Silverado comes out punching!

J-150

Oh, the videos are "cute". But no substance. Just reminds me of some guys through out "yo momma so fat" jokes. Duracrap is getting owned when it comes to putting torque to the pavement. All they can do is make jokes.

Being a die Ford fan I have to say they are getting OWNED in the 3/4 and 1 ton market right now. pickuptrucks.com just did a reshoot of the recalibrated Ford and it still pulled the hills 12mph slower and 2 minutes slower. Ford makes more power on paper but can't seem to get it to show when working. Hopefully they'll get it figured out soon. On a side note, they are still killing GM in sales.

Being a die Ford fan I have to say they are getting OWNED in the 3/4 and 1 ton market right now. pickuptrucks.com just did a reshoot of the recalibrated Ford and it still pulled the hills 12mph slower and 2 minutes slower. Ford makes more power on paper but can't seem to get it to show when working. Hopefully they'll get it figured out soon. On a side note, they are still killing GM in sales.

They are. Which makes them the obvious target in GMs advertising.

Whether the Silverado is a good truck or not is irrelevant. They have some claims to make and are making them. They are taking a direct shot at the issues the past Powerstrokes have had.

According to those video clips on the Ford website - Superduty and Mike Rowe - the Ford is superior in every way - what gives? Are those fake tests?

According to the article (which I read) the Ford needed to get out of the gas to contain axle hop. Once that occurred, the engine was off boost. If you look at the margin of victory for the Durajoke, that would've easily been eclipsed had the boost remained where it should have. My recommendation is Ford needs to look at that chassis setup and resolve that issue. Like most posters added, its rare that you need to start at the foot of a 16% grade hill with 12,000lbs in tow. That would more generally be cruising up and down mountain highways which means the axle hop would not be an issue. You have to love the Durajoke chest thumpers hollering loudly about that margin of "victory".

I thought this ad campaign was a joke. A spoof like Subaru did a couple weeks back. I'm nervous that this is really what Chevy has hitched their boat to.

If this is real, it is pathetic. This should be out as long as the distancing from the name "Chevy".

Nah. This is the last hurrah for Campbell-Ewald. Chevy has a new agency.

I thought this ad campaign was a joke. A spoof like Subaru did a couple weeks back. I'm nervous that this is really what Chevy has hitched their boat to.

If this is real, it is pathetic. This should be out as long as the distancing from the name "Chevy".

Agreed, I thought it was stupid.

I was perplexed by the engine braking results, or the results in general. From reading about the exhaust braking system here and at FTE, it doesn't seem possible it could be that bad. It was brought up at FTE that the way they were described in the write up, they weren't using it correctly or at least not using it the same way the truck owners do. One tap of the brakes and it should slow the truck down10mph from where it was originally set or something ?, how could Ford have not tested this under a heavy load? I kind of agree with these guys that maybe they didn't know how it worked. Another thing I was wondering is why Ford didn't send a rep like Chevy did? Was this sponsored by Chevy? Did Chevy pick the testing place and procedure? Plus somebody mentioned the wheels/tires on an F450 are bigger than the Chevy 3500HD, thats a factor. Anyway, I don't think this changes many minds, in HD applications, it is common knowledge that the Allison can't take much more HP than stock without being rebuilt with more stout parts, and the front IRS falls apart long before Dodges and Fords solid front axle. GMs front ends are garbage, their interiors are dated and boring, and the doors on all 3 of our Chevys seemed to have developed a nasty habit of not lining up right so you really have to slam it to get the door shut all the way.