Lower, shorter

timmm55

very sharp, Tim, in every sense ;)

quite classy - I get a bit of a feel of pre-Mazda-envy (ie pre-current) Mercedes

otoh

think Ford may use a bit more of rounded leading-edges - as seen in the Explorer's hood or Edge's new fascia (yeah bad examples, can't think of another just now ... maybe/sorta 2010 Fusion too tho less pronounced)

very sharp, Tim, in every sense ;)

quite classy - I get a bit of a feel of pre-Mazda-envy (ie pre-current) Mercedes

otoh

think Ford may use a bit more of rounded leading-edges - as seen in the Explorer's hood or Edge's new fascia (yeah bad examples, can't think of another just now ... maybe/sorta 2010 Fusion too tho less pronounced)

Yeah the front spoiler needs a redo, doesn't fit the rest of the car yet.

Yeah the front spoiler needs a redo, doesn't fit the rest of the car yet.

not really a suggestion

but what do think of this pic of the new Charger?

IMG_1591.jpg <clickable

I haven't been paying much attention to Dodge & was surprized by the way the front end looked from this angle - nowhere near as monolithic than I assumed

Edited by 2b2

not really a suggestion

but what do think of this pic of the new Charger?

IMG_1591.jpg <clickable

I haven't been paying much attention to Dodge & was surprized by the way the front end looked from this angle - nowhere near as monolithic than I assumed

The Charger looks more like a 300 than the 300 does IMHO.

7972321d.jpg

The 300 looks like it wants to be an Imperial!

Good start (and fantastic job with altering the photos...no complaints there), but I think it's too soft for a Mustang. Looking more Bruce Jenner then Arnold. Maybe its the way the front-end droops down (as opposed to the brickface we have now). I know for aerodynamics, that will most likely need to change, but I think it needs more "tasteful" testosterone. Great start!

Good start (and fantastic job with altering the photos...no complaints there), but I think it's too soft for a Mustang. Looking more Bruce Jenner then Arnold. Maybe its the way the front-end droops down (as opposed to the brickface we have now). I know for aerodynamics, that will most likely need to change, but I think it needs more "tasteful" testosterone. Great start!

Wasn't that the contest for 94? "Bruce" was too tasteful and not agressive enough. Where "Arnold" won?

I hear what your saying tho.

How about a competition of our own? Use this photo and see what our photochoppers come up with!

Change colors, background, anything, but make it a MUSTANG.

41f6202a.jpg

So, by the sound of things, the Mustang is going to have to evolve into more of a Sports Car than the Muscle Car its has been. In a way I'm happy for that, an American M3 killer (for $20,000 less) but on the other hand it just won't be the same.

The 2012 Boss 302 is already and American M3 killer for roughly $20k less.

The 2012 Boss 302 is already and American M killer for roughly $K less.

The current Mustang is definitely VERY competent, but it needs to evolve. The only problem I've heard is dive and squat under braking. Imagine resolving that AND losing 500 lbs and getting a more compact, aerodynamic package.

It'll be a good thing.

...How about a competition of our own? Use this photo and see what our photochoppers come up with!

Change colors, background, anything, but make it a MUSTANG.

I started doing a preliminary based on a sketch I found at Jalopnik almost exactly 2 years ago and got carried away

So until/if I get around to a real chop (been enJOYing working from sketches lately!)

here's the

- - coloring book version - - - - - - quick base 'vert - - - - - - preliminary chop - - - - - - original

th_M-5-red.jpg th_M-vert.jpg th_M-pre.jpg th_M-sketch.jpg

click any for larger

btw, if I get to a photo chop, think the lighting would be easier for me with This One

Edited by 2b2

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, if I get to a photo chop, think the lighting would be easier for me with This One

I used that pic because it shows the side contours well. It's not like you did anything with either, anyway!!!! And the wheels aren't blurred, and the chassis isn't under load (angled). A static photo is better IMHO

Your renderings don't really follow the Kinetic Ford designs either, they are very angular.

Edited by timmm55