Your top 3 contract issues

lquidspine

I am just curious what everyone thinks should be priority for this contract, I am not looking for a debate but mainly looking to get an idea of what people here feel should be the IUAW priorities.

1. Product commitments; while these are always subject to market conditions without these we have no language to fill our plants.

2. Entry Level Increases; The bottom line is until new workers are at our pay and benefits rate we are all at risk down the road for retirement losses.

3. SUB / TAP equal for all; With JSP gone ( I do not believe it will be back) the only protection we have for "market conditions" that are unfavorable is this program. I view this as one of our biggest losses in the March Mods, having tiered SUB weeks is just as un-union as entry level tiers are.

Those are just my thoughts now to see everyone elses.

Please note i listed those in my order of importance, Empire and Grim take a carefull look at what I put at the top of my list for reference please.

• Like 1

(1) ALL PRODUCTS TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE UNITED STATES (more products here creates employment and brings those who are laid off back to work.

(2) 401K Match for the hourly employees. The company should want all employees to invest in the company not just the SALARIED!! This makes up also for pension shortfalls or social security shortfalls when employees want to retire. It hopefully will allow people enough to retire on time and not prolong retirement taking up space for new entries into the workforce.

(3) The truth is that wages have remained stagnant for the veteran hourly in this company while we have all had significant increases in the cost of living expenses in our lives minus buying a house. If it is Equity of Sacrifice that was agreed to then DO IT!!! If you returned promises of performance bonuses, 401K match, and a better profit sharing formula to the salaried folks then do it for your hourly workforce as well. Those who build the product. Thousands walked out by volunteering to take a buyout, a decent salary upfront but reduced long term debt in the millions.

(4) I know we can only ask for 3 but this contract should include a clause that says "NO -reopening of a signed contract" period. Make the contract 3 years then instead of 4.

I am just curious what everyone thinks should be priority for this contract, I am not looking for a debate but mainly looking to get an idea of what people here feel should be the IUAW priorities.

1. Product commitments; while these are always subject to market conditions without these we have no language to fill our plants.

2. Entry Level Increases; The bottom line is until new workers are at our pay and benefits rate we are all at risk down the road for retirement losses.

3. SUB / TAP equal for all; With JSP gone ( I do not believe it will be back) the only protection we have for "market conditions" that are unfavorable is this program. I view this as one of our biggest losses in the March Mods, having tiered SUB weeks is just as un-union as entry level tiers are.

Please note i listed those in my order of importance, Empire and Grim take a carefull look at what I put at the top of my list for reference please.

1) Product commitments I agree is collectively the most important. It is our true job security program

2) Entry level, contentious as it is will not go away until our politicians enforce a real trade policy. The increases negotiated shows the IUAW will continue to make strides in closing the gap. A true #2 priority

3) Sub and TAP is important and product commitments make having to utilize this safety net less and less likely. Once again a top 3 priority

Product commitments = Jobs which in turn makes our problems go away.

Good list of priorities

• Like 5

True product realization, not meaningless so-called product commitment that is reneged on.

Time and half again after 8 hours.

Restoration of all other concessions. If they don't want to go back to the GEN bank, do it in the form of 40 hours straight time in a non-profit based community service project/job that the company can use for public relations and a tax write off. They can call it something else, just like they do everything else.

• Like 2

Right now I start my shift at 6:30 pm and must work till 6:30 am.Mandatory Saturdays and Sundays!This is mid-nights but technically called afternoons.I earn only 5% shift premiuim.I would be happy with a 7 pm start and 10% shift premium.I must also work Company paid holidays if they fall in my work schedule and I am unable to convert my holiday pay to future time off ,at least let me do that or I ask you, where is the holiday?Finally a $10,000 signing bonus would be nice.Two reasons why unions were formed in the first place is the 8 hour day and voluntary weekends.

• Like 1

1) Products brought back to USA from other countries.

2) All entry level employees given quarterly raises until they reach full pay.

3) Skilled trades working production keep their trades pay like at GM and Chrysler so Ford will get them back to their tools quickly.

#1 JOBS let's get everyone working again. Getting back what we lost would be nice but there are still people looking for a 40 hour paycheck.

#2 Reload the tap funds for the folks that have run out until they can find work.

#3 Anything else we can get back but the first two are the most important.

• Like 4

1) Product commitments I agree is collectively the most important. It is our true job security program

2) Entry level, contentious as it is will not go away until our politicians enforce a real trade policy. The increases negotiated shows the IUAW will continue to make strides in closing the gap. A true #2 priority

3) Sub and TAP is important and product commitments make having to utilize this safety net less and less likely. Once again a top 3 priority

Product commitments = Jobs which in turn makes our problems go away.

Good list of priorities

Product commitments don't matter, the product will always be there unless your worrying about yourself 20 years down the road.

Product commitments don't matter, the product will always be there unless your worrying about yourself 20 years down the road.

Product commitment does matter. That is the planning and forecasting for the total operation for a plant, IE..Manpower needs, sales, overtime, tooling, trades and so on. Without a commited product due to be updated and or launched your facility can be packed up in little boxes and sold off. Also with no more Job banks your on your ass. So yes a commitment is huge. Ask anyone who has been through a closure and they will tell you!

Edited by hendew_15
  • Like 4

#1 JOBS let's get everyone working again. Getting back what we lost would be nice but there are still people looking for a 40 hour paycheck.

#2 Reload the tap funds for the folks that have run out until they can find work.

#3 Anything else we can get back but the first two are the most important.

Many of us are in need of products. Locations in trouble and still many on ILO. Good list

• Like 2