$4 a gallon

bpm382

I'm sitting here with my down payment for an 2011 Super Crew XLT burning a hole in my pocket as I watch gas prices approach $4 a gallon here in Massachusetts ($3.69 currently) I am having second thought about making the purchase... Is anyone else thinking twice about buying a truck with gas prices on the rise? Will this affect sales of the F-150 nationwide? and how will Ford respond?

Gas prices going up are the entire reason I'm trading in my Ranger and paying $750 extra for the Ecoboost - it's got a MPG rating 23% higher than my Ranger.

And Ford seems to be responding with $5,000 off or 0% APR financing for 60 months.

Edited by p38fln

The rising fuel prices has me leaning more towards the 3.7L V6 vs. the 5.0L I was planning on getting.

The incentives for my zip have changed over the past day or two, now up to $3500 or 0% for 60 months plus $1k trade assistance. The ecoboost was previously excluded but no longer is.

After checking the incentives, I might buy what I want if I can the right price rather than downsize.

In all reality if you are scared of 4.00 a gal gas now, you should probably not consider a f150 unless you need it. I say this because the price of gas will not get any cheaper, it might dip down for awhile but upper 3's and low 4's will be the new reality. Just count your blessing, 4.99/gal in the Republic of California.

While just a couple weeks ago the "experts" were predicting gas prices to reach $4 by summer, and some areas might see $5. Some areas are over that threshold already this week and they are predicting $6/gallon gas by summer now. I can hardly wait to see what another 2 weeks will bring.

High gas prices are no fun. I could probably get by without a truck because I don't need one for my job and don't use all the features of a truck all the time. But when I do, it sure is nice to have. I know that owning a truck will cost me more in gas -- but that is the cost of having that luxury. I would rather cut back on some other luxuries like going out to dinner as often or going to a movie and have the enjoyment and convenience of my truck when I need it.

I have a 2011 FX4 SCREW on order and absolutely can not wait for my new truck!

High gas prices are no fun. I could probably get by without a truck because I don't need one for my job and don't use all the features of a truck all the time. But when I do, it sure is nice to have. I know that owning a truck will cost me more in gas -- but that is the cost of having that luxury. I would rather cut back on some other luxuries like going out to dinner as often or going to a movie and have the enjoyment and convenience of my truck when I need it.

I have a 2011 FX4 SCREW on order and absolutely can not wait for my new truck!

You left out the most important part. IS YOUR TRUCK AN ECO-BOOST????

I'm sitting here with my down payment for an 2011 Super Crew XLT burning a hole in my pocket as I watch gas prices approach $4 a gallon here in Massachusetts ($3.69 currently) I am having second thought about making the purchase... Is anyone else thinking twice about buying a truck with gas prices on the rise? Will this affect sales of the F-150 nationwide? and how will Ford respond?

If you need it, buy it. I have read many of the responses to your question and most seem to think that gas will only get higher. They may be right, but they may well be wrong. The economy is continuing to sputter, with still very high unemployment. If the middle east calms down a bit and the economy does not rebound very quickly, we will probably see a continued drop in oil to the mid $80's per barrel. I think we could well see gas drop to around $3.00. I know that is a contrarian view, but it could happen. Again, buy it if you need it.

I'd love $4/gal gas.. Here in Alberta Canada, we are paying $1.10l, i believe it's about 3.8L/US gallon.. So that puts us at 4.18/Gal, and i know some provinces are paying $1.25/L.

Oh well, i guess we don't have to spend a fortune paying for heatlh care every month like ya'll do.

I'd love $4/gal gas.. Here in Alberta Canada, we are paying $1.10l, i believe it's about 3.8L/US gallon.. So that puts us at 4.18/Gal, and i know some provinces are paying $1.25/L.

Oh well, i guess we don't have to spend a fortune paying for heatlh care every month like ya'll do.

If we had enough tax added to our gas to bring it up to your gas prices, I would spend more on that tax than I currently do on my health care.

Still keeping in light hearted fashion here but from a guy who knows....you pay through your nose for your "free health care" and for your fuel tax (which we pay a bunch of too.) The difference is if you need a CT of your head to R/O a stroke you get one here in under 30 minutes....insurance or not. In other words I can't defend the cost...but you do actually get health care. The Canadian Supreme Court is jammed with cases from Canadians seeking to get critical care they need payed for and available in a timely fashion. The press and the "others" don't want you to know that, and they don't want us to know that either. That is why when people say Fox is so slanted I chuckle as they don't have the cajons to really expose the Canadian system either.

I want both of us to have what we need when we need it. And it can be affordable, but we get played on this just like we do on the 4$ gas....just guys in the middle making money and laughing their ass off.

I will grumble...cut back on some other things temporarily.

I think that contributed the meltdown of 2008. $4.00 per gallon gas takes a terrible toll on the family budget, especially when many are already living paycheck to paycheck.