'11 Explorer Will Be Revealed on Facebook

In the future, I would like to see Ford introduce all new vehicles on social networking sites so that by the time they are at auto show they are on floor that we can get inside them and climb all over them. No more spinning pedestals like with 2012 Focus and many other new vehicles over the years. Put it on inernet so that more people can see it initially and then do away with the spinning pedestals with no chance of sitting in one, and opening the hood and trunk.

I think this is an experiment along those lines. I agree with you completely.

OTOH, these teaser photos are just ridiculous.

I think this is an experiment along those lines. I agree with you completely.

OTOH, these teaser photos are just ridiculous.

You mean ridiculous as in silly or 'Get on with it!'? I'm in the latter regarding the pictures.

I hope there's more of this for other cars, I agree with FordBuyer. Anyway, I joined the site and waiting...

I remember reading something about GMs Autorama/Motorama garnering much interest, but in today's highly competitive environment, it's probably not cost effective, but do these pictures really do it for people?

I found the Chryco 300 an ugly car in pictures where I first saw it, but more attractive in person.

Occaisionally a local dealer will park a new model in a shopping mall or other venue, behind the velvet ropes, but I still get more out of seeing it in real liife than any picture.

How about a coordinated effort where the car is "revealed" on FB AND in real life?

Its frustrating to me to see a car in pictures (especially if I'm interested) only to have to wait months or years to go see it and/or sit in it.

Sounds like Explorer I-4 EB and the Falcon I-4 EB will be the stronger 230 hp/230 lb ft version

which Ford is now indicating will be available early next year.

No doubt, the priority is feeding out the lower series 200 hp/200 lbft to FWD

Euro cars so maybe the higher series is built down a different engine line?

Considering the new Hyundai 2.0T has 274hp and 269lb-ft, I think 230hp/230lb-ft would be a major disappointment.

Considering the new Hyundai 2.0T has 274hp and 269lb-ft, I think 230hp/230lb-ft would be a major disappointment.

All depends on what that torque curve looks like really. I wouldn't want a high-strung, high-RPM 4 cylinder in a vehicle the size of the Explorer.

All depends on what that torque curve looks like really. I wouldn't want a high-strung, high-RPM 4 cylinder in a vehicle the size of the Explorer.

Not to mention fuel economy. Ford seems to be tuning for max fuel economy and low end torque so I'd wait for the performance numbers to get too excited.

I do expect to see the 2.0L or 2.5L ecoboost replace the V6 in the Edge and Fusion while the V6 is reserved for the MkZ and MKX. This will allow Lincoln to have exclusive engines over their Ford counterparts.

The Hyundai engine makes 269lb-ft at 1800rpm and gets 22/34mpg in the Sonata.

Nice low peak, but that still doesn't say what its entire torque curve looks like. Regardless, I expect the final numbers on the 2.0 EcoBoost to be more than competitive. All of their other engines have been of late.

I can't wait to see the new Explorer. It is going to be a home run. I just know it. I wish I could afford one, but as a single person I probably will be looking at a 2011 Edge when it comes time to turn in my leased Fusion. The size and price of the Edge makes more sense for me, but it is nice to dream.

Nice low peak, but that still doesn't say what its entire torque curve looks like. Regardless, I expect the final numbers on the 2.0 EcoBoost to be more than competitive. All of their other engines have been of late.

I think we need to remember that Ford's 2.0 turbo is the base engine, destined for people who were happy with a 4.0 Cologne V6. Compared to a base Highlander's 185hp 4 cylinder, it will be awsome. I expect Ford is leaving HP on the table in search of MPG.