LINCOLN K V-12

I don't mind it at all! But like RMC, I think there is one thing there that is out of place - and that's the covered in wheel arch.

Can we see a version minus that cover, please?

Also, about how big is this thing?! It looks HUGE! :)

Edited by Aussie_Ford

I like it, but there's something about it that seems off to me - I cannot place it though

:confused: rmc, you've said that about nearly every chop I've made. If YOU can't place it, how can I?

BTW it is huge, I used the Cadillac 16 as a starting point. This chop is a bit tongue in cheek (note the $MONEY$ font and the color of money in general.......it's intended to be over the top).

As for the skirts, there is an aerodynamic advantage and they add a classic detail.

67164edb.jpg

I see what you meant by the passenger side windshield.....I'd made it more upright and that corner got a little wanky LOL

Edited by timmm55

:confused: rmc, you've said that about nearly every chop I've made. If YOU can't place it, how can I?

BTW it is huge, I used the Cadillac 16 as a starting point. This chop is a bit tongue in cheek (note the $MONEY$ font and the color of money in general.......it's intended to be over the top).

As for the skirts, there is an aerodynamic advantage and they add a classic detail.

I know, I need to stop doing thatbanghead.gif

Part of it may be the angle of the top of the windshield where it meets the roof looks a bit off, and the grille/headlights to me look as if the passenger side could be a tad higher?

Oddly enough, I kinda liked the wheel skirt.....perhaps too the rear where the wheel arch meets the back end (just above the exhaust) could be a little more curved to go better with the otherwise curvy body?

There, I looked at it again (at a reasonable hour) and was able to better notice a few thingscamera.gif

Timm you know i am a big fan, so keep up the great stuff!

I am looking at the fender line as is swoops down to the running board. This line seems to be a little too high as it crosses the door, and it looks like it could possibly be brought a bit lower at the end. As shown, it looks like the swoop line on the side of a 69 Cougar more than the fender line of a classic. It seems like the C pillar shape might more closely repeat the design element of the curve of the front fender sweep.

All in all it is one of your best chops in my opinion!

• 4 weeks later...

This would never "play" but I like the look.........no function what-so-ever! LOL

5f78b431.jpg

458627c2.jpg

If they ever remake Night Shift, that could be Billy Blaze's new ride.

Bill: I'm an idea man Chuck, I get ideas, sometimes I get so many ideas that I can't even fight them off!

Bill: What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, WITH the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great.

[speaks into tape recorder]

Bill: Call Starkist!

Very, very nice. Now, sometimes, simplicity is best.

Your design for the rear quarter/C-pillar is excellent, the rear wheel cutout is a powerful shape/contour. The point is, it doesn't need the distraction of the side sculpture.

So, I took it out, and lengthened the Lincoln logo side. Hope you like it, because the foundation is really good. :)

lincolnk1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Very, very nice. Now, sometimes, simplicity is best.

Your design for the rear quarter/C-pillar is excellent, the rear wheel cutout is a powerful shape/contour. The point is, it doesn't need the distraction of the side sculpture.

So, I took it out, and lengthened the Lincoln logo side. Hope you like it, because the foundation is really good. :)

Nah, didn't mind it, I made one like that at one point. Guess I was getting a little OVER over the top.

Here's vert. Skirts are back, redid a few things.

post-19198-0-95172500-1294447717_thumb.jpg