2011 STX Vinyl Floors

jslinkosky

Does anyone know how durable the vinyl floors are in the new 150's? I think they are standard in the XL and STX trim packages. I really like the idea of the easy clean-up, etc. However, I'm concerned a little about the durability. For example, how long will it take for the heel of your gas pedal foot to burn through the floor? What about water runoff from boots? I think raised edges in the flooring area would be a design improvement here. Does ford recommend mats over the vinyl? I can't imagine mats staying in place over slick vinyl.

Just curious to hear some other opinions...

Does anyone know how durable the vinyl floors are in the new 150's? I think they are standard in the XL and STX trim packages. I really like the idea of the easy clean-up, etc. However, I'm concerned a little about the durability. For example, how long will it take for the heel of your gas pedal foot to burn through the floor? What about water runoff from boots? I think raised edges in the flooring area would be a design improvement here. Does ford recommend mats over the vinyl? I can't imagine mats staying in place over slick vinyl.

What you want is Husky Liners for any type of heavy work or play that includes water, mud, or heavy amounts of dirt. After 100,000 miles they will not wear through, and water or mud will not run off the edges.

http://www.huskyliners.com/

http://www.huskyliners.com/Heavy-Duty-Floor-Mats

http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom-Molded-Floor-Liners

I like the “liner” type just above because they will hold a lot of water and will not let the carpet get wet.

I have vinyl floors in a sport trac and absolutely love them. I have carpeted mats that clip in place and they make all the difference. They trap dirt, slop, water, and I just pull them out to hose off occasionally. The vinyl floor is in perfect shape and the mats are barely worn after 80k miles. I plan to buy an f150 within a year, and that is one of the top options I am looking for. I would like a Lariat but they don't offer the vinyl floors so I might have to buy the XLT to get them. I use my truck for hard sloppy work, but also as a business "car" and the vinyl floor with carpeted mats have been the best combination of any vehicle I have owned. If they offer carpeted mats as an option, buy them. They last much longer than any aftermarket mats.

I have vinyl floors in a sport trac and absolutely love them. I have carpeted mats that clip in place and they make all the difference. They trap dirt, slop, water, and I just pull them out to hose off occasionally. The vinyl floor is in perfect shape and the mats are barely worn after 80k miles. I plan to buy an f150 within a year, and that is one of the top options I am looking for. I would like a Lariat but they don't offer the vinyl floors so I might have to buy the XLT to get them. I use my truck for hard sloppy work, but also as a business "car" and the vinyl floor with carpeted mats have been the best combination of any vehicle I have owned. If they offer carpeted mats as an option, buy them. They last much longer than any aftermarket mats.

Just so you know - you can't get leather seats on the XLT.

I know. I'm going to have to give up something from my wish list when i buy one. I'm still holding out hope that option selections will change in my favor by then. ;)

You can still get the bucket seats and have them recovered. That's fairly common and looks just as good as OEM, sometimes better.

I'm planning to go with the FX2 for that plus other reasons. I was surprised that you couldn't get leather on the XLT.

You can still get the bucket seats and have them recovered. That's fairly common and looks just as good as OEM, sometimes better.

I'm planning to go with the FX2 for that plus other reasons. I was surprised that you couldn't get leather on the XLT.

Roadwire and katskins are two companies that may be cheaper than a custom re-skin.

I appreciate the replies. I agree the vinyl floors are the way to go with the ease of cleanup, etc. Also, it's probably best to reinforce the floors with an aftermarket liner of some sort as some of you guys mention. I'm not sure about the husky liners on vinyl though. I had those in my 05 FX4 which had carpet and they were great. However, they are a pretty thin and rigid liner and I'm not sure how they will "grab" on to vinyl. Have any of you used the new "Rugged Liners" on your vinyl floors? They are supposed to be more of an industrial rubber product. That might grip better...

• 2 weeks later...

I got the carpet delete ordered on my 2011 and will add the high sided mats just to keep the yuk in one place. No more carpet cleaning!!!!!

• 9 years later...

Vinyl flooring is a synthetic flooring material that is durable, affordable and easy to install. Vinyl is commonly confused with other types of flooring such as linoleum and laminate flooring. Luxury vinyl flooring and planks are increasingly popular due to their versatility, ability to hold up in moist environments and realistic wood plank and stone tile appearance.