What kind of mileage can I expect?

shiggins

I've got a 2011 Limited fwd and it now has about 2100 miles on it. I've had it about a month and am on the first road trip with it.

I am plesantly surprise to see an average of 26 mpg on a 1000 mile trip from St Louis to Orlando FL.. This was a manually computed average after running two tanks of gas. I'd say my speed was a constant 70 - 80 mph during the trip. At times I was getting (via the computer) an average of over 27.

This was the first trip and the ride was great as was being able to use and enjoy the adaptive cruise control. One thing I did not "trust" was the blind spot detection system when switching lanes. It seems even looking over my shoulder didn't provide me the confidence the area was clear when moving to the left lane - so I plan on adding a blind spot mirror as well.

Edited by midwestbiker

Waiting on the arrival of a new 2011 Edge Limited AWD and I'm curious to know what people are seeing for mileage? Is it possible to attain 23-24 mpg on the freeway cruising at 70-75 mph?

I currently drive a 2009 AWD Edge Limited and I have taken it on several road trips. I would say the best mileage I noticed was somewhere around 23-24mpg but typical driving of mix highway and city averages around 20 during the summer months and a little less during the winter months.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the weather has warmed up a little I'm getting around 20-22mpg but that's probably 85% highway.

Check this out to get a good idea of what others are getting:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/edge/2011

Thanks. This is a useful site. I would also add that you should not rely solely upon the Edge's computer to do your mileage calculation. While it may in fact be correct, it can sometimes be worthwhile to at least "calibrate" your reported mileage with a real world manual calculation based upon miles actually driven and fuel actually consumed as noted by the amount of gas you use to fill the vehicle.

We have a 2011 Edge SEL AWD with the 18"aluminum wheels. With roughly 2500 miles we are averaging 20.8 in mixed driving(slight biased towards city driving). It has gone up from 19.3 when it was new. I have done 1 oil change @ 1300 miles so far. After a Memorial Day trip, I will probably drop the oil and switch over to 5W20 full synthetic. Hopefully on my trip (into the WV mountains) I can get 24mpg.

Edited by atomaro

• 2 months later...

I picked up my 2011 Edge Limited AWD in early June and have about 3600 miles on it presently. In a recent trip from CO to UT and back we averaged right at 25 MPG. It's higher in the flat lands and a bit worse (24 ish) if you do a lot of hill climbing. Overall I'm very pleased with its efficiency performance.

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting on the arrival of a new 2011 Edge Limited AWD and I'm curious to know what people are seeing for mileage? Is it possible to attain 23-24 mpg on the freeway cruising at 70-75 mph?

Neighbor has a 2011 Edge Limited FWD. He gets about 20.5 average between city/expressway driving. F

Edited by 2NEWEXPLORERS