Just Took Delivery on new MKX

rdgallo

We just picked up our new fully loaded MKX today. The vehicle is beautiful and the fit-up and finish appears to be good. It is Sliver with black interior. The dealer did a lousy job of prepping it and we had them clean it up a bit more before we brought it home. On the way home I tried to adjust the driver's power seat and it would not move in all the directions it is supposed to. Seems jammed up (something the factory should have caught and when they didn't the dealer should have). So tomorrow morning I am taking it back in for the first warranty work at about 20 miles. I sure hope this is not an indication of things to come. I was hoping this $50k+ vehicle would be what Ford is telling everybody all there cars are as far as quality. Hope you all that are waiting on one of these have better luck than I have.

We just picked up our new fully loaded MKX today. The vehicle is beautiful and the fit-up and finish appears to be good. It is Sliver with black interior. The dealer did a lousy job of prepping it and we had them clean it up a bit more before we brought it home. On the way home I tried to adjust the driver's power seat and it would not move in all the directions it is supposed to. Seems jammed up (something the factory should have caught and when they didn't the dealer should have). So tomorrow morning I am taking it back in for the first warranty work at about 20 miles. I sure hope this is not an indication of things to come. I was hoping this $50k+ vehicle would be what Ford is telling everybody all there cars are as far as quality. Hope you all that are waiting on one of these have better luck than I have.

My local dealer delivered 3 of these where they had to make sure the bake and tailights work. The factory didn't connect the the connectors and as a result none of the lights on the back of the car were working. They found this out during the PDI process. Is quality still Job 1???

Well. we took the new MKX back to the dealer for the seat problem and on the way up we noticed it was pulling hard to the right. Long story short - the dealer appologized for his poor PDI and then had to take the two front wheels off of another new MKX and swap them with those on mine as the tires were the culprit for the pulling to the right. He also ordered the parts to fix the power seat. I will get them installed sometime next week. I am happy right now as the dealer went out of his way to make me happy. I question how much emphasis Ford is really putting into quality and their efforts to take over the luxury crossover market. Like I said, it is a beautiful car, but should never have been able to leave the factory with these defects - especially on a new model MKX introduction. I hope my future with this vehicle is one that I will want to remember. I hope someone from Ford reads this and talks to the factory about their poor performance. I sent an email to Ford advising them of some negative feedback I got off another forum before this car was shipped and all they did was send me a standard response thanking me for all the positive feedback I gave them even thought there was nothing positive in my message to them other than I had ordered one of their new MKX's

I ordered the trailer towing package on this and was surprised that I got a 2 inch square hitch instead of the 1 1/4 inch I thought it was coming with. I don't know if there is a wiring harness with this package as I have not found any information yet on it and really haven't looked that hard. Just thought I would let everyone know about the hitch size I received.

Congrats on your new ride and I hope you get all your issues resolved. I think the Edge/MKX duo is selling very well and they're probably trying to pump them out as fast as they can. The sales manager told me they are holding off production of the MKT and the Flex to pump out more of the above. Quality and speed of manufacturing are usually mutually exclusive. You would think they would want great marks for JD Power and whatnot. Hopefully they keep diligent with their quality control.

Just noticed another defect today while cleaning the car. The chrome piece that runs across the base of the rear windows in the Driver'sw side rear door does not fit correctly. It appears arched instead of straight. The rubber seal at the base of stationary triangular window is about 1/8 of an inch from the window. I can't believe Ford would let this simple easy to see problem out of the plant. They must not have much in the way of quality control. Now we have to take it back to the dealer so (as he says) he can take pictures of it to send to Ford to see what can be done. Hell, I know what to do - fix it.

Just noticed another defect today while cleaning the car. The chrome piece that runs across the base of the rear windows in the Driver'sw side rear door does not fit correctly. It appears arched instead of straight. The rubber seal at the base of stationary triangular window is about 1/8 of an inch from the window. I can't believe Ford would let this simple easy to see problem out of the plant. They must not have much in the way of quality control. Now we have to take it back to the dealer so (as he says) he can take pictures of it to send to Ford to see what can be done. Hell, I know what to do - fix it.

As I said in the other thread, the quality control on my Edge appears to be phenominal. Occasionally some small issues do squeak by, and it appears your dealership is working with you to address the issue. The reason they want a photo of it to send to the plant is so they can check to see if there is a trend on such an issue at the plant so they can change the quality control on that aspect of assembly if it is indeed widespread.

Of course everyone wants their new vehicle to be perfect, but unfortunately, that rarely ever happens. Give your dealer an opportunity to make it right before completely going off the handle about it.