Evos/Mustang

timmm55

Eh, they managed just fine in the 80's and 90's. While certainly not similar looking, there's no mistaking fox bodies and SN95's for anything else.

I had 2 different fox body Mustangs and 1 SN95. For me the beauty of the fox body was the engine, not the exterior. I feel exactly the opposite about the SN95 models. They brought some curves to the Mustang but failed to give it any guts. Hopefully the current design team can bring together a beautiful body with the latest 5.0 and create an amazing car. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought four Mustang 5.0s in the '80s - '82 GT hatchback 4 speed, '84 GT convertible 5 speed, '85 GT convertible 5 speed, and '89 LX hatchback automatic. The '85 with its 210 HP, its Holley 4 bbl, and its true dual exhaust was by far the best with the best performance, sound, ride, and handling.

Edited by T'Cal
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the mustang badge and almost threw up in my mouth. I thought maybe it was me so without any prompting I asked 4 other guys in the shop what they thought about the next gen mustang.

Ewww, they ruined the mustang.

THAT'S a mustang? That's nothing like a mustang.

Has a camaro hood and front fenders

Has Challenger tailights

The backend is weird looking

The mustang is going hatchback again?

That looks like an import.

That looks like a mustang built by mazda.

Of course at that point the whole import/mazda owns ford etc type ribbing started and all sane talk stopped.

The unanamous thought though was "that ain't a mustang" and "they'll ruin mustang if they build it like that.

I saw the mustang badge and almost threw up in my mouth. I thought maybe it was me so without any prompting I asked 4 other guys in the shop what they thought about the next gen mustang.

Ewww, they ruined the mustang.

THAT'S a mustang? That's nothing like a mustang.

Has a camaro hood and front fenders

Has Challenger tailights

The backend is weird looking

The mustang is going hatchback again?

That looks like an import.

That looks like a mustang built by mazda.

Of course at that point the whole import/mazda owns ford etc type ribbing started and all sane talk stopped.

The unanamous thought though was "that ain't a mustang" and "they'll ruin mustang if they build it like that.

A small pool.

Anyway, now I doubt the Evos IS the next Mustang..it was basically a Fusion teaser.

post-19198-0-53950300-1319488324_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A small pool.

Anyway, now I doubt the Evos IS the next Mustang..it was basically a Fusion teaser.

Duh, read it wrong. OK if it was NOT the next mustang, it's a "different" way to go. Eh, whatever. But get rid of the mustang side "C".

That would be the mustangII of the new generation...or the probe/mustang that almost was. :confused:

Duh, read it wrong. OK if it was NOT the next mustang, it's a "different" way to go. Eh, whatever. But get rid of the mustang side "C".

That would be the mustangII of the new generation...or the probe/mustang that almost was. :confused:

Or the 1994 when they brought back the "C" sculpt.......after the 79-93 flat sided Mustang.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, shanedr99 said:

I'm looking at a 2019 Mustang Ecoboost. What are your opinions on this car for a daily driver?

Hi Shane. You would have been better off starting your own thread for your question, instead of posting it in an old thread about Mustang concepts, but here goes: A Mustang EcoBoost, or any Mustang for that matter, would make a fine daily driver (unless your daily drive is off-road?). I would say go ahead and get one.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.