LAP Work Schedule

tincup2b

Now that production has went down and LAP is re-tooling, what are your work hours? We at KCAP have heard rumors of 7-10's, 7-12's, along with numerous other rumors. Also has your plant been flooded with contractors during this re-tooling? If so what hours are they working and how many shifts? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Now that production has went down and LAP is re-tooling, what are your work hours? We at KCAP have heard rumors of 7-10's, 7-12's, along with numerous other rumors. Also has your plant been flooded with contractors during this re-tooling? If so what hours are they working and how many shifts? Thanks for any info you can provide.

go to scottrlap.proboards.com

That is KTP/Lap message forum....probably get a better answer there

Trades are being fully "utilized", I think is the standard union/company term. Why are you interested to know

Trades are being fully "utilized", I think is the standard union/company term. Why are you interested to know

Yeah, I'd be really interested to know why all the interest since KCAP's trades DO NOT have transfer of Operations due to the new investment announcement. No lost work, No transfer of Ops. Trades are connected to a facility NOT a product line. Those Ford employees from plants that are being closed or sold should have first opportunity to transfer before an employee from a plant with new work announced.

Yeah, I'd be really interested to know why all the interest since KCAP's trades DO NOT have transfer of Operations due to the new investment announcement. No lost work, No transfer of Ops. Trades are connected to a facility NOT a product line. Those Ford employees from plants that are being closed or sold should have first opportunity to transfer before an employee from a plant with new work announced.

That's funny, I wonder why they just started canvassing trades to see who wants to go to LAP! Damn and the trades committeeman had #'s needed for each trade. Where are you getting your info Wally? IN ANYCASE , I THINK CUP JUST WANT'S TO GET AN IDEA OF YOUR UTILIZATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Thanks for the info on the LAP\KTP website. It has been very helpfull.

Yes. I'm in trades. No. I'm not transferring to LAP.

Yes. Trades will have the oppurtunity to transfer to LAP if LAP builds the Escape. Regardless of classification KCAP trades will have the right to follow their product. It doesn't matter if we are receiving $400 million to upgrade our facility. The transfer of operations language is fairly clear (compared to other language that is).

Why are people so worried about why somebody else wants to know something? If somebody doesn't feel comfortable answering a question thats asked they should ignore the post and move on. Instead people want to stir the pot and post information that is obviosly not correct. If you do not know the answer, don't say that you do. You become a pain that will be ignored and called a troll.

Good luck to all in LAP and those from KCAP that are thinking about the transfer. I hope it works out the best for all of you. It's a big decision especially when families are involved.

Thanks for the info on the LAP\KTP website. It has been very helpfull.

Yes. I'm in trades. No. I'm not transferring to LAP.

Yes. Trades will have the oppurtunity to transfer to LAP if LAP builds the Escape. Regardless of classification KCAP trades will have the right to follow their product. It doesn't matter if we are receiving $400 million to upgrade our facility. The transfer of operations language is fairly clear (compared to other language that is).

Why are people so worried about why somebody else wants to know something? If somebody doesn't feel comfortable answering a question thats asked they should ignore the post and move on. Instead people want to stir the pot and post information that is obviosly not correct. If you do not know the answer, don't say that you do. You become a pain that will be ignored and called a troll.

Good luck to all in LAP and those from KCAP that are thinking about the transfer. I hope it works out the best for all of you. It's a big decision especially when families are involved.

According to the International, Trades does not have the right to follow the work. Other plants tried and it was not allowed according to the letters of understanding. Follow the work is only for production. If the union was to allow this they will be flodded with grievences from all who were held back from following the work to other plants who took our work.

According to the International, Trades does not have the right to follow the work. Other plants tried and it was not allowed according to the letters of understanding. Follow the work is only for production. If the union was to allow this they will be flodded with grievences from all who were held back from following the work to other plants who took our work.

This will be interesting.

Edited by whiteford

Not to say that you are wrong but YOU ARE WRONG! When KCAP took back the building of the IP for the Escape from Saline we received trades as well as production. Also when they quit building the Escape/Mariner in Ohio, guess what, yes KCAP received trades and production as a transfer then as well. You might want to have a few more facts before you say it cant be done because it has already happened twice at KCAP.

Once again it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm STAYING at KCAP. Just stating the facts.

Don't know how this will shake out but LAP skilled trades were not allowed to follow the Explorer to Chicago for what it's worth.

This is how it was explained to us at maumee stamping before it was closed. Skilled trades and production can go with there product ( Transfer of opps.). If there is an opening at the plant that is receiving the work. But then we were also told that if you have work coming in to replace the work going out that you would not get transfer of opps.

Not to say that you are wrong but YOU ARE WRONG! When KCAP took back the building of the IP for the Escape from Saline we received trades as well as production. Also when they quit building the Escape/Mariner in Ohio, guess what, yes KCAP received trades and production as a transfer then as well. You might want to have a few more facts before you say it cant be done because it has already happened twice at KCAP.

Once again it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm STAYING at KCAP. Just stating the facts.

Did the trades work as trades or temp production.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how this will shake out but LAP skilled trades were not allowed to follow the Explorer to Chicago for what it's worth.

Recently found out that the under transfer of operations of the explorer to chicago, 6 electricians and 1 pipefitter would be allowed to transfer to CAP. This was posted for 3 days in late November '10.