Honda Element Production To End

OHV 16V

Finally!

AutoWeek

Now don't take this the wrong way. I just want to know why you would say, finally? Does this model intrude on anything? Does it bother you? They didn't keep it vital and the engine was always been underpowered. The CRV is an ugly critter that needs a re-do. The Element is nothing. Whether it existed or not, it doesn't matter that it's going. Does it?

I say finally too, and we have a right to dislike it! Geez, was an ugly mo-fo that represented Honda losing their mojo. They are now like Oldsmobile or Buick in the car market, for old timers who want 'comfort' and 'nothing too exciting'.

For years, fanboys and Car & Driver ditto heads raved about Honda being 'perfect', and they went along with the Element, even though it was hideous and very anti-car enthusiast. Just an appliance vehicle. The CR-V at least has car-like styling but the Element, Ridgeline, and Accord Crosstour are awful.

Edited by 630land
  • Like 2

FINALLY! Yes, you can disagree and all that. I just asked for an explanation. It hasn't been given. I really don't think this vehicle was an offensive one and that's all I'm getting at. It did not infringe on Ford sales, did it? And I too have the right to question someone's opnion. :)

• Like 1

Lets hope the Scion XB, Nissan Cube & Juke follow very soon!

While I agree, I actually think the Element was MUCH better looking than either of these design abortions, especially the Cube.

I know some guys who have to drive Cubes as company cars. We joke about how they have to drive clown cars. They hate them.

While I agree, I actually think the Element was MUCH better looking than either of these design abortions, especially the Cube.

I know some guys who have to drive Cubes as company cars. We joke about how they have to drive clown cars. They hate them.

I figured there had to be an explanation for driving those things (Cubes) ! They are forced to! LOL

Now don't take this the wrong way. I just want to know why you would say, finally? Does this model intrude on anything? Does it bother you? They didn't keep it vital and the engine was always been underpowered. The CRV is an ugly critter that needs a re-do. The Element is nothing. Whether it existed or not, it doesn't matter that it's going. Does it?

Sorry, just now re-checked this thread! My opinion for the most part is based on what 630land said. As I've stated on here before, I'm an automotive enthusiast first and foremost, a Ford fan right afterwards. I love autos in general, and wish ALL car companies were cranking out the best vehicles for the public to enjoy. No matter who builds it, if it's a dud, or I think it tarnishes what a brand means to me personally (key phrase there), then yes, I'm kind of glad when any auto maker "cleans house," if you will....

Case in point, I'm sure there are folks that loved this thing, and let's face it, if it were truly that awful, they'd have done something with or to it sooner. But it obviously wasn't working, as it was left to rot on the vine. The elimination of the Element may also free-up room for money to be invested someplace else within Honda that desperately needs it right now. (Which, lately, Honda has accumulated a few of said areas.) Good riddance, Aztek wannabe!

Hope this was what you were looking for 156n3rd.

True, the Element looks better than any of those, but still not appealing.

But of all these little box vehicles, the best one for my eyes is the Kia Soul. I know it had a recent recall, And I know very little about it, but at least it looked like there was some type of an attempt to the styling, while these other four are just horrible executions.

Edited by V8-X

True, the Element looks better than any of those, but still not appealing.

But of all these little box vehicles, the best one for my eyes is the Kia Soul. I know it had a recent recall, And I know very little about it, but at least it looked like there was some type of an attempt to the styling, while these other four are just horrible executions.

Finally!

AutoWeek

So is the Scion XB or Nissan Cube the next to go? These are basically the same boxy, terribly boxy, vehicles in different brands. who buys these? go for a small SUV like an escape. It may give you slightly more cargo room the boxier you go (see the Ford Flex), but it's not worth it in the smaller segments, you won't haul enough cargo to get me to want to drive them!

So is the Scion XB or Nissan Cube the next to go? These are basically the same boxy, terribly boxy, vehicles in different brands. who buys these? go for a small SUV like an escape. It may give you slightly more cargo room the boxier you go (see the Ford Flex), but it's not worth it in the smaller segments, you won't haul enough cargo to get me to want to drive them!

At least in the case of the xB, I'm seeing more and more of them being bought by fleets. Merry Maids has a whole lot of xB's (and Corollas) running around here.

At least in the case of the xB, I'm seeing more and more of them being bought by fleets. Merry Maids has a whole lot of xB's (and Corollas) running around here.

I guess I'll keep that in mind if I become a Merry Maid :)

If you need a wide open cargo area and aren't concerned of the looks of your vehicle, several of those options are fine. For me, not my style.