Equity of Sacrifice Grievance

trailfndr

I have to wonder why this grievance has taken so very long to get to this stage. I know that Arbitration can take time, but please...this is ridiculous.

I know the IUAW would like to "Negotiate" a settlement as part of the contract, as they say its the better option, and I can see how that would be a lot better for the IUAW....if it is settled as a grievance, YOU and I get paid as a correction, to our normal paychecks, have it taxed at the lower rate, AND...The IUAW doesn't get 1.15% of that money.,..

Add it to a "Signing Bonus" (which is just another way of adding to the coffers of the IUAW) and they receive a very large sum of money from you and I. Not to mention that we lose even more to higher "Bonus" taxes

If the settlement is 2000.00 (just using the number as an example) The IUAW will recieve 23.00 from each of us, multiplied by 40,000 workers = $920,000 No wonder they want the big signing bonuses...

If we were to receive the 10K number that I have heard so many times, the IUAW will receive $115.00 from each worker for a total of $4,600,000 It is little wonder what’s really seems to be happening here...The IUAW is planning on a HUGE windfall.

Edited to fix typos

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 4

I have to wonder why this grievance has taken so very long to get to this stage. I know that Arbitration can take time, but please...this is ridiculous.

I know the IUAW would like to "Negotiate" a settlement as part of the contract, as they say its the better option, and I can see how that would be a lot better for the IUAW....if it is settled as a grievance, YOU and I get paid as a correction, to our normal paychecks, have it taxed at the lower rate, AND...The IUAW doesn't get 1.15% of that money...

Add it to a "Signing Bonus" (which is just another way of adding to the coffers of the IUAW) and they receive a very large sum of money from you and I. Not to mention that we lose even more to higher "Bonus" taxes

If the settlement is 2000.00 (just using the number as an example) The IUAW will recieve 23.00 from each of us, multiplied by 40,000 workers = $1,840,000,000 No wonder they want the big signing bonuses...

If we were to receive the 10K number that I have heard so many times, the IUAW will receive $115.00 from each worker for a total of $46,000,000,000 It is little wonder what’s really seems to be happening here...The IUAW is planning on a HUGE windfall.

How do you "KNOW" all of this? Sounds like another asshole starting another rumor on this site to stir up the membership. Hey, why don't you try talking to your chairman or president on this issue and stop putting out this bullshit?

• Like 8

How do you "KNOW" all of this? Sounds like another asshole starting another rumor on this site to stir up the membership. Hey, why don't you try talking to your chairman or president on this issue and stop putting out this bullshit?

Read your contract and the UAW bylaws. IUAW gets 1.15% of all negotiated bonuses. Been that way for a very long time.

They don't get anything from grievence payments.. And I never said that I "KNOW " that this was the reason for the delays.. I clearly stated that it made me wonder if it was possible.

• Like 2

Wait a minute lets see here 40,000 x 2000 = 80,000,000 and 23 x 40000 = 920,000 so how you get these billion dollar numbers??????? Please check your math before you start pointing fingers bro!!!! I think your fingers added one to many zeros.

You are correct...My aplologies for having "fat finger syndrome" once in a while...typos do happen...I fixed it.

• Like 2

I love conspiracy theory posts.

Everything the union does is only to make them more money. Organizing, contracts, grievances.

I just don't buy into that.

You are right. The original poster sounds like a right wing Tea Party fucktard. Wonders about the EOS grievance, doesn't have a clue about it and then bitches about the IUAW getting a whopping 1.15%. I bet this dipshit is a trouble maker in the plant and the union always bails this asshole out.

• Like 8

A little sensitive, aren't we?

I see nothing wrong with this sharing of, what is obviously the authors opinion, conjecture for us to debate. He never stated his opinion as fact. He stated he "KNEW" such and such, knowledge from his individual intellectual judgment, not claiming to have back channel info from his sister-in-law's gardener's brother's classmate's nephew's dog washer's dental assistant's manicurist's neighbor who works in Solidarity House.

It's just speculation and we know it, or should.

This site is not, nor ever should be, anyone's sole source of information. We all should use our own reasoning power to anticipate the effect of plausible events and to be prepared to act on those events based on forethought, mature judgment and ultimately, trusted factual information when available.Bearing in mind that often, all the facts are seldom revealed or when they are offered, bear the weight of critical review.

Or are you suggesting our fellow employees are too dim-witted to be trusted to be intelligent enough to wade through all this? Remember, either way, they get a vote.

• Like 1

How about you try this- Call Your Own F--king chairman and get some answers since other chairman's are not saying what you want to hear.

• Like 3

You are right. The original poster sounds like a right wing Tea Party fucktard. Wonders about the EOS grievance, doesn't have a clue about it and then bitches about the IUAW getting a whopping 1.15%. I bet this dipshit is a trouble maker in the plant and the union always bails this asshole out.

