Chrysler Auto Workers in Trenton Caught Smoking and Drinking During Lunch Breaks

kpc655

Again at chrysler...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/chrysler-workers-in-trenton-caught-smoking-and-drinking-during-lunch-breaks-20110713-dk

I'm sympathetic to those that turned these guys in. they give the UAW a bad name and make a dangerous work environment even more dangerous. But i hate to see it plastered all over the news.

Edited by kpc655
  • Like 3

Obama has been embarrassed twice now!!!

These pukes make the remaining 99% of us look bad

Obama will demand mandatory drug and alcohol screening in the GM and Chrysler contracts

We will be mandated also.

Drug and alcohol abuse in our work place needs to stop

• Like 3

Again at chrysler...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/chrysler-workers-in-trenton-caught-smoking-and-drinking-during-lunch-breaks-20110713-dk

I'm sympathetic to those that turned these guys in. they give the UAW a bad name and make a dangerous work environment even more dangerous. But i hate to see it plastered all over the news.

No one said anyting when Bush was drunk in the white house. This is double standard at its best!

• Like 1

Die is out of talking points now. Your just going to have to wait till ACORN gives him some more. He's lost all credibility anyways. Where is aces? He was at least entertaining, this moron is clueless and contradicts him self way to much.

• Like 2

No one said anyting when Bush was drunk in the white house. This is double standard at its best!

Thats a big stretch for a small mind but no suprise.

I think the only good you might possibly be is an organ donor at some point.

Chrysler-

I hope the people involved all get fired.

Its nice our tax dollars bailed out the competition and some of them will give all union workes a bad name.

Thats a big stretch for a small mind but no suprise.

I think the only good you might possibly be is an organ donor at some point.

Chrysler-

I hope the people involved all get fired.

Its nice our tax dollars bailed out the competition and some of them will give all union workes a bad name.

I just dont think they deserve to be fired. A forty and a bag of pretzels is gonna make u drunk? What if I went to a bar and had a burger and a beer like some folks in other industries?..That one dude was a falling down alky...but he was drinking BEFORE work....its a societal problem

• Like 1

Again at chrysler...

kpc655---Is that you Vince Cola? Did you have your hand in this one too? For anyone who don't know---- all this news shit started at Ford. 2280. The evidence looks pretty compelling that it was their current President Vince Cola that did the same shit to the Chairman. it was right after all that shit came down that the entire Ford system went on lockdown. This is one thing we shouldn't blame Obama for. You should all be blaming Vince Cola. Now word is Lance Adams and Rob Miller both had hands in it, but you won't find any doubt the drots were given to the news by Vince Cola, he would copy them and put them in a binder, you could see the three holes on the paper the news guy was holding. Real smart Vince.---- to bad for your plant the proof didn't come out before you punks were elected.

• Like 3

Did I miss where Obama was blamed for this? In now way shape or form should he be blamed for the idiots who did this. I dont know who Vincent or others you mentioned are. I would hope somebody would try and get someone help rather than turn it over to the media. A few bad apples do make us all look bad, either get them help or let them get burnt on their own. The only exception would be if they are putting others at risk.

Did I miss where Obama was blamed for this? In now way shape or form should he be blamed for the idiots who did this. I dont know who Vincent or others you mentioned are. I would hope somebody would try and get someone help rather than turn it over to the media. A few bad apples do make us all look bad, either get them help or let them get burnt on their own. The only exception would be if they are putting others at risk.

Empire brought Obama in it with drug testing for all---and of course that prompted someone to drag Bush and the whitehouse in. agree should not be turned over to the media. This is all union revenge, brother on brother and its all bull shit. Those guys all claim to be union and then they f-ck theirs brothers to get ahead. Has nothing to do with helping any one or keeping the plant safe it's all about revenge, that ends up hurting all of us not to mention their families.

