New Tire Pricing at Dealers

Has anyone purchsed a new set of tires for their F150 at the dealer ? Was wondering on pricing and warranty : road hazzard, tread wear .

I'll have to research my store's pricing compared to our local tire dealers but I do know that we're selling a lot of tires through our service department these days. As for tire warranty, road hazard, etc. that would come under the tire manufacturer's warranty.

Has anyone purchsed a new set of tires for their F150 at the dealer ? Was wondering on pricing and warranty : road hazzard, tread wear .

With the current sale going on until the end of August, prices are very good !

First there are mail in rebates from different tire manufacturers from $15 to $25 per tire.

Second, they price match any local tire store.

Third, Ford employees and retirees get an extra discount.

Warranty comes from the tire company. None of the dealers in my area sell "road hazard insurance".

Last time I got a price quote from the dealer I almost barfed :confused: The 20" Pirelli tires for my Edge were quoted $220.00 each from the Ford dealer he said that's the best deal out.... I thought otherwise and called around. Performance Plus quoted me $120 + 11 for install.. Needless to say Ford will never be on my tire shopping list :redcard:

I had a sidewall bubble and only needed 1 tire

Just for kicks I just went to tirerack.com and they have my Pirelli's for $120 also. Looks like I saved lots of money on shipping. Their roadside Hazard warranty is $14/ tire, I didn't get that.

Edited by Hydro

With the current sale going on until the end of August, prices are very good !

I called the dealer back for my rediculous quote and he said no way, can't even touch it.

Check Tirerack.com, they will drop ship to most tire and wheel stores. Most times the stores will match tireracks prices. That's always the first place I go to get quotes then call the shops to see if they'llbeat it.

Edited by Hydro

Check Tirerack.com, they will drop ship to most tire and wheel stores. Most times the stores will match tireracks prices. That's always the first place I go to get quotes then call the shops to see if they'll beat it.

Tirerack is a good "reference" price or if you want something that is not carried locally. Especially good for winter tires.

I don't think Ford dealers will price match Tirerack. First there is shipping. Typically $10-$15 per tire.

Then there is installation, balancing and disposal that must be handled locally. Most local tire installers charge premium for installing Tirerack tires. This can easily be $20-$30 per tire.

Discounttire.com (Midwest, Southeast and most of the West) gives price quotes online that will be honored at a local Discount Tire store and that Ford Dealers will price match.

Then there is installation, balancing and disposal that must be handled locally. Most local tire installers charge premium for installing Tirerack tires. This can easily be $20-$30 per tire.

Your lucky if you can find someone who will mount the tires from the rack for you. If someone brings them in to us, the answer is a flat no...not interested. When they look at you like you an alien, you simply ask the question "do you bring your own food to a restaurant and ask them to cook it?" That kind of puts things in prospective.

When you add the extras in, the rack doesn't save you a lot. And like Hydro said, the dealer is going to bang you very hard for tires...not to mention the nitrogen inflation they are going to push you to get...at $10 a tire.

Edited by atomaro

Your lucky if you can find someone who will mount the tires from the rack for you. If someone brings them in to us, the answer is a flat no...not interested. When they look at you like you an alien, you simply ask the question "do you bring your own food to a restaurant and ask them to cook it?" That kind of puts things in prospective.

When you add the extras in, the rack doesn't save you a lot. And like Hydro said, the dealer is going to bang you very hard for tires...not to mention the nitrogen inflation they are going to push you to get...at $10 a tire.

Tirerack has pre-arranged installation with local shops who have already agreed to do the install for a set price (set by the local dealer but published on tirerack.com).

However, that doesn't mean the tech doing the mounting will be happy about it or do as good of a job as if the tires were bought in the store.

I did that once when the local shops didn't carry the tire I needed for the Aviator and I didn't have time to wait. Tirerack had it there the next day. Of course neither tires plus nor Kauffman could get it inflated (something about the sidewall being too stiff and not having a big enough air tank to pop it in. So Kauffman waited for the old tire guy to come in and he used the old brake cleaner and a match trick.

Now I find that the local tire stores are competitive with tirerack and since Kauffman fixes my flats for free I try to give them the business. Last time they matched Costco.

Now I find that the local tire stores are competitive with tirerack and since Kauffman fixes my flats for free I try to give them the business. Last time they matched Costco.

That's impressive.

If you don't want anything too out of the ordinary I have found that Costco and Sam's Club tire prices are almost impossible to beat. And they carry my preferred brand, Michelin. Not every tire that Michelin makes, but enough to satisfy probably 75%+ of the public.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Ford dealers will price match Tirerack. First there is shipping. Typically $10-$15 per tire.

Discounttire.com (Midwest, Southeast and most of the West) gives price quotes online that will be honored at a local Discount Tire store and that Ford Dealers will price match.

If you don't want anything too out of the ordinary I have found that Costco and Sam's Club tire prices are almost impossible to beat. And they carry my preferred brand, Michelin. Not every tire that Michelin makes, but enough to satisfy probably 75%+ of the public.

Go with Discount Tire Co and buy at the end of the month. They price match as well, which I provided the Sams Club price for my size/model tire. I got a set of 4 BFG's T/A KO's for less than Sam Club was selling them for. But I also got the Repair/Replace/Refund warranty, Install & lifetime balance, valve stems and rotations, disposal and environmental fee all for FREE. So I saved roughly $200 on these fees alone, then I also received a per tire discount of about $20 per tire compared to the normal Discount Tire price. Also got a $60 mail in rebate from BFG. So all in all I saved over $300.

Of course Tirerack and the dealer were unwilling to match these prices.

Edited by V8-X

Go with Discount Tire Co and buy at the end of the month. They price match as well, which I provided the Sams Club price for my size/model tire. I got a set of 4 BFG's T/A KO's for less than Sam Club was selling them for. But I also got the Repair/Replace/Refund warranty, Install & lifetime balance, valve stems and rotations, disposal and environmental fee all for FREE. So I saved roughly $200 on these fees alone, then I also received a per tire discount of about $20 per tire compared to the normal Discount Tire price. Also got a $60 mail in rebate from BFG. So all in all I saved over $300.

Of course Tirerack and the dealer were unwilling to match these prices.

Sounds like they paid YOU to put the tires on the car. Sam's usually includes installation plus you'd still get the mail in rebate. So you really just got it for a little bit less than Sam's club which is still a great deal. But there's no way you saved $300 over the out the door Sam's club price.

Tirerack has pre-arranged installation with local shops who have already agreed to do the install for a set price (set by the local dealer but published on tirerack.com).

However, that doesn't mean the tech doing the mounting will be happy about it or do as good of a job as if the tires were bought in the store.

I did that once when the local shops didn't carry the tire I needed for the Aviator and I didn't have time to wait. Tirerack had it there the next day. Of course neither tires plus nor Kauffman could get it inflated (something about the sidewall being too stiff and not having a big enough air tank to pop it in. So Kauffman waited for the old tire guy to come in and he used the old brake cleaner and a match trick.

I have seen that brake cleaner and match trick. It is amazing to watch.......from a distance!

Edited by DUCKRACER