Tag Relief

BSLICK

From what I have seen there is only a law protecting under the age of 18. I could be wrong and a Union agreement would probably would override it anyway im guessing? Someone has forgotten what its like to be on the line it appears. I would not worry about selling water, a pair of depends might be the money maker these days lol

Edited by BSLICK

From what I have seen there is only a law protecting under the age of 18. I could be wrong and a Union agreement would probably would override it anyway im guessing? Someone has forgotten what its like to be on the line it appears. I would not worry about selling water, a pair of depends might be the money maker these days lol

Back to work and still bitching huh Chuckie?

Anyone else going 3 1/2 to 4 hours without a break, and your thought on this issue especially with more and more older workers stuck on the assembly line?

For tag relief 3 1/2 - 4 hours for last break is about right. If your 1st break you get that after 1 hour. Sounds like you guys are spoiled. The older workers probably have no problem with it.

For tag relief 3 1/2 - 4 hours for last break is about right. If your 1st break you get that after 1 hour. Sounds like you guys are spoiled. The older workers probably have no problem with it.

Thats all we had was tag relief the 28 years that I was on the line, and we hated it when we had to shutdown for relief, you all act like it is punishment to be relieved, we felt it was punishment to shut down for break, all in the perception of what you are used to. It requires more bodies to relieve than not, so more people are working, and seniority utility gets to be the reliefmen.

Thats all we had was tag relief the 28 years that I was on the line, and we hated it when we had to shutdown for relief, you all act like it is punishment to be relieved, we felt it was punishment to shut down for break, all in the perception of what you are used to. It requires more bodies to relieve than not, so more people are working, and seniority utility gets to be the reliefmen.

Couldn't agree more, the people that complain show their seniority. Tag relief use to be the only way it was done until the last few years. I was a relief man for about 18 of the 31 years I worked for Ford and people use to hate mass relief.

Couldn't agree more, the people that complain show their seniority. Tag relief use to be the only way it was done until the last few years. I was a relief man for about 18 of the 31 years I worked for Ford and people use to hate mass relief.

Im new to tag relief and I love it unless I have to go first..beyond that Its something different every night. Some people are just serial complainers

i thought it was a labor law that you couldnt be worked more then 3hrs w/o a break

The contract covers your restroom break problem and if your suckass team leader don't like giving pee breaks to bad

LMAO Rest Room Breaks Will Be Given In A Reasonable Amount of Time normaly a relief period (30min.) unless Its a emergency

No there is not a federal labor law saying you get a break or even a lunch period

google nlrb

Well said, or typed!

I agree, most workers liked tag relief. Some people just want to complain, about anything. Line jobs are without a doubt a rough way to make a living. I was a tag relief operator for years. I not only enjoyed it but had a awsome group of fellow employees, they were usually bored so one day I asked if theyd like to run the relief route, they all wanted to so we would rotate. Only problem we had were the complainers on the other lines but we still did it any way. Helped make the day go by faster for everyone.

I agree, most workers liked tag relief. Some people just want to complain, about anything. Line jobs are without a doubt a rough way to make a living. I was a tag relief operator for years. I not only enjoyed it but had a awsome group of fellow employees, they were usually bored so one day I asked if theyd like to run the relief route, they all wanted to so we would rotate. Only problem we had were the complainers on the other lines but we still did it any way. Helped make the day go by faster for everyone.

These youngins never had it so good, they just never experienced the tough times like we did in the 70s and 80s. The times we are in right now are cyclical and will pass. Be patient, stay cool.

I had a relief job while working at NAP, I went to the bathroom between tags. I never asked my team leader to give me a break because I had plenty of time!

Lol to some relievers the first hour of free time/stock time and the half hour after lunch is still not enough free time. My hats off to the tag people that realize how good they have it and even do a little extra for those that are actually tied to the lines all day long.

Lol to some relievers the first hour of free time/stock time and the half hour after lunch is still not enough free time. My hats off to the tag people that realize how good they have it and even do a little extra for those that are actually tied to the lines all day long.

agreed, unless your short handed and stuck on a job

Retired now but I was a relief man for many years,and with tag relief,the relief man and his people have got to respect one another

I seen many relief people and line people screw themselves because of the lack of respect.

A couple things I would do

After stocking up I would let the last man take a pee call

When I finished my route I would give the first man a pee call

If someone needed to leave early(legitimate reason) I would switch breaks with them

I would always leave their jobs worked back as far as possible

All I ask in return was to be back on time,not leave their job in the hole when I arrived and if I needed a favor to accommodate me

And there was a healthy respect on my route because of that

Retired now but I was a relief man for many years,and with tag relief,the relief man and his people have got to respect one another

I seen many relief people and line people screw themselves because of the lack of respect.

If someone needed to leave early(legitimate reason) I would switch breaks with them

All I ask in return was to be back on time,not leave their job in the hole when I arrived and if I needed a favor to accommodate me

As there should be, that is how it should be ran oldasdirt.

no,yes,no,yes,yes