$5,000 profit sharing

jjt4433

Think about the retired workers that they took away 25000 in life insurance, kicked us into medicare where there is no vision.or dental coverage. Be happy with 5,000.

Yes I think about them all the time. About how they worked for 40 years and didnt save a dime for retirement. Now every retired worker are banking on social security. You better think about yourself and start putting money away because if your under 55 there will be no social security for you pal. So I say this again be thankful you are still woriking and start being more responsible with your finances. Because the truth of the matter is that the majority of you guys that post here even if you were making $50 per hour you will still be in the same shape you are in now. BROKE, living paycheck to paycheck. WAKE UP and make that change. Look at the man in the mirror because thats who your excuses come from. DO better help the country out.

I am just thankful that I have a job in this economy. I find it to be must less stressful to just worry about me, and not get all torqued out of shape about what someone else is getting. I'll take whatever profit sharing I get, be thankful for it, and go about my merry way. There is no way I would plan my life around a dime more than i make in a 40 hour week. Tax refund....straight into savings. Profit sharing.....straight into savings. Overtime.....straight into savings.

In other words...if you have to sell something because you cant make the payments when your overtime dries up, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

• Like 3

Spine,

The Ford Credit portion of the formula was removed because, if you remember we ratified/settled in 2007 after GM and Chrysler. They both were selling their financial arms during negotiations which they did do. Because of this GM and Chrysler removed their credit arms from the profit sharing formula and for reasons of pattern the UAW followed with Ford.

Since Ford did not sell the Ford Motor Credit like GM and Chrysler, Bob King has knew this was a large portion of our profit sharing and he was pushing Ford over the last 2 months into using Ford Credit into the formula.

So, the 3,000 was correct for the per actual 2007 language (minus the Ford Credit equation.)

The 5,000 was including credit which King pushed over the past 2 months. If you remember his messages in the press the company must share in the good times.

Thank you Bob King

God bless the UAW

Grimshaw

I understand all that and have posted as much Grim, so I am kind of confused as to the need to point out basically the same information I have posted?

Second without seeing the breakdown and the percentage formula that will be used there is no telling at this point which is true. I have a hard time believing the company decided to just give in and allow something into the formula that they are not contractually obligated too. If FMCC is being entered into the formula I could only guess the average payout would be more than 5k. As already stated by others there are less workers and the NA profits are a tremendous chunk of 2010 profits 5.4 billion to be exact.

Unless you are going to make it known that you where in the meetings with the UAW and the company concerning this then I find it hard to believe that you know for a fact what is being factored into the pay out this year, I mean local Chairman do not even have the formula passed on to them yet but you do ?

OK ENOUGH! I've had it will all you bickering bastards! Be happy you got what you got and if most of you guys would show up for work more and stay off medical than your check might be a little bigger. Ford gave you more than what they had to. So write a letter and thank FOMOCO. Go to work everyday and do your job. Support the UNION and be thankful for your job.

Piss off Die; I was not bickering nor was I complaining about how much the profit sharing is this year, I was simply stating my opinion. As usual what you quoted me on something that has nothing to do with what I was refering to, I was simply pointing to some facts.

Oh ya you never let those get in the way of your posts I almost forgot.

Cyberman I hope all get a portion of what is deserved, I assume your salaried and I know salaried have taken hits in years past just as the hourly have. All we can do is enjoy this now and continue to make the best vehicles we can, the designs are there unlike in years past the rest is up to all of us hourly and salaried alike to continue with the good news for all.

Die lol well i guess since Chucky is not around for the time being we still need a village idiot around, thanks for contributing your part :doh:

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 2

I understand all that and have posted as much Grim, so I am kind of confused as to the need to point out basically the same information I have posted?

Second without seeing the breakdown and the percentage formula that will be used there is no telling at this point which is true. I have a hard time believing the company decided to just give in and allow something into the formula that they are not contractually obligated too. If FMCC is being entered into the formula I could only guess the average payout would be more than 5k. As already stated by others there are less workers and the NA profits are a tremendous chunk of 2010 profits 5.4 billion to be exact.

Unless you are going to make it known that you where in the meetings with the UAW and the company concerning this then I find it hard to believe that you know for a fact what is being factored into the pay out this year, I mean local Chairman do not even have the formula passed on to them yet but you do ?

Piss off Die; I was not bickering nor was I complaining about how much the profit sharing is this year, I was simply stating my opinion. As usual what you quoted me on something that has nothing to do with what I was refering to, I was simply pointing to some facts.

Cyberman I hope all get a portion of what is deserved, I assume your salaried and I know salaried have taken hits in years past just as the hourly have. All we can do is enjoy this now and continue to make the best vehicles we can, the designs are there unlike in years past the rest is up to all of us hourly and salaried alike to continue with the good news for all.

Die lol well i guess since Chucky is not around for the time being we still need a village idiot around, thanks for contributing your part :doh:

Amen, Brother!

Where is the Chuckster?? I figured he would have put his two cents in by now. Maybe he is on stress medical again. He claimed on here a few weeks ago he has only been on medical twice in his 15 years. What a lie...I worked with him at Saline and DTP he is ALWAYS out on medical

• Like 1

Spine,

The Ford Credit portion of the formula was removed because, if you remember we ratified/settled in 2007 after GM and Chrysler. They both were selling their financial arms during negotiations' which they did do. Because of this GM and Chrysler removed their credit arms from the profit sharing formula and for reasons of pattern the UAW followed with Ford.

