'11 Ford Falcon GT

Recent dyno tests are confirming that the S/C Coyote has around 460-470 hp at the rear wheels,

seems like Ford Australia is grossly understating the power levels to keep GT under the radar.....

I thought so too, especially since the engine has been massaged to 440 hp in naturally aspirated form. 450 from the same engine but blown seems really underwhelming.

Arf..the 1990's called and they want their styling back...LOL

Actually the car is ok looking (far better then that VW midsize car that looks like a bar of soap) but the stripes are horrid looking esp on that blue.

There is the more conservative GTE for people who are not into spoilers and stripes...

112_0806_16z+ford_FPV_GTE+front_three_quarters_view.jpg

Edited by jpd80

I thought so too, especially since the engine has been massaged to 440 hp in naturally aspirated form. 450 from the same engine but blown seems really underwhelming.

Aussie conservatism...and it is AT the rear wheels after parasitic losses etc....betcha it drives like a screaming banshee..........

Aussie conservatism...and it is AT the rear wheels after parasitic losses etc....betcha it drives like a screaming banshee..........

One of the cars with just a tune and standard boost ran 11.7 at the strip, it was making over 470 hp at the rear wheels.

Shame there wasn't a batch of Left hand drive versions coming your way, this car is so much more than G8

More quality, luxury and oomph.....it even has the right friggin' badge on the front and tail...

Edited by jpd80

I would be a nice start for a Lincoln MKR, the numbers are great for a big sedan, still, a normally aspirated 5.0 GT is about the same. At some point these cars will need all-wheel-drive to harness the necessary traction.

A normally aspirated 5.0 GT doesn't make the torque or horsepower at the rear wheels like the blown Coyote does.

A normally aspirated 5.0 GT doesn't make the torque or horsepower at the rear wheels like the blown Coyote does.

Yes, that's why I said a LARGE SEDAN. Put it in a Mustang Cobra and it's still traction limited...just like current Cobra. And the NA 5.0 isn't much slower than either. Weight and traction is my point.

Yes, that's why I said a LARGE SEDAN. Put it in a Mustang Cobra and it's still traction limited...just like current Cobra. And the NA 5.0 isn't much slower than either. Weight and traction is my point.

Because Falcon has the AWD Territory (Tera-tree) sibling, Falcon's platform is capable of AWD and LHD,

the engineering has been preserved to allow development of both features if the need arises.....

Really like it! Only item I could do without is that rear spoiler, just a little too much for me.

I love the interior too. Looks a lot better than most cars coming out today that look way over done.

The GTE may be more suited to your tastes

fpv-gte12.jpg

Edited by jpd80

?????:finger:

I'm gonna have Borg's back on this one. With the "warpaint" the front end looks fine, though not all that modern, and without it looks very boring. The rest runs from handsome if understated (on the sides) to downright dated (rear and and roofline). Much like with the Taurus in NA, FoA is limited to how much they can do to the existing Falcon platform, and they should be commended for how much they have done.

Agreed with Moostang and Borg. I love the mechanicals underneath, but I have never been able to get into Aussie styling...it's just too bland and dated. They never push any boundaries like North America and Europe.

I don't know, I would say the fact that they get vehicles like the Falcon ute and T6 Ranger while we get F series trucks makes me wonder who is pushing boundaries...

jpd80, will the Falcon ute be offered with any hipo versions of the "Miami" V8? I guess that is sort of redundant since any version of the 5.0 should probably be considered high performance.