*CURRENT Tracking Rules*

• cyberdman changed the title to *CURRENT Tracking Rules*
  • akirby locked this topic
  • akirby unlocked this topic

Hello Blue Oval Friends.  I've been tracking here for you all for ... what - somewhere around 12 years or more?  I know we've had some ups and downs here.  I have been through an unbelievable amount of turmoil in my career and made it through dozens and dozens of cuts, setbacks, salaried reductions, smart redesigns, etc. etc. and despite being a third generation Ford employee with a combined 26 years with the company (minus 5 years with that Visteon fiasco) and someone who has always bled blue - it just wasn't enough this time and my time has now come to an end.  I have been volunteered to involuntarily separate myself from the company.  Tomorrow is my last official day.  I am about to lose my access and I will not be able to track any longer.  It breaks my heart.

Since I am no longer tracking, the rules no longer matter.  Please, if you wish, go ahead and make posts in here if you would like to say something nice - or even yell at me.  I'd love to see it.

Hopefully someone else will come along and take this over for you all and hopefully they will make their own rules...

• Like 3
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 15
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, cyberdman said:

Hello Blue Oval Friends.  I've been tracking here for you all for ... what - somewhere around 12 years or more?  I know we've had some ups and downs here.  I have been through an unbelievable amount of turmoil in my career and made it through dozens and dozens of cuts, setbacks, salaried reductions, smart redesigns, etc. etc. and despite being a third generation Ford employee with a combined 26 years with the company (minus 5 years with that Visteon fiasco) and someone who has always bled blue - it just wasn't enough this time and my time has now come to an end.  I have been volunteered to involuntarily separate myself from the company.  Tomorrow is my last official day.  I am about to lose my access and I will not be able to track any longer.  It breaks my heart.

Since I am no longer tracking, the rules no longer matter.  Please, if you wish, go ahead and make posts in here if you would like to say something nice - or even yell at me.  I'd love to see it.

Hopefully someone else will come along and take this over for you all and hopefully they will make their own rules...

Thank you for all your years of service, both to Ford and to the Blue Oval Forums and its members with the all the time you've donated on a voluntary basis to track BOF member vehicles. Best wishes for your future endeavors! Your absence will be a great loss. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

You were always friendly and helpful and your rules were clear and simple.
It will be difficult for anyone who wants to follow in your footsteps.
All the best and the best of health, you will be missed here.
Best regards
dieter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

You've helped so many of us throughout the years..... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I just wish we knew your name to properly thank you.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Wolfeman said:

Thanks for your help during several orders that I made through my dealership. I wish you the best in your retirement!

It isn't retirement.  I don't get that luxury.  I just get to not do this anymore.

• Sad 2

Cyberdman, first of all , sorry to lose you as an excellent resource here on BlueovalForums, we all are going to miss the thankless task you under took years ago to help us.

I am sorry to hear of your forced retirement, would have been nice for you to have received more notice im sure and you obviously enjoyed what you were doing so that is like a double strike.

we can only hope and wish you transition into the next chapter with greater opportunities and more time with loved ones. Best of luck to you sir and you will be missed

• Thanks 1

Cyberdman, thanks from myself for the several vehicles you've tracked for me over the years.  But thanks for you willingness to help out the Ford Community and sorry to hear Ford isn't being nice to you.  Good luck in your future and I pray you get to work in a place you will enjoy.  

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear this.  Thank you for all the help you've given over the years, including with my current ride.

As someone who has been there, done that in a different industry I can tell you that for me, being forcibly separated from a company that I had invested way too much of myself into was the best thing to happen in my career.  A harsh reminder that a company will never love you back.

Wishing you the best wherever you go from here.

• Thanks 1

I wish I could have given you all more notice - but I didn't have any advanced notice myself either.  Of course, that is the way they wanted it. The people they got rid of this time around left just about everyone I know there scratching their heads wondering if even they know just exactly what they are doing.  It made no logical sense.

In any case - the bright side for me is I won't have to put up with the continued aggravation of having the forum bomb out 4 or 5 times while trying to update 20 odd different orders/threads.  That was maddening to deal with.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

To start off I want to thank you for your help when I was waiting on my 22 F250 and getting the standard run around or BS answer for Stealership. You have been a big player in helping everyone through all this mess that Ford wants to claim as “The New Normal”. 

Sorry to hear they are making you leave. Guessing they have or will hire someone younger with no knowledge of Fords or how things work, for less money so they can pocket more for themselves.  

• Thanks 1

That sucks in a big way and I'm not talking about the loss of your highly valued assistance.  That's just no way to treat someone unless they were being fired for cause.

Dumping you off with no warning like a line robot is just wrong.

And while it's still wrong of them,  things happen for a reason and new opportunities will open to you.

God bless. 

• Thanks 1