Since Ford did not sell the Ford Motor Credit like GM and Chrysler, Bob King has knew this was a large portion of our profit sharing and he was pushing Ford over the last 2 months into using Ford Credit into the formula.

So, the 3,000 was correct for the per actual 2007 language (minus the Ford Credit equation.)

The 5,000 was including credit which King pushed over the past 2 months. If you remember his messages in the press "the company must share in the good times".

Thank you Bob King

God bless the UAW

Grimshaw

So, Bob King asked Ford to add Ford Credit into the formula? I just want to make sure I have the facts.

I've already mentioned we get nothing up here in the great white north...aka CAW. My only question is this, what is the base rate of an Inspector at your U.S. plants?

Just curious as here its $34.25 Canadian.

The reason that there is a CAW is because the UAW wanted profit sharing and the canadian plants felt that a cost of living allowance was more equitable. Up until now, the canucks have been getting a percentage on their

cheques,and the Americans have been getting nothing. If your asking about inspector rates, surely you have worked at ford long enough to know this.

• Like 1

Which math are you talking about ? His mention of the $1,000 bonus in a crappy year in relation to this yr I think was more rhetorical. As for his math for 1999 vs. 2010(2011)...its interesting that in '99 Ford paid out +/- $704 million in pro share and in 2010... they are paying out +/- 203 million. Almost 3.5 times less payout now. Even as Ford does rebound now, our leaders conceded in 2007, so we wouldnt be able to rebound with our company. You'd have thought they would've made the formula stronger due to a smaller , leaner, more efficient workforce who conceded at the table big time but was willing to wait for the ultimate sign of life-----------PROFITS. But no...they allowed that to be weakened also. Shame,Bob, shame......

Very interesting points by Waldo, Grim, and Liquid....and to the other guy, no one is bickering we are just comparing numbers of the loss of employees with the profit of different years and how the formula works. And to Cyber, thanks for pointing out a lot of the GSR situation. Everyone should have a piece of the profit, I don't think anyone believes differently. Although, I would love the salary stock match option : )

• Like 1

OK ENOUGH! I've had it will all you bickering bastards! Be happy you got what you got and if most of you guys would show up for work more and stay off medical than your check might be a little bigger. Ford gave you more than what they had to. So write a letter and thank FOMOCO. Go to work everyday and do your job. Support the UNION and be thankful for your job.

OK, now do you have any intelligent comments?

Edited by tompor1
  • Like 2

People! While I, as well as the rest of you, am happy and appreciate the profit sharing language that makes it possible for us to get the $5,000. Remember that without the concessions that WE gave the Company, there would not be a profit. That said, we gave up approximately $12,000 per year through concessions which puts us in a minus situation. The 5 grand helps, but let's hope Bob King stays true to what he said about getting back what we gave up!

Edited by REALITYPLZ
  • Like 2

Hmmm ...If I only had a $1.19 to $1.99 extra per hour worked this year (COLA) .....Would have earned more than 5K.....But hey Ford's doing us a favor by going from 3k to 5k....We should be honored they thought of us at all. Not like we didn't sacrifice anything. Proud to still have a job after working in 3 plants this year at 3 different pay scales with no local representation. Think I will splurge and divide check between federal taxes and State property taxes. Will enjoy catching up.

• Like 1

Hmmm ...If I only had a $1.19 to $1.99 extra per hour worked this year (COLA) .....Would have earned more than 5K.....But hey Ford's doing us a favor by going from 3k to 5k....We should be honored they thought of us at all. Not like we didn't sacrifice anything. Proud to still have a job after working in 3 plants this year at 3 different pay scales with no local representation. Think I will splurge and divide check between federal taxes and State property taxes. Will enjoy catching up.

What would COLA be right now if we had it? Wasn't there an online resource to find this out?.

What would COLA be right now if we had it? Wasn't there an online resource to find this out?.

If I did the calculation right (I don't have the contract in front of me, but IIRC it starts at 173.15 for 5 cents, and it goes up a penny for every .06 points it goes up), It looks like we would be getting $2.11, had we not given it up, and had we not given up all of the VEBA setoffs to it either.

You can check it here - we use Table 5 (CPI-W, Urban Wage earners & Clerical Workers, seasonally adjusted)... scroll down to the Special Indexes, and look at "All items less medical care":

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.t05.htm

• 2 weeks later...

The profit sharing factor i heard today is .083. I'm not saying it is correct or incorrect but that is the rumor that was going around today at KCAP. I was unable to verify this rumor via the internet.

If you are wanting to find out the exact number of hours you worked you can have your committeemen pull the report from the TWOS system or look at your online paystubs and only count the straight time hours. Then multiply those hours times your base rate and finally multiply that number times the .083 factor. That will give you your profit sharing amount before taxes.

The profit sharing factor i heard today is .083. I'm not saying it is correct or incorrect but that is the rumor that was going around today at KCAP. I was unable to verify this rumor via the internet.

If you are wanting to find out the exact number of hours you worked you can have your committeemen pull the report from the TWOS system or look at your online paystubs and only count the straight time hours. Then multiply those hours times your base rate and finally multiply that number times the .083 factor. That will give you your profit sharing amount before taxes.

Assuming that .083 is correct, then 2/3ds of money made over $60,000 would come to roughly $55 for every $1000 over $60,000....right?

That number is false. Basically, somebody took the $5000 number and assumed that the average worker made $60k last year.

$5k / $60k = .083

The number should be higher than that.