Lincoln Continental

i would like to have seen it. don't worry about the naysayers... i like your work.

I knew there was a "problem' with it, because I said it looked "72 Montego-ish." It was one of those chops you work on and on and on.........but just can't make it work (Iwas trying for a 300C/Bentley look.. I guess this in't the place to try anything new OR old. People on here don't get the process.........but thye are quick to throw out an "opinion."

I like your addition of hips to the Continental concept. I too prefer the first one, but I do feel perhaps the grille should angle slightly inward as it moves toward the bottom of the vehicle to go better with the inner corners of the headlights, as well as the intake openings on the lower corners of the bumper.

I like your addition of hips to the Continental concept. I too prefer the first one, but I do feel perhaps the grille should angle slightly inward as it moves toward the bottom of the vehicle to go better with the inner corners of the headlights, as well as the intake openings on the lower corners of the bumper.

I thought it would make it look to "Edsel-ish" ......but I think it looks better.

8cd660c6.jpg

More horizontal:

d0ba1272.jpg

I guess we'll never understand why nothing ever came of the handful of cool Lincoln concept cars from a few years ago. Well except for the half-assed MKX/Aviator and MKS. They need a continental, good work!

Simple - they weren't feasible production vehicles. They were pie in the sky smoke and mirror props. For the MKR and Interceptor - there was no production capable platform sitting under those. Supposedly when Mulally found out he hit the roof and declared that Ford would no longer make concepts just for the sake of making a concept that wasn't production capable.

• 3 weeks later...

Timmm, on your chops, try eliminating the Lincoln logo within the grille and give it a proper hood ornament....with the logo in the grille you are right that it comes off looking like a 72-73 Montego (not a problem in my book..I have a '76) I think that with a proper hood ornament, it will give it back some of that Lincoln panache.

Edited by twintornados