UAW & GM have a tentative agreement!

jpd2

Its two early to attack the tentative agreement or to proclaim it an earth shattering one either. But i am pleased to see a couple of things.

1. They saved a plant. Thats alot of union brothers/sisters who won't be gone.

2. The two tier people got raises. In my book that is the most important thing these contracts needed to address.

Where in the posted article do you see that the second tier get a raise with this agreement? that is not listed anywhere that I have been able to find.

• Like 1

Nice. People speculating about what is actually in the agreement and what is not. Priceless.

Im with you Twincam

I am happy have read the following so far:

1) $5,000 bonus

2) Improvements in retirement

3) Improved health care

4) Raises for Entry Level

5) Profit Sharing Improvement (hopefully quarterly)

6) Product investments (supposed to be a huge investment)

7) In sourcing work from other countries

So far thats all I can verify. If I find more out I will post. This is great agreement so far. The IUAW certainly gave the GM employees a great future.

This sounds good so far but we need to see the language :hyper:

• Like 4

The paper says up to $3hr over 4 yrs. I say give them $2, and us $1 raise over 4yrs.

Your response is really misguided. The link to the article is here--

http://www.freep.com/article/20110917/BUSINESS0101/309170004/GM-UAW-tentative-deal-5-000-signing-bonus-more-jobs-2nd-tier-wage-hike?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

From the article:"Workers will receive a $5,000 signing bonus, second-tier workers will receive a wage increase of about $3 over four years and profit sharing will be sweetened under the new deal that the UAW and General Motors reached late last night, people familiar with the plan told the Free Press.

The deal will also add new jobs, including about 400 at Warren powertrain and an untold number at other facilities, including Romulus powertrain, Wentzville, Mo., and Spring Hill, Tenn., which will reopen, two of the people said."

Bob King has stated over and over he wanted to bring up Entry Level wages. The negotiators at GM seemed to accomplish that goal. That was also a complaint from some Legacy workers who wanted to bring Entry Level to Legacy wages in one shot which would decimate any new work opportunities we could get.

The UAW negotiated job security and new work and increased Entry Level pay--that is great news. To me, the #1 priority for the UAW at GM, Chrysler and Ford is to retain our current work and bring in new work at our current level of pay and increasing our brothers and sisters who are Entry Level. In that case, great job. If we get new work at Ford, that's a YES vote for me.

• Like 5

http://www.freep.com/article/20110917/BUSINESS0101/309170004/GM-UAW-tentative-deal-5-000-signing-bonus-more-jobs-2nd-tier-wage-hike?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

From the article:"Workers will receive a $5,000 signing bonus, second-tier workers will receive a wage increase of about $3 over four years and profit sharing will be sweetened under the new deal that the UAW and General Motors reached late last night, people familiar with the plan told the Free Press.

The deal will also add new jobs, including about 400 at Warren powertrain and an untold number at other facilities, including Romulus powertrain, Wentzville, Mo., and Spring Hill, Tenn., which will reopen, two of the people said."

Bob King has stated over and over he wanted to bring up Entry Level wages. The negotiators at GM seemed to accomplish that goal. That was also a complaint from some Legacy workers who wanted to bring Entry Level to Legacy wages in one shot which would decimate any new work opportunities we could get.

The UAW negotiated job security and new work and increased Entry Level pay--that is great news. To me, the #1 priority for the UAW at GM, Chrysler and Ford is to retain our current work and bring in new work at our current level of pay and increasing our brothers and sisters who are Entry Level. In that case, great job. If we get new work at Ford, that's a YES vote for me.

I would have never even dreamed that the IUAW could negotiate all of these gains. No wonder King left sergio hanging, he was making some huge gains at GM............... I will contain my excitement until I see details. If this is true GM will be an American manufacturing icon once again

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • Like 5

a home run??? Are you out of your mind? No raise, no cola, no Christmas bonus, no overtime after 8 hours, no break time returned on & on & on. What exactly did they get back? The promise of product at one plant? Please.

If your on a 5x8 schedule you do get ot after 8 hours if you hit 40 for the week.

Why would you go to the IUAW meeting without educating yourself first?

That is where you get further detail, intent and understand the language with the IUAW.

The committeemen, bargaining reps, chairmen, presidents, vice presidents, recording secretaries, finacial secretaries all get copies. I have always went to the local and/or committee room to follow up on the highlights and other changes.

I would think over the past contracts you would have educated yourself before showing up at a IUAW meeting without having educated yourself first.

WOW! Walk away from the pc for a few hours and the thread explodes.

If you would read my post in it's entirety you'd see I have specifically asked to be able to "educate myself" as soon as possible. I prefer to read the documents personally. I'm kind of a technical reader and I watched L.A. Law for years, so I feel I am competent to fully analyze complex legal documents.

I what to know what's in in before I sign it.....and not just what my "rep." tells me.

You "educate yourself" how you wish, I intend to read from the direct language that the union and the company will hold me responsible to live by. Not what "Joe Blow" told me.

Misguided? The same article I read, you posted. 2nd tier will get up to $3 raise over 4yrs. I said give them $2 raise and give us the other dollar over 4 yrs. How's that misguided?

• Like 1

Be careful my friend. We need to see the details. It appears that the UAW did negotiate a very nice contract. If it is also true that the profit sharing formula has changed to increase the amount we would receive--that is also a good deal.

• Like 5

I love how the company and IUAW came in here and struck down everyone's comments about this so called agreement.

5k????

you gotta be kidding me, like said above, this will never pass after what we gave up and what is now due.

