who pre-orders a new vehicle before it's even started production should be prepared for a long wait.

3. Waiting to order after the factory is in full production mode shipping directly from the assembly line without quality inspections is much safer

4. Ford should only build dealer stock vehicles until the quality holds are over - that way presold vehicles won't be affected.

5. People who buy camaros instead of re-ordering at another dealer or finding one in stock or just waiting another week or two deserve what they get

Good advice all around!

Lessons learned:

nothing really complicated about it, its the way its always been and always will be...remove the dealers and the public will get rightfully screwed..WE are the fall guys, WE get the blame and WE get burdened with rectifying any issues...imagine customer relations if that padding is releived of duty and you are dealing with "The Big Guy"...wont and never will work. Fact is in this case Ford has an exceptionally desirable car and their REP is on the line...answer...dont release said vehicles if an issue is discovered...a few opissed off "gotta have it right away" impatient bloggers do a LOT less damage to a manufacturers rep than an instant recall, fix or media embellished witch hunt.....so, my advice, if its just come out be patient, simple as that...oh, and my Fiesta was origionally "meant" to be here over a month ago....am i pi$$ing and moaning on a website ...nope.

nothing really complicated about it, its the way its always been and always will be...remove the dealers and the public will get rightfully screwed..WE are the fall guys, WE get the blame and WE get burdened with rectifying any issues...imagine customer relations if that padding is releived of duty and you are dealing with "The Big Guy"...wont and never will work. Fact is in this case Ford has an exceptionally desirable car and their REP is on the line...answer...dont release said vehicles if an issue is discovered...a few opissed off "gotta have it right away" impatient bloggers do a LOT less damage to a manufacturers rep than an instant recall, fix or media embellished witch hunt.....so, my advice, if its just come out be patient, simple as that...oh, and my Fiesta was origionally "meant" to be here over a month ago....am i pi$$ing and moaning on a website ...nope.

It complicates the process because Ford is prohibitied from doing certain things that it might want to do to provide better customer service. That was the goal of the Blue Oval Certified process but what happened there? Dealers sued and won - game over.

I agree with the impatience aspect, but then again if Ford had not built a retail ordered car prior to the end of the quality holds then it would not have sat around for over a month.

Some delay should be expected but I think this particular case was a little extraordinary and the lack of any status (which could also be the dealer's fault) just made it that much worse.