Alan Mulally on David Letterman tonight

Oh crap...you know I've had a busy day when I get the weather from someone's picture they posted. It's raining! Crappy commute home tonight.

I'll DVR this, looks like it should be good. He's a good speaker. I'm a little put off that he is not wearing a red sweater though. ;)

Was anybody else watching?

I LOVED the roar of applause from the audience as soon as Alan talked about the "full family of electric cars made right here in the USA", before the curtain was lifted to show a gorgeous light blue Focus Electric.

Yes it did get a lot of applause, but I think the comment that Ford did not take any government bail out money got even a little more. People still remember. ;)

• Like 2

Yes it did get a lot of applause, but I think the comment that Ford did not take any government bail out money got even a little more. People still remember. ;)

The way he talks about himself as "part of the team" instead of being "in charge" is what people really relate to. I am very thankful we don't have Coke Can Dan speaking on our behalf! :hysterical:

• Like 1

Just remember that they hit the "applause" sign when they want the audience to clap.

Still, a good interview. And no doubt good PR for FoMoCo.

Just remember that they hit the "applause" sign when they want the audience to clap.

Still, a good interview. And no doubt good PR for FoMoCo.

In spite of that, his welcome had very little applause...sort of like - what is this guy doing here gong on after a hot young actress.

Talking about Boeing garnered some more applause. Dave himself, implied - why would anyone go from Boeing to Ford...

I think this whole thing works a lot better with Leno, because of his love for cars. All in all, the Focus was cool and models were hot. Very good job overall by AM.