Picked up a new Escape Limited today!

I don't know if everyone around here feels the need to report when they get a new vehicle, but I thought I would. I had a couple of months left on the Fusion lease, but I got the dealer to pay off the last remaining lease payments. My Fusion was AWD, but since moving to the Black Hills I found myself getting high centered on ridges left by the plows. I also still own a small 6x10 utility trailer and I wanted something that would tow it since I have a snowmobile and since I bought a house I need to haul things now and then.

Anyhow I went with a Suede White Limited AWD V6. It is well equipped. I think Park Assist and Touch Screen Nav. are about the only things I am missing. I will try to snap a few pictures and post them. I know the Escape rides on an aging platform and has a firm "truck like" ride, but I kind of like that it looks and feels like a little truck. The V6 has a lot of snap and i am happy with the performance.I will say Ford has really loaded up the little SUV with all kinds of "gee whiz" tech goodies and they make it feel and look modern. I would have loved a new Edge or Explorer, but they are just not affordable for me.

Anyhow I will try to post some pics soon. I see why the Escape still sells so well. It's still a nice little SUV and I am happy I picked it for my next lease.

[it must be since it out sells everything in its class but the 50 year old plus ladies car, otherwise known as the CRV.

Have a good day raining on someone else's parade 9

Iquote name=Nr9' timestamp='1295506938' post='671161]

is the escape competitive against ANY of its competition?

Worthless post number 10,001 and counting...

i thought you had some mandatory R&R coming, why are you still posting? A-hole.

Edit: I see he posted this before RJ gave him the good news.

Edited by MY93SHO

Good luck with it, my sister has an Escape Limited and my GF has an Escape XLT...both the same color :P

Anyways I really like the Escape...I wasn't impressed by it till I started driving the GF's all the time...has pretty get up and go, is great in the snow and is pretty confortible to drive. She has over 30K on it already...does alot of driving for her current job!! Gets about 20-21 MPG, which isn't bad at all for a AWD truck and about the same as I get with my Mustang.

Afters spending time in Escapes and Mariners, you begin to appreciate how quick and nimble those lightweight utes can be. My '07 MKX felt like it weighed a million pounds and wasn't as tossable as the Escape/Mariner. Still, the Escape/Mariner have a very truck-like suspension so you loose your composure more easily on rough pavement (lots of that around Michigan).

And the age of a chasis means nothing, that chasis has been tweaked and modified many times since it was itnroduced, it's a modern chasis with some great engines bolted to it.

Good luck with your new Escape.

Its a great little SUV, we love our 2009 Limited.

They are great in snow, good on gas, comfortable around town, easy to park and not at all bad on long trips. Most of the people knocking them have never driven one. Since the 08 update, the new 6 speed and updated engines in 09 they are very class competitive. The sales continue to show that fact.

• Like 1

Here we go again, same crap, different topic.

You're just a Ford hating troll, go away.

It doesn't matter to 2005Explorer if it's competitive, it's the vehicle he wanted and is happy with it.

If you want to start an argument, good luck. If you want to discuss whether the Escape or any Ford product is competitive, start a new topic and state facts not opinion.

Edited by transitman

Congratulations, always enjoy hearing about new car purchases....still waiting on Richrd to break the news that he finally traded in that Sable for a....what would you buy Richard?

Another Ford product.

Frankly, I'm loving the fact that this thing has been rock solid reliable ($400 for a broken spring and $60 for a bad starter being the only extraordinary items over 6 years). The Contour & Tempo previous were........ not.

I could care less what you think so you just wasted a few seconds of your life typing that garbage.

I really am liking my new Escape. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have a 2005 Mariner Premier V6 4x4 which has been rock solid reliable, but the upgrades since then make it so much nicer. It is almost like a completely different vehicle.

I will try to snap a few pictures and post them soon.

Where'd you get it? Thunder Basin, Integrity, McKie, or somewhere else? I know people at Thunder Basin Ford.

I got it at McKie in Rapid City. A friend of the family is a salesperson there.

Edited by 2005Explorer

BTW, how is the quality of the paint finish? I've been impressed with other Ford products in the White Suede color. One of the nicest solid white paints I've seen. :shades:

The White Suede finish is beautiful. I think it looks better then a pure white. Paint quality has gotten so much better over the years.

Congratulations!! I've tested a few others like the RAV and CRV and the Escape just seems as a better product overall with more features and better touches all around. Actually the RAV was dissapointingly louder and I saw some rough cut edges on some of the trim. I wasn't impressed by it's fan fare.