I am none of the above. Just a hard working , former UAW plant rep that has seen enough in over 20 years to put two and two together and make four. I didn't run for a second term after all the crap I saw in four short years. The only fact that I posted was the amount of your bonus the IUAW will get, and the fact that if it is settled as a grievance, they do not get that money. Take it for what its worth.

I get damned tired of US taking cuts and the IUAW giving themselves raises, of US being the scapegoats for everything form profits being down, to costs being up. Of IUAW appointees being some of the worst reps in the plants, and the membership of those plants having no say in the process. It’s easy to not do your job on the plant floor, while kissing ass at the IUAW to get a nice cushy appointment.

Of IUAW trying to push concessions down our throats while we all knew Ford was making a profit (which was confirmed just a few short days later) IUAW knew it too...and still they tried to screw the membership. I am sorry that I don't feel as you do, I simply have seen enough to know better than to put any faith in these so called leaders. And now that the IUAW is a part owner...I fear them even more.

You can have, and are fully entitled to your own opinion. I just don't have to follow along like a sheep and agree with it. UAW needs to get back to the basics from which it was founded, or they are going to cease to exist at some point in the not so distant future. Already here in Michigan, the Republican legislators are planning to introduce a right to work bill for the entire state. How do you think that will affect us?

So I post some accurate Information, and a little speculation…so what, I know the facts are there, you can read them. Take it anyway you want, I really don’t give a damn. But I WILL continue to post what I feel is relevant to ALL ford UAW members.

And just for the record, I have NEVER been in trouble at Ford. The UAW has never had to bail me out of anything, and never will. I show up on time each and every day, and do my job to the best of my ability, I don't kiss ass, and don't ask for anything other than my local contract be followed. If you have a problem with someone doing that, theyn maybe YOU are the one that has the real problem.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 3

We have had rumors in my plant on the Equity of Sacrifice grievance. I went and talked with my chairman about it. His answer--it is going to Arbitration. Don't know how we get "answers" from one plant while other plant chairmen are telling us it is going to Arbitration. Can anyone explain that one to me? Btw--I'll take my chairman's word for it way before I take it from the plant that spawned Gary (just vote NO) Walkowicz.

• Like 4

I am none of the above. Just a hard working , former UAW plant rep that has seen enough in over 20 years to put two and two together and make four. I didn't run for a second term after all the crap I saw in four short years. The only fact that I posted was the amount of your bonus the IUAW will get, and the fact that if it is settled as a grievance, they do not get that money. Take it for what its worth.

I get damned tired of US taking cuts and the IUAW giving themselves raises, of US being the scapegoats for everything form profits being down, to costs being up. Of IUAW appointees being some of the worst reps in the plants, and the membership of those plants having no say in the process. It’s easy to not do your job on the plant floor, while kissing ass at the IUAW to get a nice cushy appointment.

Of IUAW trying to push concessions down our throats while we all knew Ford was making a profit (which was confirmed just a few short days later) IUAW knew it too...and still they tried to screw the membership. I am sorry that I don't feel as you do, I simply have seen enough to know better than to put any faith in these so called leaders. And now that the IUAW is a part owner...I fear them even more.

You can have, and are fully entitled to your own opinion. I just don't have to follow along like a sheep and agree with it. UAW needs to get back to the basics from which it was founded, or they are going to cease to exist at some point in the not so distant future. Already here in Michigan, the Republican legislators are planning to introduce a right to work bill for the entire state. How do you think that will affect us?

So I post some accurate Information, and a little speculation…so what, I know the facts are there, you can read them. Take it anyway you want, I really don’t give a damn. But I WILL continue to post what I feel is relevant to ALL ford UAW members.

And just for the record, I have NEVER been in trouble at Ford. The UAW has never had to bail me out of anything, and never will. I show up on time each and every day, and do my job to the best of my ability, I don't kiss ass, and don't ask for anything other than my local contract be followed. If you have a problem with someone doing that, theyn maybe YOU are the one that has the real problem.

Sometimes u just can't be a voice for those who are completely blind. You are so right on so many levels and have the experience to be right in the thick of it as a rep. Sadly, most on here might be lower seniority, don't have families to feed and are o.k. with taking concessions. If they can afford less then ask them if they would like to give back some more to the company so others who don't want anymore concessions can breathe easy. Just Thursday a bill was passed in Michigan that dues will no longer be taken out of teachers paychecks anymore. Instead of an opt out plan if teachers do not want to belong to a union, now the State of Michigan will no longer deduct dues from any teacher whether they want to be union or not. Now if u want to be represented the member will have to write a check each month or maybe annually to be represented. Seniority means nothing anymore. Let's say a teacher has 10 years and the new hire has 1 year, if the one year teacher is making much less, who do u think the lay off will go to first, the one with 10 years of coarse. "They" say that won't happen??? Really? If the savings is $10, yes they would, we all know it would happen. Right to work is already in play, even if they say it is not. Did they advertise this about the teacher union membership, no. The quote was "what teacher wouldn't want extra money in their pocket? " What??? They were not thinking about teachers when they are now making them pay 20% of their health care. HIring for less for new teachers, seniority all but vanishing. Will this kind of thing ever happen to the private IUAW, who knows? But concessions were returned to everyone except the hard working U.A.W.