• Like 4

kpc655---Is that you Vince Cola? Did you have your hand in this one too? For anyone who don't know---- all this news shit started at Ford. 2280. The evidence looks pretty compelling that it was their current President Vince Cola that did the same shit to the Chairman. it was right after all that shit came down that the entire Ford system went on lockdown. This is one thing we shouldn't blame Obama for. You should all be blaming Vince Cola. Now word is Lance Adams and Rob Miller both had hands in it, but you won't find any doubt the drots were given to the news by Vince Cola, he would copy them and put them in a binder, you could see the three holes on the paper the news guy was holding. Real smart Vince.---- to bad for your plant the proof didn't come out before you punks were elected.

not sure why bush or obama was brought in to this.

maybe those 2 guys can answer for themselves.

I have a few questions. Feel like answering them and hijcking the thread or not?

1. The binder accusation was out long before the election. I heard it at Van Dyke before the election, but you weren't here to know that right?

2. Did you know that some Rouge people were followed before Van Dyke people were?

3. Wasn't Lance and Jim still buddies then? Lance wasn't a Robb supporter then in any conversation i had.

5. You know its Mod's own fault? If your not making mistakes and letting your people leave at 11 for the day while still getting paid you don't have an issue.

6. Where do you actually work and exactly why do you keep getting into 2280 politics if you don't work there?

Man, that was quick---are you the only one they can get to defend them?

I work at 228, have for a long time. I used to work with Cola, he knows who I am----come out from under his desk and use the one brain cell you got left---The topic was---turning people in----the lock down came after Vince Cola(allegedly, feel better?) called the news on a fellow union brother, has nothing to do with 2280 politics, Vince got the whole system locked-----so are you saying is because it happened before it was ok for Vince to do it? Are you saying it is ok for a union brother to turn in a union brother? So it's Mod's fault? So by your theory if you make a mistake you should be fired or have an "issue"--- Didn't YOU make a mistake and your union brother (MOD) save your job? Again-- Dick Breath your just repeating what you are told. No the proofs came out after your elections last year, I believe it was just rumor before that---As far as Lance----your clueless, he don't support anyone but himself, he was never a Mod supporter asshole. Not going into his or Millers involvement now just saying---when you f-ck with peoples jobs who supported you---they will turn on you. The question is--Do you think it's ok for a union brother to call the media on a fellow union brother for revenge or for political gain?---I guess you answer is YES.

• Like 4

Sorry but the people that were caught doing it are the ones that are making us look bad, plain and simple, don't blame the messenger.

Instead of taking care of a problem in house the whole world knows now. And you really think that was the smartest thing to do? We already have the whole world knowing how much we make what kinda bonuses we get. And now let's go to the news when we could've handled it a different way. So the whole world is going to assume most UAW members behave in that matter when that's the furtherest from the truth.

• Like 1

Instead of taking care of a problem in house the whole world knows now. And you really think that was the smartest thing to do? We already have the whole world knowing how much we make what kinda bonuses we get. And now let's go to the news when we could've handled it a different way. So the whole world is going to assume most UAW members behave in that matter when that's the furtherest from the truth.

Do the career screw up ever get terminated in house? Its next to impossible to get fired but some do and most of those get their jobs back. This is what hurts the image of ALL UAW workers. It too bad this situation happened but once the genie is out of the bottle its hard to put back. Face it a lot of the public (most since the majority is non-union) dislike the UAW for various reasons. Crap like this just reaffirms their dislike or distrust.

The merits of the case are is its factual and accurate or false. If true I am not going to shoot the messenger but don't blame others improper actions on the messenger. Drinking at lunch off premises is not smart. Smoking weed and reporting for work is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

Funny, I've been saying for years I think Ford and all the other auto companies need a mandatory drug screen policy.

I personally know 4 people that work my same shift that are heavy drinkers and dope smokers. Sorry but they put people working next to them at risk of injury.

