2012 Focus Complete Info

svtenthusiast

Take a look at this website if you want detailed info on the 2012 focus. Includes fact sheets, spec sheets, press releases, and technical info.

Summary:

Four door automatic 2,956 lbs, five door automatic 2927 lbs.

12.4 gallon gas tank, which at 40mpg is ~ 400 mile range.

4.6 quart oil capacity

32.5mm front stabilizer bar, 19.0mm rear stabilizer bar.

Road sound at 50 kph lower than civic, corolla, and accord.

Optimized wheel deflectors, engine undershield, sealed front end, active grille shutters, etc contribute to .297 Cd which is 7 percent slipperier than current model.

3-Wet paint process

Sony 10 speaker audio system with subwoofer, 355 watts continuous with 9 channel amplifier.

Most of the interior dimensions are within inches of the current Fusion, that's good packaging! More front and rear headroom than Toyota Camry, more front shoulder and legroom than Audi A4.

http://media.ford.com/mini_sites/10031/LA10/

Enjoy!

And 3 inches less rear legroom compared to the 2011 Focus. 33.2" vs. 36.1"

I am not sure where you got the rear leg room number for the 2012 focus, which is 43.7. This number is directly from the technical spec sheet in the media website, which I have pasted below. Your number is correct for the 2011 at 36.1. 7.6 inches greater rear legroom in the new model.

2011 FORD FOCUS

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

INTERIOR

Seating capacity 5

Front headroom 39.2

Front legroom 41.7

Front shoulder

room 53.5

Front hip room 50.4

Rear headroom 38.3

Rear legroom 36.1

Rear shoulder room 53.5

Rear hip room 48.3

2012 FORD FOCUS

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

INTERIOR Sedan Hatchback

Seating capacity Five Five

Front headroom 38.3 38.3

Front hip room 53.9 53.9

Front legroom 43.7 43.7

Front shoulder

room 55.6 55.6

Rear headroom 38.0 37.9

Rear legroom 43.7 43.7

Rear shoulder room 53.7 53.7

Rear hip room 52.7 52.7

The media website must be incorrect. 43.7 inches is significantly larger than the rear legroom in the Fusion, Taurus, Edge, and Explorer. I highly doubt the Focus has more rear legroom than all of those vehicles.

The 2012 Focus home page lists the rear legroom at 33.2"

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2012/specifications/view-all/

Also, the total interior volume of the 2012 is 90.7 cu ft. 93.4 cu ft for the 2011. Considering that the 2012 is 4 inches wider than the 2011 (though about an inch shorter), I believe the 33.2" legroom number is correct and explains why the 2012 has less interior space even though it is wider.

• 1 month later...

Actually 43.7 and 33.2 are both correct. Keep in mind that the front seats move. Therefore 43.7 is with the front seat all the way forward and 33.2 is with the seat all the way back. I'd wager that most of us are somewhere in between, which would put it about the 37 or 38 inch range in most cases although Ford claims an average of 41.9.

Leg room - front/rear (in.) 41.9 (Max 43.7)/33.2 41.9 (Max 43.7)/33.2

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2012/specifications/interior/

PS, I suppose you could always do what our parents did and tell your kids not to kick your seat. Worked for us.

Edited by BlackHorse

It's a compact, don't expect big car room. Honda Accord used to be a nice compact, now a big boring old fogie car.

Agreed, it's a compact. If getting kicked in the seat is that deep an issue you should probably consider a larger car. As for the Honda, let's not forget how ugly they've become. Honda used to make some nice looking cars. This current generation Accord with the bug eyed head lamps and the "seen it a million times" body design leaves nothing to be desired.