• Like 3

This site is not, nor ever should be, anyone's sole source of information. We all should use our own reasoning power to anticipate the effect of plausible events and to be prepared to act on those events based on forethought, mature judgment and ultimately, trusted factual information when available.Bearing in mind that often, all the facts are seldom revealed or when they are offered, bear the weight of critical review.

I have been trying to find these words for years.

Bulls eye!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the IUAW would like to "Negotiate" a settlement as part of the contract, as they say its the better option, and I can see how that would be a lot better for the IUAW....if it is settled as a grievance, YOU and I get paid as a correction, to our normal paychecks, have it taxed at the lower rate, AND...The IUAW doesn't get 1.15% of that money.,..

If the settlement is 2000.00 (just using the number as an example) The IUAW will recieve 23.00 from each of us, multiplied by 40,000 workers = $920,000 No wonder they want the big signing bonuses...

If we were to receive the 10K number that I have heard so many times, the IUAW will receive $115.00 from each worker for a total of $4,600,000 It is little wonder what’s really seems to be happening here...The IUAW is planning on a HUGE windfall.

Edited to fix typos

I was curious if there has been any further news on the grievance? I'm hoping they have some resolution prior to presenting us with a contract offer.

I was curious if there has been any further news on the grievance? I'm hoping they have some resolution prior to presenting us with a contract offer.

We have had rumors in my plant on the Equity of Sacrifice grievance. I went and talked with my chairman about it. His answer--it is going to Arbitration.

Go talk to your chairman. They will know about any updates. The last thing we were told by my chairman is that is was going to arbitration.

The talks i heard about the Equity of Sacrifice grievance, is that we have been wronged, but to the companies advantage, is that for a few years before that, salaried personal gave up so much more than the hourly, they are having a hard time justifying a cash value to union employees, since by the calculations, salaried gave up more for longer, and there is nothing in the contract that ties their lose or gains to ours. Long story short, we may not see anything from it. Our arguement is that its not fair, but there is no law or contract saying either way, so by law, legally no wrong doing has been done. Don't shoot the messenger, just spreading the rumor that i heard.

• Like 1

The talks i heard about the Equity of Sacrifice grievance, is that we have been wronged, but to the companies advantage, is that for a few years before that, salaried personal gave up so much more than the hourly, they are having a hard time justifying a cash value to union employees, since by the calculations, salaried gave up more for longer, and there is nothing in the contract that ties their lose or gains to ours. Long story short, we may not see anything from it. Our arguement is that its not fair, but there is no law or contract saying either way, so by law, legally no wrong doing has been done. Don't shoot the messenger, just spreading the rumor that i heard.

I heard it was going to arbitration. That was it.

In the salaried side, we got two raises since I came here in 2004. For newer hires like me, we don't get a pension or retiree health care. For the salaried employees who have been here longer, there health care costs have gone from $50-100 a month (taken out of their paychecks) to $300-500 a month. Some salaried are paying almost an extra $5,000 per year out of their paychecks and this doesn't include co-pays and deductibles. Plus, prescription coverage sucks. Many drugs aren't covered and we have to pay the full price. Life insurance took a hit. Other benefits we get, if we pay for them.

• Like 2

How much does salaried people make a year?

Salaried make varying amounts based on their grade level. For example GSR (General Salary Roll) has grades 1-8. Management has LL6-LL1. Management makes a lot more than any GSR. The GSR pay rates are confidential and cannot be posted. However, I make about $60,000 per year as a GSR 6. That is $60,000 prior to taxes and benefits coming out of my check. I don't get paid overtime even though I average roughly 10 hours per week. If I am on a launch, I work upwards of 80-90 hours without overtime. So, if you break it down that I make $1,150 per week. That should be based on 40 hours or about $26.25 an hour. But, since I work an extra 10 hours a week and don't get overtime, my hourly rate of pay drops to $23.00. Then you need to subtract my taxes and benefits on top of that.

• Like 1

Salaried make varying amounts based on their grade level. For example GSR (General Salary Roll) has grades 1-8. Management has LL6-LL1. Management makes a lot more than any GSR. The GSR pay rates are confidential and cannot be posted. However, I make about $60,000 per year as a GSR 6. That is $60,000 prior to taxes and benefits coming out of my check. I don't get paid overtime even though I average roughly 10 hours per week. If I am on a launch, I work upwards of 80-90 hours without overtime. So, if you break it down that I make $1,150 per week. That should be based on 40 hours or about $26.25 an hour. But, since I work an extra 10 hours a week and don't get overtime, my hourly rate of pay drops to $23.00. Then you need to subtract my taxes and benefits on top of that.

Who cares general salary rat (GSR) whatever.......quit

• Like 2