Oh my God

20 year old Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500 for the Wood Brothers!

I havent enjoyed any NASCAR race that much in years. That was an exciting win.

Congratulations to Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers!

Ford needs to sign that kid right now long term.

Edited by F250

For a second there I thought I saw Rick Hendrick in the winner's circle with pen in hand......Fortunately, I was mistaken. I hope Ford does what is necessary to keep Bayne in Fords. I suppose there will be a NASCAR rules change since Ford's have won the last three NASACR Sprint Cup races.

Great to see the Woods Brothers and Ford In victory lane. A great story.

I had read that Edsel Ford pushed the Woods to sign the kid, Not sure how true that is. Edsel was right there in Victory Lane.Lets hope he can help them get sponsorship to run more races with the kid.

The race was not the greatest, but the finish was the best since 76. Just love seeing all those Fords at the front.

I havent enjoyed any NASCAR race that much in years. That was an exciting win.

Congratulations to Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers!

Ford needs to sign that kid right now long term.

If I was a betting man I would wager that Bayne will have some sort of deal with Hendrick Motorsports before the end of this year. I am not kidding. Now that Ray Evernham is back with Hendrick you will see more of this kind of crap. They just signed Bill Elliott's son Chase to a driver development deal and their late model stock car team will now be switching from Ford to Chevy. Evernham has a long history of stealing Ford's young talent beginning with Jeff Gordon.

I suppose there will be a NASCAR rules change since Ford's have won the last three NASACR Sprint Cup races.

NASCAR tried that early this week when they found out the Fords ran best when hot, thats why they opened up air ducts from 2.5 to 3 inches, to try and help out the teams they want to win.

Been watching NASCAR do that since the mid 60's not much changes.

Another positive "point" from todays race is that since Bayne can only earn championship points in the Nationwide Series, by finishing 2nd today Carl Edwards leaves Daytona as the Sprint Cup points leader with 42 points and a 25 point lead over Jimmie Johnson who is tied for 17th with Jeff Gordon. :happy feet:

NASCAR changed several rules concerning their point systems during the off-season. Before the season started all drivers had to declare which of the three series they wanted to run for the championship in. They cannot earn points in more than one series. Trevor Bayne declared that he was running for the Nationwide Series championship because he does not have a full-time ride in the Sprint Cup Series. NASCAR also changed the number of points earned for each finishing position in Sprint Cup. The winner gets 43 and last place gets 1 point. If you fallout of a race you had better find a way to get back in because it will now be much more difficult to catch up unless the point leader has a similar problem in another race. That is why the Johnson and Gordon teams rebuilt their cars and returned to the race after heavy damage from wrecks. The finishing order today could be huge if Carl Edwards finishes every race, which is unlikely but it could happen. For example, Kevin Harvick, who finished 3rd in points last year, blew an engine early in today's race and finished the day with 3 points.

Edited by blksn8k2

Well, Wood Bros., for one, probably wasn't going to run a full schedule.

I have no idea whether this will change their minds but winning the Daytona 500 not only pays a lot of money but it could also bring in additional sponsors besides Ford's Motorcraft and Quick Lane. Trevor Bayne seems to be such a fresh breath of air for NASCAR unlike the spoiled brat Busch brothers or heir unapparent Dale Jr. Couple that with such a feel good story as the legendary Wood Brothers team and a major sponsor could do a lot worse. I would prefer to see it be an automotive related company vs the typical beer sponsor, etc. I think Pep Boys would be a perfect fit. :lol:

Well a couple of guys in Chevys did turn right...just not on purpose :hysterical:

And a couple more popped their cookies. I guess they weren't counting on having to turn a 400 hp V-8 to over 9k. Maybe the Childress teams should have set their rev limiters a little lower or picked a different gear. :hysterical:

There was a NASCAR race today? Let me guess, they turned left a lot and half the people watching it on TV were asleep after an hour. lol

I know you could care less but today's race was significantly different from the typical restrictor plate races we have been forced to suffer through since 1988. The drivers actually had to pay attention every second instead of riding around in a huge swarm waiting for somebody to screw up or blow a tire. There was still "the big one" but that was somewhat of an afterthought compared to the different style of racing. The only way to be competitive was for two cars to hook up nose to tail all the way around, lap after lap. It was amusing to see just how foreign the concept was to "get out of my way" Kyle Busch.

I know you could care less but today's race was significantly different from the typical restrictor plate races we have been forced to suffer through since 1988. The drivers actually had to pay attention every second instead of riding around in a huge swarm waiting for somebody to screw up or blow a tire. There was still "the big one" but that was somewhat of an afterthought compared to the different style of racing. The only way to be competitive was for two cars to hook up nose to tail all the way around, lap after lap. It was amusing to see just how foreign the concept was to "get out of my way" Kyle Busch.

You're right, I couldn't care less about it. But I'm not going to get all Nr9 and mess up this thread that is obviously more pro-Nascar than con. I understand that a lot of you guys here like NASCAR. I think it's obvious that I find it ridiulous and tailgate racing for 3 hours I think I would find even more ridiculous. I'm not going to get into all the aspects of the series that I personally think have completely ruined it. I'll just leave it alone and you guys can talk about the race without my smart a** comments. lol

You're right, I couldn't care less about it. But I'm not going to get all Nr9 and mess up this thread that is obviously more pro-Nascar than con. I understand that a lot of you guys here like NASCAR. I think it's obvious that I find it ridiulous and tailgate racing for 3 hours I think I would find even more ridiculous. I'm not going to get into all the aspects of the series that I personally think have completely ruined it. I'll just leave it alone and you guys can talk about the race without my smart a** comments. lol

Thank you.

I think most if not all of NASCAR's shortcomings can be traced back to one thing: pursuit of the almighty dollar. But that is no different than any other major sport.

I was talking to some friends and my comment was "I don't care who wins, as long as it's a ford". I really hate how the car is ignored and all the drivers are prima-donna's like f-1. I'm not a nascar fan, haven't been since probably '90 or so but I was making supper and flicked on the tv in the kitchen. Seen all the pairs and wondered if they were doing a trailer race or something! LOL. REALLY looked stupid, but whatever, I understand drafting.

To bad about the #6 car, inexperience, damn. Leading the 500 and cut across too quickly due to inexperience...DAMN! Bet he's been kicking his ass ever since.

Once I seen a ford win I said YAY! then shut it off. Found out later that it was 1-2-3. Even bigger YAY! Watched the news and all I've been hearing is a young kid won the daytona...and then the remaining 2 minutes of the blurb is about junior was expected to win, junior was doing so good, junior had an accident, junior, junior, blah, blah, blah. What a bunch of bullshit. Never heard ford mentioned even once! In fact, never heard ANY manufacturer mentioned anywhere.