2011 EDGE and MY FORD TOUCH

auxtech

I took delivery of my new EDGE on Saturday afternoon about 3:30 I took a little time to get familiar with the Touch controls and I'm pretty happy with the features. I was able to Sync both my wife's phone and my own. This was a task that was not possible at the dealer. The resident expert told me there must be something wrong with my phone since he could not accomplish the task. Took a little drive and all was right ,,,,until about 9:30. The 8inch LCD went black and has not been on since. The dealer picked up the vehicle this morning. Thats less than 48 hours of ownership and already in for service. I sure hope this isnt a look into the future.

I took delivery of my new EDGE on Saturday afternoon about 3:30 I took a little time to get familiar with the Touch controls and I'm pretty happy with the features. I was able to Sync both my wife's phone and my own. This was a task that was not possible at the dealer. The resident expert told me there must be something wrong with my phone since he could not accomplish the task. Took a little drive and all was right ,,,,until about 9:30. The 8inch LCD went black and has not been on since. The dealer picked up the vehicle this morning. Thats less than 48 hours of ownership and already in for service. I sure hope this isnt a look into the future.

This sounds more like the whole module is bad - not just the software. There have been mention of that happening, but once replaced the system is pretty good.

I got my EDGE back on Tuesday. The Module was replaced and I was told the software was updated. Its working fine except for phone sync problems. I havent taken much time to research it yet so I guess I'll see how things go from here.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to determine which software update your car has without going to the dealer?

The Sync Status Checker Tool will be able to tell you so go to the sync my ride website and download it.

The SYNC Status Checker is a small piece of software that records the present version of SYNC installed in your vehicle. Once you choose to download the SYNC Status Checker onto your USB storage drive, plug it into SYNC’s USB port, and SYNC will automatically record its version onto the drive. Return to your account page to report your SYNC status.

The Sync Status Checker Tool will be able to tell you so go to the sync my ride website and download it.

The SYNC Status Checker is a small piece of software that records the present version of SYNC installed in your vehicle. Once you choose to download the SYNC Status Checker onto your USB storage drive, plug it into SYNC’s USB port, and SYNC will automatically record its version onto the drive. Return to your account page to report your SYNC status.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my 2011 Edge SEL/AWD for 1 month/500 miles. System rebooted today and now the radio does not work and the hazard lights wont turn off. According to the sync my ride site I have the latest version of software 2.7.

Try pulling and replacing the fuse as a temporary remedy.

Try pulling and replacing the fuse as a temporary remedy.

thanks, my wife just brought it to the nearest dealership she could get to. They cant turn off the hazard lights either and are still "working" on it.

Makes you feel just great to have a brand new car with an electrical problem..

forgot to mention...I tried looking in the manual for which is the hazard light fuse or relay and did not see it listed anywhere on the fuse panel diagram.

I would assume it would be the same fuse for the turn signal indicators, for future reference. Hope they get it all worked out for you in a timely manner.

I've been without the services of mine for the past 4 weeks, but only because some nice driver decided to rear end me in morning traffic. :rant:

Edited by NickF1011

I would assume it would be the same fuse for the turn signal indicators, for future reference. Hope they get it all worked out for you in a timely manner.

I've been without the services of mine for the past 4 weeks, but only because some nice driver decided to rear end me in morning traffic. :rant:

thanks, sorry to hear about your Edge getting rear ended.

forgot to mention...I tried looking in the manual for which is the hazard light fuse or relay and did not see it listed anywhere on the fuse panel diagram.

You can force a reset of the Fort MyTouch system by pulling fuse #29 (wait maybe 5 minutes), then re-install. This I suppose is the equivalent to the old CTRL-ALT-DEL strategy on another famous microsoft powered system but might be better aligned with the original "big red switch" strategy of microsoft software maintenance.

Our Sync system died roughly at 1000miles. Screen went black...message came up and said Sync by Microsoft is doing routine maintenance...it would fget roughly 75% complete and crash. A few min later the same process would start again. The dealer replaced some parts (cant remember what they were) and it has worked since. 2 weeks ago it did get a little hairy. while driving, the screen went dead. I pulled over and turned the car off (with my wife bitching up a storm in the process). When I started the car, the routine message came up again. This time it completed its task and has worked fine ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

We had an issue with freezing and the routine maintenance message the first day we had our new edge. I made sure the system was up to date and for the past 2 months we haven't had any issues. Maybe it just takes a few reboots of the system to function properly?

With the XM/Sirius new channel lineup will there be a new Sync update? I know now that some of the channels cannot be found by name, but are still found only by number(If you know what the new number is!)

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are scaring the hell out of me.

My MKX arrived at the dealer. Will get it next week and sure as hell do not want it in the shop soon after.

Some of you might think i am asking for to much, but when i blow 54 grand on a new vehicle, i don't want any problems at all. Not for 2-3 years anyhow.

Here it is

post-3875-0-49719800-1308434650_thumb.jpg

post-3875-0-81882600-1308434671_thumb.jpg

Well, interesting thing I've figured out with my MFT/Sync and the iPod losing connectivity. Turns out it's not MFT/Sync that is causing it. It's the iPod itself that is acting funny and locking up. I noticed it since I put a new head unit in my Mustang with iPod controls in it and it exhibited the same locking/not being seen behavior on occasion in the Mustang also.

Other than that, no reboots or any other strange behavior to be seen in quite awhile.

Well, interesting thing I've figured out with my MFT/Sync and the iPod losing connectivity. Turns out it's not MFT/Sync that is causing it. It's the iPod itself that is acting funny and locking up. I noticed it since I put a new head unit in my Mustang with iPod controls in it and it exhibited the same locking/not being seen behavior on occasion in the Mustang also.

Other than that, no reboots or any other strange behavior to be seen in quite awhile.

Glad to hear....feel better now