MKX shipping on hold

richy

I checked with the dealer today after getting the same response from cyberdman that my status is unchanged after 2 weeks. My MKX was built on Nov 5 and has not shipped for over 2 weeks. It only has 3 hours to go by truck. The dealer checked and there is a "Hold From Shipping" status placed on my vehicle. I believe it is to address the Sync update. I can understand that they don't want to release the vehicle prior to getting it right. It hurts them on JD Power studies and some of the other surveys on which they try to excell. If anyone else is experiencing delivery delays, this may be why. Doesn't make waiting for it any easier though...

BTW, the other concern I had since some people have been getting delivery of Edges that were built after my MKX, is that it was hit and damaged in the lot. The dealer says Ford is obligated to disclose this if it is the case. Is that true or are they gonna try to hide it and deliver it "fixed"? I have a paint thickness gauge I will be employing on all the panels to test for paint repair when it comes in.

Edited by richy

I checked with the dealer today after getting the same response from cyberdman that my status is unchanged after 2 weeks. My MKX was built on Nov 5 and has not shipped for over 2 weeks. It only has 3 hours to go by truck. The dealer checked and there is a "Hold From Shipping" status placed on my vehicle. I believe it is to address the Sync update. I can understand that they don't want to release the vehicle prior to getting it right. It hurts them on JD Power studies and some of the other surveys on which they try to excell. If anyone else is experiencing delivery delays, this may be why. Doesn't make waiting for it any easier though...

BTW, the other concern I had since some people have been getting delivery of Edges that were built after my MKX, is that it was hit and damaged in the lot. The dealer says Ford is obligated to disclose this if it is the case. Is that true or are they gonna try to hide it and deliver it "fixed"? I have a paint thickness gauge I will be employing on all the panels to test for paint repair when it comes in.

Those paint gauges are the best to ckeck out the film thickness. Good Luck.

Do you know for sure there is an update to the Sync? I asked my dealer and he knew nothing about it. I am having trouble keeping my cell phone connected some times. One time it stays connected and the next time it does not. I have "unpaired" it and "repaired" it, rebooted the cell phone by taking the battery out, went to Verizon to make sure the phone had the latest software installed, and disabled the auto update of the phonebook in Sync and nothing fixes the problem. I was hoping this so called update would fix my problem, but the dealer says he knows of no update.

Do you know for sure there is an update to the Sync? I asked my dealer and he knew nothing about it. I am having trouble keeping my cell phone connected some times. One time it stays connected and the next time it does not. I have "unpaired" it and "repaired" it, rebooted the cell phone by taking the battery out, went to Verizon to make sure the phone had the latest software installed, and disabled the auto update of the phonebook in Sync and nothing fixes the problem. I was hoping this so called update would fix my problem, but the dealer says he knows of no update.

It's been sent to some dealers and is being installed on new vehicles but all dealers may not have it yet. A TSB was just issued. It requires a special female to female usb cable.

How can I get a copy of the TSB?

Looks like a service message, not a TSB. It was posted over on the Edge forum.

207500 - SYNC OPERATION

SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES

21546 2011 EDGE/MKX WITH VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITY CONCERN WITH THE MY TOUCH SYSTEM

SOME 2011 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE VARIOUS CONCERNS WITH THE MY TOUCH SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS: VOICE RECOGNITION,

PHONE PAIRING, TOUCH SCREEN OPERATIONS, SD CARD FAULT, ADDRESS BOOK DOWNLOADS, SCREEN REBOOT, NAVIGATION SET IN KILOMETERS/VOICE READS IN MILES,

REVERSE CAMERA SCROLLING DISPLAY AND PERFORMING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. ENGINEERING IS INVESTIGATING AND WORKING ON A RESOLUTION. PLEASE MONITOR OASIS

FOR UPDATES. IF DIAGNOSING DEFROST FUNCTION CONCERNS, FIRST VERIFY OPERATION FROM THE MAIN CONTROLS ON THE ELECTRONIC FACEPLATE (EFP). IF OPERATION IS

CONFIRMED, NO FURTHER REPAIRS SHOULD BE MADE. IF CONCERN PERSISTS FOLLOW NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS UNDER SECTION 412-00.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/20/2010

21543 2011 EDGE/MKX - UNSUBSCRIBED SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK

SOME 2011 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX EQUIPPED WITH NAVIGATION MAY REPORT UNSUBSCRIBED SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK FEATURES. THE SUBSCRIPTION INFO SCREEN REPORTS

ONLY AUDIO, TRAFFIC, AND WEATHER MAP SUBSCRIBED WITH ALL OTHER SERVICES UNSUBSCRIBED. THIS IS RELATED TO THE SYNC MODULE AND IS NOT A SIRIUS SUBSCRIPTION

ISSUE. SIRIUS CAN NOT HELP WITH THIS CONCERN AND PLEASE MAKE NO REPAIR ATTEMPTS AT THIS TIME. CONTINUE TO MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/18/2010

Looks like a service message, not a TSB. It was posted over on the Edge forum.

207500 - SYNC OPERATION

SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES

21546 2011 EDGE/MKX WITH VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITY CONCERN WITH THE MY TOUCH SYSTEM

SOME 2011 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE VARIOUS CONCERNS WITH THE MY TOUCH SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS: VOICE RECOGNITION,

PHONE PAIRING, TOUCH SCREEN OPERATIONS, SD CARD FAULT, ADDRESS BOOK DOWNLOADS, SCREEN REBOOT, NAVIGATION SET IN KILOMETERS/VOICE READS IN MILES,

REVERSE CAMERA SCROLLING DISPLAY AND PERFORMING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. ENGINEERING IS INVESTIGATING AND WORKING ON A RESOLUTION. PLEASE MONITOR OASIS

FOR UPDATES. IF DIAGNOSING DEFROST FUNCTION CONCERNS, FIRST VERIFY OPERATION FROM THE MAIN CONTROLS ON THE ELECTRONIC FACEPLATE (EFP). IF OPERATION IS

CONFIRMED, NO FURTHER REPAIRS SHOULD BE MADE. IF CONCERN PERSISTS FOLLOW NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS UNDER SECTION 412-00.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/20/2010

21543 2011 EDGE/MKX - UNSUBSCRIBED SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK

SOME 2011 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX EQUIPPED WITH NAVIGATION MAY REPORT UNSUBSCRIBED SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK FEATURES. THE SUBSCRIPTION INFO SCREEN REPORTS

ONLY AUDIO, TRAFFIC, AND WEATHER MAP SUBSCRIBED WITH ALL OTHER SERVICES UNSUBSCRIBED. THIS IS RELATED TO THE SYNC MODULE AND IS NOT A SIRIUS SUBSCRIPTION

ISSUE. SIRIUS CAN NOT HELP WITH THIS CONCERN AND PLEASE MAKE NO REPAIR ATTEMPTS AT THIS TIME. CONTINUE TO MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/18/2010

Thanks for the information. I have phone problems with my new MKX and the dealer has no information about an update coming. You say it is already out?