Some are saying "past couple of years" people it's been 2004 or 2005 since we got a raise, you better keep adding some more years on your "past couple of years" ...

THIS is A NO VOTE!

SORRY but a strike is the only answer here people.

The first tentative agreement is usually a low ball anyway.

People remember it's our generation we need to worry about, get the money while your a live, why worry about your kid's jobs at ford, there isn't going to be any jobs down the road anyway, so get this money now while you can. A strike will force the company into giving us the POT!.

If you vote yes on this 5k deal for 4 years that's 4 years more with no COLA, NO RAISES and no middle class way of life!.

Think about people, your middle classs and retirement way of life is being offered up on a platter here while the ceo's take millions of pay each year and give nothing back!.

Alan got 12.5 million this year in pay, multiply that by 4 years, that's over 40 million, then tack on the pay for people like Mark Fields, it is 100 million of our money that is going to the way side and you wanna settle for 5 thousand dollars!!

this is un heard of, a despicable low ball offer and an insult.

LOL. Members can't actually be for this! Hey, I'm surprised you took your mouth off Gary's dick long enough to type this crap. Oh, you better be quiet, Gary's mom might hear you!

Edited by Don't Tread on Me
  • Like 6

LOL. Members can't actually be for this! Hey, I'm surprised you took your mouth off Gary's dick long enough to type this crap. Oh, you better be quiet, Gary's mom might hear you!

every post i see of yours you bring up Gary, I think you have a man crush on him.

• Like 3

Gary unlike you has a brain union stooge.Prediction this will be voted down.Better to trust in arbitration than Bob King.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 3

I love how the company and IUAW came in here and struck down everyone's comments about this so called agreement.

5k????

you gotta be kidding me, like said above, this will never pass after what we gave up and what is now due.

Some are saying "past couple of years" people it's been 2004 or 2005 since we got a raise, you better keep adding some more years on your "past couple of years" ...

THIS is A NO VOTE!

SORRY but a strike is the only answer here people.

The first tentative agreement is usually a low ball anyway.

People remember it's our generation we need to worry about, get the money while your a live, why worry about your kid's jobs at ford, there isn't going to be any jobs down the road anyway, so get this money now while you can. A strike will force the company into giving us the POT!.

If you vote yes on this 5k deal for 4 years that's 4 years more with no COLA, NO RAISES and no middle class way of life!.

Think about people, your middle classs and retirement way of life is being offered up on a platter here while the ceo's take millions of pay each year and give nothing back!.

Alan got 12.5 million this year in pay, multiply that by 4 years, that's over 40 million, then tack on the pay for people like Mark Fields, it is 100 million of our money that is going to the way side and you wanna settle for 5 thousand dollars!!

this is un heard of, a despicable low ball offer and an insult.

Thanks for the update CHUCKIE. I can see for myself without your stupidity and anti-anti drivel

Welcome back Chuckie

• Like 7

Gary unlike you has a brain union stooge.Prediction this will be voted down.Better to trust in arbitration than Bob King.

I have read Gary's fliers. He leaves out a lot of information. His fliers aren't accurate or true. If he has a brain, he's not using it. You aren't too bright if you would rather leave up negotiations to an arbitrator. Have you ever been to court when the judge determines the final outcome? If you have, most times you get screwed. If the UAW went that route, you would be complaining they went to arbitration. There is no winning with you guys. You DTP boys are messed up with your dumb and selfish thinking.

• Like 9

It's still a long process. The Local Chairman have to be called to Detroit and vote on acceptance as members of the National Ford Dept. of the UAW, then there is the Regional meeting in Indy were more explaination is given, then there is the local meeting where the highlights are given to the membership a few days before we vote on the "Highlights", then months later we get a copy of the real contract! :banghead::finger: :blah:

I'm sure the process wont take that long. Last Ford regular negotiation they had the reps in Motor City the week the tentative agreement was reached. To Clarify my earlier statement. GM, and Chrysler need to complete their ratification process before Ford's tentative deal is released. Ford still has the right to strike, and I have a feeling the workers at the other two domestics will once again be salty once they see the differences. The ball is in the I-UAW Dept. of Ford's court. If they didn't drop it, once the other two have been locked in, they can settle on better terms. If Ford had led, the other two could not meet the same obligations, and they could not strike to demand the same.

Time will tell. I just would not agree to concessions with the companies current position. First off Ford is building some of the hottest vehicles on the market now. (Vehicles people want to buy!) They have improved efficiency, quality, and are not only profitable, but with a bright future. COLA please!

• Like 1

Company leadership would love us to be happy with a $5000 "signing bonus". If you think that makes up for all that has been given back the last two contracts then you have been fooled! :finger:

You still have a job that pays better then any other for performing the same type of work. I wouldn't get cocky, I just wouldn't settle for any less then a COLA reinstatement, and for the VEBA to be shored up on the company dime once the COLA was reinstated, and modest raises for the low tier. Oh yeah, and I damn sure would not accept any concessions on the out of pocket medical care costs. Once the new medical care bill completely takes effect they should be paying less for your medical, while you are agreeing to pay more as per contract.

• Like 2

If we dont get anything back im voting NO.Just a little bit more on a signing bonus is not going to get it for me.If we get what GM got that will be CRAP

I don't know where you get your information, but from what has been leaked the UAW got product for their plants (job security), an increase in Entry Level wage, a signing bonus and profit sharing based on North American profits so far. The job security is a lot more than "just a little bit". I would guess all our brothers and sisters at plants that need work would be happy to get product.

• Like 5