GMC Sierra All-Terrain HD

Reigner92

I'm thinking, in that concept form, it is better competition for the RAM Power Wagon than it is for the Raptor. I just don't see something that much bigger and heavier than the Raptor being able to compete with it offroad. Not to mention the price tag that thing would command is probably $10-$15k more than the Raptor with it being an HD and having the diesel.

Now, make it in a half ton and we may have some Raptor competition. I'm sure Ford is please with Fox working with GM to share knowlodge they gained working with Ford. :stirpot:

Saw this in Mike Levine's article at http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/12/first-look-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept.html

Nice to see GM finally trying to make a splash into the off-road seen, but too little too late. That thing is HIDEOUS, if you ask me, and it's funny the people that state it reminds them of the SD. Since I see no resemblance what so ever. Plus the interior is the same old stuff we've seen with GM for years.

Saw this in Mike Levine's article at http://news.pickuptr...hd-concept.html

Nice to see GM finally trying to make a splash into the off-road seen, but too little too late. That thing is HIDEOUS, if you ask me, and it's funny the people that state it reminds them of the SD. Since I see no resemblance what so ever. Plus the interior is the same old stuff we've seen with GM for years.

I can see where they see the resemblance to an '05-07 Super Duty in the front end only, but it's still a stretch. The front to me looks like it's missing a jaw being up so high without supports/pieces on the lower corners.

• Like 1

I also see some SD look in the square front corner/headlight area. It doesn't nearly look as good though. The current Chevy/GMC truck styling has never grown on me. It don't really get it I guess.

To me, this is really just a factory "Bro" truck. I doesn't have the sophisticated shock tuning of the Raptor and they make no mention of the suspension travel on this truck. The weight of the diesel over the front end can be good for high speed rough terrain. It definitely is more in line with the Power Wagon school of slow speed off roading if anything, but it doesn't have the rock crawling cred with the IFS and no winch. This really smacks of style over substance, hence the "bro truck" reference.

Edited by jpvbs
  • Like 1