Put yourself in the light blue shoes,

22 year old kid leaves for work, starts his shift and walks down the isle way heading for his line. Hi-lo comes around the corner and hits him pushing him right into an open or empty metal rack next to a cement isle barrier or rack stop, kid sits on the floor for 15 minutes waiting for someone to bring him to medial then take him to a hospital because half his arm is hanging off from being pushed up against a rack. Hospital amputates part of his arm and at the age of 22 kid loses his arm just trying to go to work for the very first time at a good job to support his newly prego girlfriend or wife..

This scenario isn't to far from reality.

Here is what the UAW/company should do:

Mandatory random drug screens for all workers including management. 1 drug screen should be conducted by the medical office per year for every employee. There should also be a form you can fill out in medial if you think someone is drinking on the job, the form will be anonymous and that person will be called down to medial for a piss exam.

All dope drug screens should be conducted through a blood test not a hair test.

As for the comments about Obama being blamed for this, his administration was the one that bailed out those auto companies. They got less money back on their stock then they should have. The american tax payer didn't make a dime on that stock. And Obama went to those factories saying how good they are when they are not.

I think if your stupid enough to go outside to the store and buy beer on your lunch break, drink it where nobody can see you like at the store and not at a vacant UAW parking lot.

As for the old guy with the drinking problem w/no driver's license since 1995, that dude needs help and he needs his car booted or impounded.

Good luck with that one. This is not the military! Just saying....

I do not smoke pot,however some of my friends and family members do. (along with15 million other Americans who smoke pot regularly). Depending on your metabolism and frequency of using , marijuana can stay in your system for 3-60 days.(looked it up)

so, like so many other Americans your sitting around a fire on a Saturday night drinking some beers , passing around a dooby and having a good time.Monday rolls around and you get up straight and sober,you go to work and BAM! You get called in for a mandatory D/A test. Whether you were smoking pot Saturday or just sitting amongst friends who were smoking pot ,you are going to fail your test.

In my opinion mandatory D/A test are a bad idea.You work your butt off all week and you cant party with your friends on a Saturday night.BULL!

Now us old folks like to sit around that fire and have a few beers reminiscing about the good old days. WE ether spend the night or the ol lady drives us home. Most of the time it takes more brews to get you happy than it did when you were younger, and it doesn't matter if it s Saturday or Sunday because college sports are on Saturday and the pros play Sunday and that goes hand in hand with beer.

So come Monday morning you get up for work and BAM! you have a little alcohol in your system.

So what we have here is your place of employment controlling your personal life.BULL!

As for drinking a beer or two on your unpaid lunch break.....guarantee management is doing it to. and i know that for a fact.I also think that people need to stop singling out auto workers all the time. It happens in ALL businesses in most countries.(Looked it up)

And one more thing..enough of the tax payers this the tax payers that crap! The American auto industry(Big three and the uaw) helped create the middle class.WE PAY TAXES! And all those benefits that allot of working Americans enjoy are a direct result of union negotiations.

• Like 2

I do not smoke pot,however some of my friends and family members do. (along with15 million other Americans who smoke pot regularly). Depending on your metabolism and frequency of using , marijuana can stay in your system for 3-60 days.(looked it up)

so, like so many other Americans your sitting around a fire on a Saturday night drinking some beers , passing around a dooby and having a good time.Monday rolls around and you get up straight and sober,you go to work and BAM! You get called in for a mandatory D/A test. Whether you were smoking pot Saturday or just sitting amongst friends who were smoking pot ,you are going to fail your test.

In my opinion mandatory D/A test are a bad idea.You work your butt off all week and you cant party with your friends on a Saturday night.BULL!

Now us old folks like to sit around that fire and have a few beers reminiscing about the good old days. WE ether spend the night or the ol lady drives us home. Most of the time it takes more brews to get you happy than it did when you were younger, and it doesn't matter if it s Saturday or Sunday because college sports are on Saturday and the pros play Sunday and that goes hand in hand with beer.

So come Monday morning you get up for work and BAM! you have a little alcohol in your system.

So what we have here is your place of employment controlling your personal life.BULL!

