Delivery from Plant to Dealership

kgilles82

My Raptor was Ordered in December 2010 and built on Feb 18th....Still Waiting....and waiting....and waiting.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is me too. I ordered a Raptor on 11/13, it was built 2/16 and as of yesterday it was still awaiting shipment. Very aggravating....

F150 Lariat Supercrew, 4x4, ecoboost, tuxedo black, 5.5 bed, and most all options.

Ordered - 3/7

Slotted per dealer (what ever that means) - 3/10

Built - 3/26

Awaiting Shipment - 0/28 Origin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck.

I'm not sure when it left but on 3/31 I found out it wasn't on the ramp and is being shipped by Jack Cooper Transport Co. via convoy (no rail) from Dearborn to Oklahoma. I was told the ETA was 4/9 but since it is a direct convoy to expect it Wednesday-ish. :bandance:

Edited by Paulpoke

I thought I would pass this along to everyone.... I got a call from a Ford Customer Care rep. and FINALLY got some information. My truck is still sitting in Dearborn, but at least this individual threw me a bone. (which is all I was ever looking for) I'm at going on 12 weeks waiting, and my truck was released from the factory on 28 Feb.

The short version of what he explained to me is this: In Jan there were three major transport companies that handled all of the "Big-3" auto makers' deliveries via rail. In early Feb two of those companies went out of business. Ford immediately signed on with the remaining company, but GM and Chrysler balked, and are trying to negotiate with the transport company. This precipitated a strike and there are now picket lines at the rail head in Dearborn. Apparently workers refuse to cross the picket lines of another union.....and as a result, there are only 1-5 rail cars per day of new vehicles being shipped out of Dearborn, when normally there are 100-150 rail cars of new vehicles being shipped out.

The individual I spoke with told me that since I now have a "case number" assigned to my new truck, I would receive periodic phone calls and emails....weekly until movement starts on the truck, and then daily communication once the truck starts to move.

All of that won't make the truck get here any faster, but it's at least something.....just some sort of communication/explanation.

It's too bad that it took 10 roughly worded emails and 3 phone calls to Ford Customer Care to get it, but some communication is certainly better than none.

If what I was told it true, I suspect my truck is sitting at the back of a lot somewhere with about 5,000 others between it and the gates.

It would seem logical to me that Ford would make some kind of a statement....at least to the dealers who have angry customers waiting on their vehicles.....even the gentleman I spoke with at FCC agreed with that.

While I'm happy for them, the most maddening part for me is that a lot of folks who ordered their trucks weeks after I ordered mine, have already taken delivery. To me, something is seriously wrong with that.

• Like 1

.....and as a result, there are only 1-5 rail cars per day of new vehicles being shipped out of Dearborn, when normally there are 100-150 rail cars of new vehicles being shipped out.

So ... let's see ... doing some math. If the stop making trucks today, they should be caught up in .... a couple years? Obviously something needs to give there. I have to hope someone at Ford is staffing a war room to figure this one out. I remember when Apple had a year of great sales, but they couldn't produce units to fill orders. Demand > Supply is good. Demand >> Supply and you lose customers.

That's the information that the Ford Customer Care Rep gave to me.... if it's fact or fiction.....well, we will likely never know. What we do know is the fact remains that there are a large number of people out there who have been waiting 3 months and beyond for the truck they ordered, with no information or explanation for FoMoCo. While others have ordered and taken delivery of their trucks in as little as 4 weeks......just doesn't make sense.

I've committed myself to wait on this truck....I really have no other choice, but I will say that the whole experience has soured me to the "order a new vehicle" thing. If I ever purchase another Ford product, it will certainly be off the lot, where I can at least deal face to face with those selling it to me.

What we do know is the fact remains that there are a large number of people out there who have been waiting 3 months and beyond for the truck they ordered, with no information or explanation for FoMoCo. While others have ordered and taken delivery of their trucks in as little as 4 weeks......just doesn't make sense.

Has anybody done an informal survey to see if there's a correlation between those who have gotten their trucks in a short time and rail vs. truck shipment? In other words, are the trucks that have been delivered been shipped by truck or by rail? One of our forum members who lives near me got his FX4 in about four weeks. Central Indiana is less than a day's drive from Dearborn and we don't seem to see many Kansas City-built trucks in this area, so my assumption is that most of the local inventory was trucked in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this thread up. It is the end of November--any recent experiences with shipping times? My truck is being built in Dearborn and is being shipped to CT.

If anyone has any recent experiences, please share!

Thank you,

Andrew

I'd be curious to know as well, I just ordered a F-150 EB this week and am hoping as per the dealer to have it in 10 weeks. Was sort of hoping there was a slim possibility of having it even sooner but it doesn't sound like it!

I wonder why Ford doesn't allow customers to pick up their trucks at the factory. My dest charge is $1500 here in Canada and it would be a fun trip to go get it.

I ordered my F150 FX4 Dec. 29 just got the vin number this week. Scheduled to be built next week. Dealer tells me should have it two weeks after that. I hope so, bought it for my wife married 40 years feb 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a site where I can check status of our truck?

Edited by sturgOH

• 1 month later...

Can anyone share how long it took for your truck to arrive at your dealership after it was produced? I understand it will vary based on delivery method and distance from Dearborn but just wanted to get an estimate based on your experiences. Thanks.

I think that it was 6 weeks from the order of our Platinum.

• 1 month later...

My 2012 F150 XLT Reg Cab Green Gem 4X4 W/EcoBoost was ordered 4/9

Production 5/7 according to online window sticker

Natasha @Ford Service on Facebook is who got me my VIN to find my window sticker (got within 2 weeks of order)

Now I am awaiting shipping info and ETA-- reading here that the first ETA almost always seems to be wrong is a worry, I have been patient so far but I am getting very exicted and anxious about delivery.

Natasha @Ford Service on Facebook is who got me my VIN to find my window sticker (got within 2 weeks of order)

Now I am awaiting shipping info and ETA-- reading here that the first ETA almost always seems to be wrong is a worry, I have been patient so far but I am getting very exicted and anxious about delivery.

It's been less than a month since you ordered it. Chill out!

From what I was told by the manager at the dealership where I purchased my F-150 EB, it could take up to 3 weeks once it actually gets shipped but may take longer if the rail car isn't full. mine was built on apr. 23/12 and still waiting on shipment. it has only been a couple weeks and i have some time, just not easy being patient.

Edited by cloe15

I think i saw your truck going down CH-7 at Dearborn Truck last week nice color you will like it.