'11 Explorer Will Be Revealed on Facebook

Maybe I'm too frickin old to understand this,but Ford spent all this time and money on the Fiesta Movement and working the social networking sites for Fiesta, and then when it finally hits dealerships....NOTHING. The mega dealership Bill Brown has them parked in back of lot almost hidden if you are not searching for them, no demos running, no signs on windows announcing them...no nothing. Now is the time to advertise and market. The Ford dealerships around me seem bored by the Fiesta. Like hide them out back and make sure no one sees them out front and wants to test drive one.

Maybe I'm too frickin old to understand this,but Ford spent all this time and money on the Fiesta Movement and working the social networking sites for Fiesta, and then when it finally hits dealerships....NOTHING. The mega dealership Bill Brown has them parked in back of lot almost hidden if you are not searching for them, no demos running, no signs on windows announcing them...no nothing. Now is the time to advertise and market. The Ford dealerships around me seem bored by the Fiesta. Like hide them out back and make sure no one sees them out front and wants to test drive one.

Maybe you should ask those dealer why they're hiding them out back?

Maybe you should ask those dealer why they're hiding them out back?

I believe it's just the way dealers run their bussiness now. When I was growing up in the late 50's, the dealers really went crazy when the new models arrived. Of course no internet and such then. Very seldom in past 15 years or so have dealerships put up big signs out front announcing all new vehicles. Not much in way of new model open houses and the like. Bill Brown Ford will sometimes run a premier night, but doesn't look like Fiesta will get one. I guess it could be because they are just trickling in now and maybe more when they have 50 or so lined up in lot. We will see. But as of now you would think they would put ONE out front and put up a fricking sign. Or write in big letter son your showroom windows...Fiesta is here!!!!

They are most likely retail orders that are waiting for owners to pick yhem up. All dealers were offered 1 or 2 stock units at start up. The first 3 we recieved were all retail orders. Our stock units are do in next week.

Man all you do is complain....I think you need a vacation or get laid or something!

I found the same phenomenon in Ford world headquarter. I pass there everyday after work. I purposely pass through their parking lot to see whether there is any fiesta over there. The parking lot always have a lot of employee leasing car. Yesterday, I found that they have 24 beautiful fiesta hiding among Flex, taurus, Edge, Focus. They purposely put them in the far back row, so that no one can notice that.

That boat looks to be about the same size as mine, probably about 4000 pounds or so. Good news indeed!

I heard a long time ago that it would tow 5500 lbs. I'd say it will be either 5000 or 5500 depending on what changes they had to make over the last year.

2.0EB will not be available at launch from everything I have heard.

interestingly enough, didnt they say it was to be unveiled in the 2011 Edge first?.......its not noted on the 2011 ordering guides yet....any insight Pioneer?

interestingly enough, didnt they say it was to be unveiled in the 2011 Edge first?.......its not noted on the 2011 ordering guides yet....any insight Pioneer?

Yes, from what the guys I know at the engine plant have been saying, it will be in the Edge first. The lack of availability on the Explorer launch seems to be more of working the bugs out of the vehicle production process itself, not the availability of the engine. The engine has been production ready at the plant for a while now. Longevity testing has been done. It's ready to go.

2.0EB will not be available at launch from everything I have heard.

Sounds like Explorer I-4 EB and the Falcon I-4 EB will be the stronger 230 hp/230 lb ft version

which Ford is now indicating will be available early next year.

No doubt, the priority is feeding out the lower series 200 hp/200 lbft to FWD

Euro cars so maybe the higher series is built down a different engine line?

Edited by jpd80

In the future, I would like to see Ford introduce all new vehicles on social networking sites so that by the time they are at auto show they are on floor that we can get inside them and climb all over them. No more spinning pedestals like with 2012 Focus and many other new vehicles over the years. Put it on inernet so that more people can see it initially and then do away with the spinning pedestals with no chance of sitting in one, and opening the hood and trunk.