As for drinking a beer or two on your unpaid lunch break.....guarantee management is doing it to. and i know that for a fact.I also think that people need to stop singling out auto workers all the time. It happens in ALL businesses in most countries.(Looked it up)

And one more thing..enough of the tax payers this the tax payers that crap! The American auto industry(Big three and the uaw) helped create the middle class.WE PAY TAXES! And all those benefits that allot of working Americans enjoy are a direct result of union negotiations.

Lol.

Drinking beer is not illegal or a problem unless your coming to work or back to work impaired.

Weed IS illegal. Even if it was legal if you come to work or return to work impaired is it really worth a good paying job?

Your decision.

• Like 1

The sad truth is whoever called the news to turn in these people violated the Constitution, instead of calling the news they should have contacted their local union. We have an ESSP rep for a reason same with benefits rep. We all could have stories about people getting a buzz at work but at least let the proccess set in place for substance abuse be used first.

Now maybe those that called the news tried to tell the union officials first that I can not say for sure, but if not shame on them we are suppose to look out for one another not rat them out because we are sick of their behavior.

Shit like this in the news does nothing good for anyone in the long run, it reafirms general perception that most factory workers are overpaid drunks or druggies. Truth be told most are not, and those that have problems with substance abuse need help not more problems.

• Like 1

What good is an ESSP rep? they are never in the building or don't do anything for you when they are.. That position is an appointed one and whoever has it, sits at home all day and collects 50 bucks an hour. Besides an ESSP or UAW rep has no jurisdiction over a public parking lot, or liquor store for that matter. I can just see someone calling the union office and telling the guy answering the phone (come down to line 10) Pete, John, Terry, Trish, Mark and Tracy are all out drinking and smoking at lunch, ya know what the Union rep will do as soon as he hangs up? laugh at you.

As for the guy calling the news, he feels there is a safety concern, and if I truly had a harder job that these assholes, busting my ass for 10 hours and assholes get 10 extra minutes to come in off lunches and breaks because they are team leaders, or hi-lo drivers, then you bet your ass I'm going to turn them in.

Well considering that twice in 10 months UAW workers where caught on camera useing and then going to work, I highly doubt any ESSP rep or any union official would take anyones concerns lightly. If you have a problem with your ESSP rep then i suggest you bring that issue up at a meeting, if there is no resolution then take it up with the region and then International. The biggest problem is people are scared to step up and actually voice their opinion, instead like in this case they choose to remain anonymous and let a fellow worker lose their job instead of trying first to let elements in place do the jobs they are in place for.

Sure they had jurisdiction, they where drinking and smoking at the Locals fucking parking lot, what more jurisdiction do they need to go talk with these workers ?

The caller could have also talked with the Health and Safety rep as well, if it truely was a health and safety concern the rep would have an obligation to the rest of the workers once notified about the problem to act. Again too many are scared of actually doing the right thing unless they know know one will find out who it was.

You sir may need to actually read your Constitution and see what being a member to a union actually is required of you, unless of course you are salaried then that would put you in a position to actually do something about a concern of this nature in which case you can make the call to medical yourself.

I do not smoke dope. I don't drink either. Not even occasionally. I don't need it, and that is my choice.

Somebody having a joint or a beer at lunch in any given parking lot, may it be at Chrysler/ Gm /Ford, does not bother me as long as it does not effect me. And it hasn't.

If those activities are a problem, the employer should be the one dealing with it.

Not a Rat and definitely Not the news media.

What effects us way worse then those, having a beer/joint ( I'm not to judge if that's a good or bad thing ) , is those , that have the need to feel important at the expense of a brother and make the call to the news.

Shame on you!

Edited by Pete
  • Like 3

They were on their own time and off company property.So they had a couple of beers with lunch.Think Salaried people dont?The people smoking,,,,how do I know it was marijuana?Marijuana is illegal according to the 'thought/behavior police'.I see it as internal plant politics being played out in the media and once again the working-class people who are powerless get hammered.Totally unnecessary.The co-workers{if they were hourly} who turned them in should have complained to their union first.I did that once and the problem was solved.Good job of making us all look bad.

• Like 1