I rent cars quite often for work, usually from Budget and Hertz.

I have been getting the last few '11 Grand Marquis when I get into a "Premium" car, but now, I'm seeing the supply of those dwindling.

Today, a client came to my office, driving a Dark red 2011 CV from Hertz.

Car has column shift, LX Sport 17" wheels, Single Exhaust, black rear fascia with chrome trim under the tail lights and the rear fascia, and a flex fuel badge on it.

So this has promise that maybe some used 2011 Vics are going to show up on used car lots in the next 12 months, unless they all get shipped to the UAE.,....

I rent cars quite often for work, usually from Budget and Hertz.

I have been getting the last few '11 Grand Marquis when I get into a "Premium" car, but now, I'm seeing the supply of those dwindling.

Today, a client came to my office, driving a Dark red 2011 CV from Hertz.

Car has column shift, LX Sport 17" wheels, Single Exhaust, black rear fascia with chrome trim under the tail lights and the rear fascia, and a flex fuel badge on it.

So this has promise that maybe some used 2011 Vics are going to show up on used car lots in the next 12 months, unless they all get shipped to the UAE.,....

Might be hard for the St Thomas Plant because Law Enforcement has ordered 22,000 units and thats a big order to fill before shut down in September.

Edited by Sgt1411

Might be hard for the St Thomas Plant because Law Enforcement has ordered 22,000 units and thats a big order to fill before shut down in September.

My son told me one of his co-workers gor back from a trip this week-needed a full size car and they gave him a new CV. The guy is a bit of a car nut (owns a Porsche) and was actually impressed by the "old car".
  • Like 1

That is probably why I do not see many Chargers being added to the fleets down here..I see newer CVPI'S in most areas...A Leo told me the other day the Chargers need brakes and tires every 5K miles unlike the CVPI.

So, if there are enough orders, will they push out the cut off/end?

Ford Police Advisory Board was told that they cant push it any further because of parts availability and the agreement with CAW.

That said, originally it was August as the drop dead date and thats been pushed till mid September.

The 2012 NHTSA Roof Crush Standards are whats driving this platforms death so Im not sure if there is a cut-off date for how long Ford can produce a vehicle that doesnt meet these standards.

• 2 weeks later...