THX II CD Player in 2011 Lincoln MKX

rdgallo

We recently took delivery of our new 2011 Lincoln MKX. We have looked through all of the literature we received with it and cannot find any information on loading CD's, Playing them, etc. We don't know if it is a 6 disc changer or can only have one disc loaded at a time. Do any of you know where we can find some information on this function of the audio system? Surely there must be some instructions for it out there somewhere.

If any of you know a phone number for me to call Ford for info on it, please let me know what the number is.

Thanks!

First of all, Congrats!

I would venture to guess that it has the MyLincoln Touch. In that case, you most likely have a single CD since I believe the system uses storage space to download music to on the harddrive. Check the MyLincoln Touch booklet.

Good luck!

We recently took delivery of our new 2011 Lincoln MKX. We have looked through all of the literature we received with it and cannot find any information on loading CD's, Playing them, etc. We don't know if it is a 6 disc changer or can only have one disc loaded at a time. Do any of you know where we can find some information on this function of the audio system? Surely there must be some instructions for it out there somewhere.

If any of you know a phone number for me to call Ford for info on it, please let me know what the number is.

Thanks!

I have read the instructions in the owner's manual online while waiting for mine to be built. I took a CD with me on the test drive. It is only a one CD system. When you put it in, the options come up automatically for selecting different tracks, etc. I can provide a link to that manual if you need it. Let me know.

Thanks to both of you for the responses. Yes, it does have the My Lincoln Touch and I have now figured out that you can only play one cd at a time. I appologize for not knowing what all this vehicle has. This is my wife's car and I think we both need to sit down in it and just start reading the manuals from page one to the end and trying the different stuff as we read. I figured this would give me an option to copy the cd to the hardrive and then one could copy another and so forth, but I have not found any info on that yet. The manuals don't say much at all about the cd function. We really like the vehicle so far with the exception of the driver's side power seat not working. We have an appt. with the dealer this Thursday to have new parts installed to fix this. We hope this was just a fluke and not the sign more problems to come. Oh, we also had to have the two front wheels/tires swapped with another new MKX at the dealer as the vehicle pulled pretty hard to the right when we first got it. The dealer said that one of the tires was not tracking correctly. We will see on that on. It only had 4 miles on it at delivery. So, maybe it just needs to be driven a bit to loosen everything up a bit.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Not a problem! There's a lot these new vehicles have that takes time to figure out. Heck, I still haven't figured out everything on my MKZ yet.

Anyway, I hope you get your other problems taken care of and find the MKX to be enjoyable.

I would love to get something new, but the wife keeps complaining that I don't need another vehicle since I don't want another car note and we don't have the parking space. :hysterical:

Thanks to both of you for the responses. Yes, it does have the My Lincoln Touch and I have now figured out that you can only play one cd at a time. I appologize for not knowing what all this vehicle has. This is my wife's car and I think we both need to sit down in it and just start reading the manuals from page one to the end and trying the different stuff as we read. I figured this would give me an option to copy the cd to the hardrive and then one could copy another and so forth, but I have not found any info on that yet. The manuals don't say much at all about the cd function. We really like the vehicle so far with the exception of the driver's side power seat not working. We have an appt. with the dealer this Thursday to have new parts installed to fix this. We hope this was just a fluke and not the sign more problems to come. Oh, we also had to have the two front wheels/tires swapped with another new MKX at the dealer as the vehicle pulled pretty hard to the right when we first got it. The dealer said that one of the tires was not tracking correctly. We will see on that on. It only had 4 miles on it at delivery. So, maybe it just needs to be driven a bit to loosen everything up a bit.

Again, thanks for the replies.

I Googled '2011 mytouch users guide' and downloaded the manual as a PDF file. I don't own a MKX yet, but have driven one and spent alittle time

playing with the My Touch system. Contrary to what the dealer tells me....this is a complex system and it will take some time to learn it. Maybe

a 'piece of cake' once learned...but certainly not initially. Overall...the new MKX is a vast improvement over the previous version.