I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

exactly..

all im getting is hear say from the dealer SM stating that he has escalated to his Regional Manager,

that the car shipped and should have been changed MID TRANSIT to the correct dealership. (Stevens Ford) Milford Ct.

Why would Ford take an X-plan order that was for a specific dealer, even though its closed and just decide to ship it to another dealer (Bob Thomas Ford, Hamden Ct), when all orders were supposed to be changed to Stevens, without even contacting me? especially when Ford HAS all my information regarding the car, they could have called/emailed at any point and asked me where to ship the car.

now there is a huge logistics issue. that no one other than certain individuals can trace. and no recent updates on shipped vehicle, no one can tell me an ETA. only approximately where the car is

I cant thank everyone enough for the info provided to me, what im trying to do is help others in the future, including myself in future orders,

hopefully someone from Ford gets a hint as to the aggravating nature of my situation and alot of other customers.

my circumstance is extremely rare but unfortunately that is the situation i'm in at the moment.

hey, its the Zone reps issue by NOT transferring the car to the new dealer...thats HIS/HERS fault. Ford doesnt have any info on you barring a name...the contact info isnt transferred to ford ( another issue IMO ) from the dealer....the ever increasin snowball unfortunately...

hey, its the Zone reps issue by NOT transferring the car to the new dealer...thats HIS/HERS fault. Ford doesnt have any info on you barring a name...the contact info isnt transferred to ford ( another issue IMO ) from the dealer....the ever increasin snowball unfortunately...

AND they removed my name off the X-plan on the sticker PRIOR to shipping from Plant.

AND they removed my name off the X-plan on the sticker PRIOR to shipping from Plant.

now thats just plain wrong...and revealed is yet another ( in my opinion ) weakness of the system...why just a name Ford? shouldnt a contact ph# or e-mail come with orders upon the customers request? although, come to think of it, they are instituting e-mail adress through the order verification process. So hopefully Rick, the issue you have experienced have been adressed...or are being....

Dean, what I meant about "dealers competing," etc. is that dealers don't want other dealers knowing what another's orders are; which is why the system is segregated. Ford corporate doesn't have the same agenda and can therefore leave the system more open.

now thats just plain wrong...and revealed is yet another ( in my opinion ) weakness of the system...why just a name Ford? shouldnt a contact ph# or e-mail come with orders upon the customers request? although, come to think of it, they are instituting e-mail adress through the order verification process. So hopefully Rick, the issue you have experienced have been adressed...or are being....

That information is in the system, it isn't on the sticker. For obvious reasons; that window sticker is viewed by many people between production and delivery. Anyone can reverse-lookup a phone number and find the adress of the customer,so this does become a privacy issue.

Dean, what I meant about "dealers competing," etc. is that dealers don't want other dealers knowing what another's orders are; which is why the system is segregated. Ford corporate doesn't have the same agenda and can therefore leave the system more open.

That information is in the system, it isn't on the sticker. For obvious reasons; that window sticker is viewed by many people between production and delivery. Anyone can reverse-lookup a phone number and find the adress of the customer,so this does become a privacy issue.

last I looked, aside from the new implemented order verification process ( Raptor and some othe rmodels ) the ph#, e-mail adress and customer information was the sole property of the Dealership....until the vehicle is RDR'ed of course...which is after delivery.

last I looked, aside from the new implemented order verification process ( Raptor and some othe rmodels ) the ph#, e-mail adress and customer information was the sole property of the Dealership....until the vehicle is RDR'ed of course...which is after delivery.

It is, But we're talking about the X-Plan, where in order to get a PIN you need to provide the info to Ford.

It is, But we're talking about the X-Plan, where in order to get a PIN you need to provide the info to Ford.

ahh comprende......I think with the order verification process they probably have my info too.....here ya go viper...3FADP4FJ0BM106636

Edited by Deanh

ahh comprende......I think with the order verification process they probably have my info too.....here ya go viper...3FADP4FJ0BM106636

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX907068 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jul-07-2010, 16:00 MT

D Ham<snip>

Dealer:

T<snip>e R<snip>, Inc

2060 <snip>, C<snip>, CA , 926<snip> , (949).<snip>

And maybe your Mexican is better than mine:

Inicial y número : ETTX907068

Tipo:PLATAFORMAS-ARMAZON 3 NIV/AUTO

C/V: C

Eventos: SALIDA DE TREN

Ciudad:CARBO

Estado: SONORA

Fecha: 8 DE JULIO

Hora: 13:29

Observaciones: EDI-1

Surprised that you ordered with only a 40 priority code.

If you need any of this info removed, respond as such.

