Rethinking the 2014 F350

Jet_91

Hello everyone, I've been an avid lurker of the forums for years now and have really enjoyed my time here, but now I figured it was about time to start contributing. I've been sketching my own concept cars and trucks ever since I can remember, so recently I decided to try my hand at Ford's next gen HD truck series, as that is a vehicle that is imo open to a world of design possibilities and a personal favorite of mine. Ever since the redesign in 2008, I've never been 100% satisfied with how it looked, so this is my take on the Super Duty. Just have the front end for now...

14f350.png

I don't claim to be any design expert and don't have a great idea on the functionality or proportions, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. You can probably tell a lot of the design elements are taken from the Super Chief concept and the Raptor. I love how the body-lines wrap around the front end on the Raptor, so I've included that along with a pair of old school style fully enclosed front headlights.

I also am working on a 2014 F-150, but I'm not quite happy with that one yet. haha

What do you think? Opinions both good and bad are welcomed!

Edited by Jet_91

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, back again with a rendered image my Superduty concept...

sd1j.png

Sorry for the quality, but MS Paint is all I really know. haha I tried to adapt the new Ford corporate sculpted side panel design similar to the Taurus/Explorer/Focus, that imo works very well when used on the Superduty. I tweaked the grill a bit from my original concept to incorporate some of the 2011 Explorer's features into it. Again, I think it transfers well to the Superduty.

At the back, I incorporated a set of "sunk in" Raptor like tail lights to match the front, and moved the "Super Duty" script to the top of the tailgate on a stainless steel strip that when you look gives the illusion that the side indention is connected through the tail lights, around the tailgate, and back onto the other side. :D

Excellent chop, especially for MS Paint - and don't worry about using MS Paint, until fairly recently, that's all I used to do chops and I've been able to come up with some pretty good ones too. A free, downloadable program some here have recommended that I've started to use along with MS Paint is called GIMP, and it really helps out with a lot of stuff, such as blending and things like that - I'm still learning of things I can do with it, though, so like I said I still use MS Paint for some things on the chop, while other things I use GIMP.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, back again with a rendered image my Superduty concept...

sd1j.png

Sorry for the quality, but MS Paint is all I really know. haha I tried to adapt the new Ford corporate sculpted side panel design similar to the Taurus/Explorer/Focus, that imo works very well when used on the Superduty. I tweaked the grill a bit from my original concept to incorporate some of the 2011 Explorer's features into it. Again, I think it transfers well to the Superduty.

At the back, I incorporated a set of "sunk in" Raptor like tail lights to match the front, and moved the "Super Duty" script to the top of the tailgate on a stainless steel strip that when you look gives the illusion that the side indention is connected through the tail lights, around the tailgate, and back onto the other side. :D

Great Job!!! I like it, it kind of reminds me a little of the 1980 style from the side. Keep up the good work, and you will have a bright future ahead of you.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback. :)

rmc, I'll definitely look into that program. I have two other paint programs I use along with MS Paint for things like shading and blending, but I will look into GIMP for sure. Thanks.

Nice job- My two cents. I think you have to stick with the "packaged" headlights that sort of wrap around the corners. Even though it's a truck, you still have to think about aerodynamics. to a degree. Your grill is much better than the current truck-those two horizontal bars are too much "in your face" to suit me. Look at the 650/750- still two bars but a nice blend IMO.

Hey there is a good project for you. Take the E-350 cab structure (doors/windows) and see if you can incorporate into a 650/750 tilting nose-with appropriate upgrades of course. The current 650/750 is hopefully headed foir a new look assuming Bluediamond goes away. There would be some synergisms if E componendts could be used. Advantage of the E cowl/doors is it would give a driver higher seating position and hence better visibility.

Back to your F-350 your version at least looks like a truck vs. the Super Chief Tonka-again an opinion

• 4 months later...

Hey everybody, I'm back again with a revised version of my custom Super Duty...

100_1097.png

This time, I relied heavily on the Super Cheif and SYNus concepts for design inspiration. I especially love how the lines of the hood on the Super Chief carry on and blend together with the bars in the grill, so I incorporated that in my new design. I also love the way the bars on the grill seem to carry on right into the headlights, so I also tried to get the same effect here as well. I decided to keep the enclosed front headlights even though I'm sure they would be an aerodynamic nightmares in real life. lol But I love the look they bring to a pick-up, so I took a page out of the Ford SYNus and tweaked them slightly from my original design to what you see now.

Overall I tried my best to keep the tough, "in-your-face" chiseled look of my first design yet try and keep the lines of the truck flowing a little better and make it a little more organized looking.

What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bump up this old thread, but I've come up with yet another revision to my Super Duty concept. lol

43.png

Ok, so a little information about this one. I tried to stay true to my previous two designs, but make it a little meaner looking with a few old school touches. I borrowed design traits from the classic 74 and 80 Ford trucks mainly in the grill, hood lines, and headlights. But I still wanted it modern looking enough so that people who may not be Ford history buffs wouldn't even know it was retro at all. Along with a new grill shape, I also "hollowed" the bars in the grill to reduce the amount of chrome on the front end (which I feel is a major problem of the current model)

Whatever Ford does with the next gen Super Duty, I just hope they ditch the [===] "clamp" grill design. T_T

Questions and comments are more than welcomes! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, back yet again with another updated concept to show! I think most people believe the new Atlas concept is a glimpse at things to come for the F-150, and while this is most likely the case I also saw a lot of what I think are some next gen Super Duty styling cues too. Particularly in the front end. So having said that, my latest concept combines some of my previous design elements, and of course incorporates the new Atlas concept as well. :)

Here are 4 renderings to give you a rough idea of how this truck would look through some of the different trim packages...

newbitm3apimage.png

Edited by Jet_91