mettech

"Autoblog took note of a report on Allpar.com that Chrysler has

registered the name Cuda as a trademark. That's Cuda as in Barracuda. It caught

our eye because it was only a couple of months ago that Chrysler design chief

Ralph Gilles taunted the Mopar-crazed crowd at the SEMA show in Las Vegas with

the prospect of a new Barracuda. To further whip up the frenzy, they had placed

a vintage one on the display floor."

USA Today

Loved the old Cuda's, my father had a 1972.

But I have no doubt Chrysler with F this up like they did with the Charger (4-doors) and the Challenger (overweight). And that Autoblog Sox and Martin Collector Series Hemi Cuda does nothing for me in the style dept.

Loved the old Cuda's, my father had a 1972.

But I have no doubt Chrysler with F this up like they did with the Charger (4-doors) and the Challenger (overweight). And that Autoblog Sox and Martin Collector Series Hemi Cuda does nothing for me in the style dept.

I'll give you the Challenger's extra heft being a drawback, but the Charger's four doors do not matter to 98% of the buying public. The only major drawback to the pre-2011 Charger was the crappy interior, and that has been resolved in the most recent refresh.

• Like 1

I said before i think this "Cuda" is a decontented next gen Viper with some retro cues and a Hemi v-8 only while the real Viper w/ V-10 shows up. I wouldn't put it past them since Dickler is gone and they brought out stuff like the PT, Prowler, hell even the Viper. If it's a rebaged Challenger it still will have the tonnage as all the LX's thou it probaly still be fast and good looking.

but the Charger's four doors do not matter to 98% of the buying public. The only major drawback to the pre-2011 Charger was the crappy interior, and that has been resolved in the most recent refresh.

Yeah, and how many Chargers are selling now? The fad seemed to wear off quick. Doesn't sound like much of the 98% of the buying public are interested in the Charger anymore. Crappy interior quality, crappy fit/finish, crappy mpgs, crappy ergonomics, horrible reliability, etc. My father-in-law is a Mopar guy, and looked at the Charger prior to purchasing him Magnum. He was not impressed with either and has since traded the Magnum for a 2010 Taurus. He admits the Taurus is better in every way, from reliability, quality, ergonomics, etc. And it's only slightly slower 0-60 with it's N/A 3.5L than his 5.7L Magnum R/T. Only thing he disliked about the Taurus is the floorboard where he rests his left foot and there is no sunglass compartment.

Thats a common problem with all D3/4 platform cars..the footwells are on the small side

No, not the narrow footwells. Actually it's the floorboard itself not being flat. Both he and I like to rest our left foot (leg bent) right in front of the seat. But there is a hump in the floor that starts right in front the seat, which makes for an uncomfortable feel if our foot/leg is on the hump.In the image below, you'll notice the end of the floor-mat closest to seat, there is a little bump/hump. That is what we dislike and it's on both the driver and passenger side. Otherwise, we both love the car, especially the cinnamon color and I may purchase it from him in 2yrs if the reliability and mileage is right.

wt-w167-taurus-10.jpg

Edited by V8-X

AMC trademarks have been dead for 5 years, and GM has allowed some of its Oldsmobile trademarks to lapse as well--including the rocket badge.

In addition, the trademark AMC, complete with “A-mark” and exactly as used in the 1970s and 1980s, was published for opposition at the end of November. It had been submitted in 2005, and is owned by the “current Chrysler,” not the bankrupt entity.

LINK - Allpar

Two negative ratings for my post. Interesting

Must be Mastang queens who watched me go past them.

Remember ladies; it's not how fast the specs say your car will go. It's how fast you are willing to push it.

Most Mustang owners are like the bully in school. They want you to think they are tough. They act like they are tough. But when challenged, they fade away without a peep.

Most Mustang owners are like the bully in school. They want you to think they are tough. They act like they are tough. But when challenged, they fade away without a peep.

Bully, eh?

Like coming onto a Ford site with a very low post count and bragging how your Avis-special Charger beats "ladies" in Mustangs at stoplights?

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Tyler, get over yourself. What's your "other" name, "dragonslayer"? :hysterical:

Seriously, sub 13.5 is good but you sound like a honda driver that has stickers and a fart can. "did you see that man? I BLEW him away from the stop light! Told you my crx could beat a viper!" (course the viper driver never knew he was "racing"). :hysterical:

I think the lame comment was in reference to all the other inadiquacies of the car.

I agree the charger should of been called polara or fury or something, but not a 4 door charger.

And Jelly, I don't care how cool you think that 4 door pursuit falcon is, 4 doors suck! (and so does australian 4 door "supercars")

The marauder was a cool car like a blues mobile is cool. Heck if the charger was named "sport fury", THAT would be cool. But to take a 2 door and make it a 4 door years later? NOT cool.

Imagine if they called the marauder the couger? YUCH!

• Like 1

Two negative ratings for my post. Interesting

Must be Mastang queens who watched me go past them.

Remember ladies; it's not how fast the specs say your car will go. It's how fast you are willing to push it.

So you like to race your car on city streets.

That just makes you a fucktard. The day you hit a child while racing, I hope they put you away for 20 years.

• Like 1