11 explorer

Anyone get one with the 2nd row buckets with center console? No one has one in my area and trying to see what it looks like.

Thanks

If you have kids its awesome.......the console is a nice separation making it harder to land a punch or receive one form your sister.

Also if you're doing any type of screen system in the back its a very big storage console for the headphones and other electronics.

Getting into the 3rd row seats for an adult isn't easy but its reasonable, for the kids its easy.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to loose that bench seat extra spot but I guess its a trade off.

If you have kids its awesome.......the console is a nice separation making it harder to land a punch or receive one form your sister.

Also if you're doing any type of screen system in the back its a very big storage console for the headphones and other electronics.

Getting into the 3rd row seats for an adult isn't easy but its reasonable, for the kids its easy.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to loose that bench seat extra spot but I guess its a trade off.

Thanks everyone for your replies.. I don't think it looks nearly as nice in the brochure as the link that was posted. I was turned off by the brochure but really love the look of it in the link. My wife and I had our first kid back in August so we're trying to make the right choice.. Being we'll have a carseat in there, that means anytime we go out with another couple, one will always be in the 3rd row where with the bench seat, they'd be able to sit in the 2nd row..

I was thinking about the storage as well.. Being able to keep things in there for the kids.. Ughhh.. decisions, decisions..

Thanks everyone for your replies.. I don't think it looks nearly as nice in the brochure as the link that was posted. I was turned off by the brochure but really love the look of it in the link. My wife and I had our first kid back in August so we're trying to make the right choice.. Being we'll have a carseat in there, that means anytime we go out with another couple, one will always be in the 3rd row where with the bench seat, they'd be able to sit in the 2nd row..

I was thinking about the storage as well.. Being able to keep things in there for the kids.. Ughhh.. decisions, decisions..

The great thing about this "console-solution" is that it can be accessed from the 3rd row as well. They were so smart to design it that it opens from the back.

With the buckets, you can also move the seats forwards and backwards and they als get an "auto-fold" feature that can be triggered from the 3rd row.

The great thing about this "console-solution" is that it can be accessed from the 3rd row as well. They were so smart to design it that it opens from the back.

With the buckets, you can also move the seats forwards and backwards and they als get an "auto-fold" feature that can be triggered from the 3rd row.

Can you elaborate on this auto fold feature and how it works?

You press a button from the rear and the seats fold forward.

Do they just fold in half or do they actually release and continue to fold up so the person can get out on there own? I know woth the bench, you pull the lever nd they fold, then pull again and they release and fold up. Im sold if they fold and release up on there own.

Do they just fold in half or do they actually release and continue to fold up so the person can get out on there own? I know woth the bench, you pull the lever nd they fold, then pull again and they release and fold up. Im sold if they fold and release up on there own.

You can read all about it in the online owner's manual. http://www.motorcraftservice.com -> owner's guides

Two little issues I found

1. You have to first release the 2nd row seat headrest before activating Powerfold

2. If the front seats are extended back when the second row seat tumbles forward it can hit the front seat back before tumbling all the way forward.

Minor issues but be aware.

Try it at a dealer first to see if its a big deal to you.

• 3 weeks later...

The console is removable, isn't it? Is it easy to remove? Is there carpet in the space where the console was removed?

I would have to hope it would be removable in some way or another in order to have all that fold flat room that the benches provide. The only other issue I would see is where do you put it after you move it if your not home. I liked the look of the buckets, but I don't think they would have worked out for me the way the bench seat will.