HID headlights

BS Racing

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see HID headlights at least as an option on every vehicle. The older a person gets the more light they need to see at night.

I agree with you. I am surprised that all vehicles aren't going to these. I priced an LED for my Harley the other day and it was $580 so maybe that is why. Too expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

It should be an option, but perhaps they prefer give the business to the aftermarket industry. I think if Ford used the Euro LED headlights in the North American Focus that they would see a greater market share in the compact category, and have an even greater chance of overtaking the sales leading Honda Civic. They should sell the Euro headlights as an optional accessory!

The lights on my 2010 Fusion Sport are really disappointing. I have an SVT Focus with HIDs and traded a V6 Honda Accord coupe for the Fusion. Getting into the Fusion, the difference is very striking. If not HIDs, Ford should do something to improve the lighting, particularly the low beams. After all, this car stickers at nearly $30K.

The lights on my 2010 Fusion Sport are really disappointing. I have an SVT Focus with HIDs and traded a V6 Honda Accord coupe for the Fusion. Getting into the Fusion, the difference is very striking. If not HIDs, Ford should do something to improve the lighting, particularly the low beams. After all, this car stickers at nearly $30K.

I don't believe the lights on the Fusion are the HIR2 halogens yet like they are on the Edge and Explorer. Quite a difference.

• Like 1

It should be an option, but perhaps they prefer give the business to the aftermarket industry. I think if Ford used the Euro LED headlights in the North American Focus that they would see a greater market share in the compact category, and have an even greater chance of overtaking the sales leading Honda Civic. They should sell the Euro headlights as an optional accessory!

imho

- SOME Mfg has to get on top of In House aftermarket upgrades

- starting with a universal wiring harness

- & snap-&-lock installation

if a buyer doesn't want to or can't afford to "pad" their vehicle's initial cost,

a year or 2 or 3 later, they could "make it new" again

Will Ford be first?

I don't even care anymore as long as someone makes a success of it

Ford will follow

Uhh ok.

I noticed a huge difference, so that's why I asked.

With older halogen designs I would agree with you, but the HIR2's in the Edge perform very well. They have a clean cut line and tight aim much like HID's. They are certainly far better than the halogens on my Mazda6 and Mustang.

• 4 weeks later...

If cost is a big issue for there not being an HID option, then how about they just use projector lamps. They are not as expensive as factory HIDs but are relatively cheap and easy for the person to upgrade. This would also stop people from putting HIDs in normal head lights and blinding everybody because the dispersion and not a narrow beam.

I personally would pay for the HID option as it makes a huge difference. I drive country roads and it helps alot to see wildlife and road issues.

If cost is a big issue for there not being an HID option, then how about they just use projector lamps. They are not as expensive as factory HIDs but are relatively cheap and easy for the person to upgrade. This would also stop people from putting HIDs in normal head lights and blinding everybody because the dispersion and not a narrow beam.

I personally would pay for the HID option as it makes a huge difference. I drive country roads and it helps alot to see wildlife and road issues.

The non-HID Edges already use projector beam HIR2 lights.

I would definitely have ordered my new Fusion with HID if they were available. The headlights on my Focus are OK, but my wife has a 2010 Malibu and the headlights on it are substantially better than the Focus. (Only halogen).

I am hoping I am happy with the factory lights. No upgrades for me after reading up on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the 2011 F150 platinum I picked up it will cost 800 - 1000 to get a conversion for HID lights that look professional and will not blind every one.

Would I have paid the difference when I bought the truck from Ford, YES throw the added cost into financing and it is cheap.

:finger: Come on this is a no brainer FORD.

Edited by BS Racing

+1 for HID's as an option. My current Fiesta lights are great and they are better then my Father's Fusion but I chalked it up to age of the lamps.

The HID headlamps on my 2011 Explorer are my first experience driving with this type of headlamp. When compared to my 05 Crown Vic, or my wifes' 02 Explorer, there is no comparison. Any future vehicle I purchase will have factory installed HID headlamps. The low beams are the best I have ever seen, and turning on the high beams is like flipping on landing lights!

Being that the assemblies are already available for the Edge and Explorer it would make sense to offer them as free standing options so you don't have to opt for the most expensive package on each vehicle to get them - Or if they still want them in a package put them in the Vision Package - as they increase your vision. and would compliment BLIS & Rain Sensing wipers that are usually in the package.

I had them on my last car and miss them on my current truck.