PS: You want to track it yourself check here:

http://www.ferromex.com.mx/eFerromex/consultas/carros/ConsultaCarros.do

Edited by ViperPilot

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX907068 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jul-07-2010, 16:00 MT

D Ham<snip>

Dealer:

T<snip>e R<snip>, Inc

2060 <snip>, C<snip>, CA , 926<snip> , (949).<snip>

And maybe your Mexican is better than mine:

Inicial y número : ETTX907068

Tipo:PLATAFORMAS-ARMAZON 3 NIV/AUTO

C/V: C

Eventos: SALIDA DE TREN

Ciudad:CARBO

Estado: SONORA

Fecha: 8 DE JULIO

Hora: 13:29

Observaciones: EDI-1

Surprised that you ordered with only a 40 priority code.

If you need any of this info removed, respond as such.

PS: You want to track it yourself check here:

http://www.ferromex.com.mx/eFerromex/consultas/carros/ConsultaCarros.do

I feel so dirty and violated.....figured you couldnt resist....lol...dont know what the hangup is, apparently there may be rail issues due to the Hurricane???? who knows. Priority 40???? weird...it IS on our first batch though...Bueno Amigo....

I feel so dirty and violated.....figured you couldnt resist....lol...dont know what the hangup is, apparently there may be rail issues due to the Hurricane???? who knows. Priority 40???? weird...it IS on our first batch though...Bueno Amigo....

Sorry, it's the best I can do from home, my out of plant resources are limited. I'm on vacation this week.

But if it's any consolation I have a valuable USPS package that has disappeared into customs for 2 days now and I think they're doing it intentionally. :^x

Sorry, it's the best I can do from home, my out of plant resources are limited. I'm on vacation this week.

But if it's any consolation I have a valuable USPS package that has disappeared into customs for 2 days now and I think they're doing it intentionally. :^x

hmmm, does the package include a Mustang?...lol...ebnjoy your vacation.

Thanks, and no I'm ordering mine in Jan-Feb so it'll be a 2012. I'm hoping they will shrink the $7000 spread between the US/Canadian price for the same car some by then.

one of the guys on TMS. lives in montreal.. bought a 2011 in the US and brought it back/, i think he said it saved him about 5k, dont know all the details, he said there was some leg work involved.. but in the long run was worth it..

if you want the thread ill see if i can find it

one of the guys on TMS. lives in montreal.. bought a 2011 in the US and brought it back/, i think he said it saved him about 5k, dont know all the details, he said there was some leg work involved.. but in the long run was worth it..

if you want the thread ill see if i can find it

Thanks, I'm on TMS already, and you know me, just not as VP.

I would buy in the US but seeing as I have only $10G cash plus my car I'd still be financing $30G. Being a Canadian resident you can't finance through US Ford Motor Credit, and when you consider the 7% cost of borrowing it would erode most of what you would save.

As an A-Planner it would be smarter to just wait until the 0% financing comes out. Montreal Ponies saved more because he doesn't have the A-Plan discount to start from.

Edited by ViperPilot

When I see the title of this topic, "I am a Camaro Owner" for some reason I can't stop thinking it must be something about a 12 step program for Camaro owners. The first step is to admit that they are powerless and had to buy a Camaro.

I need to ask..

is there anyway to get a RAIL company. to speed up their transport..

im talking about making them move ..

mine is STILL sitting for over a week *(since July 1) at the same location.. at a switching yard in bringhamton, ny.

has been shuffled back and forth between Norfolk Southern and CPR. but hasnt left the rail yard..

Edited by pony racer

I need to ask..

is there anyway to get a RAIL company. to speed up their transport..

im talking about making them move ..

mine is STILL sitting for over a week *(since July 1) at the same location.. at a switching yard in bringhamton, ny.

has been shuffled back and forth between Norfolk Southern and CPR. but hasnt left the rail yard..

Unfortunately the only person that has the ability to do anything is your dealer. Sorry

You have my condolences. My co-worker hates his.

sat in a camaro at the auto show, absolutely hated the interior. I mean hated.

sat in a challenger- nice. I'd take one in a heartbeat, but wouldnt trade a mustang for it.

sat in a new mustang- excellent- but that fugly rearend still keeps it WAY off my wishlist... sorry.

UPDATE!!

Car has been offloaded from railcar ramp

owner of dealership, called me personally, advised me car will be here thursday / friday at the latest..

i'll will keep you guys updated.. and will post some pics for ya.. even tho i know you all probably have seen them all before..

UPDATE!!

Car has been offloaded from railcar ramp

owner of dealership, called me personally, advised me car will be here thursday / friday at the latest..

i'll will keep you guys updated.. and will post some pics for ya.. even tho i know you all probably have seen them all before..

Congrats! We never get tired of seeing new rigs. Your patience has paid off... can't wait to see it!