2012 Sill Plates

fusion37

Guest nasaman02

I got them as a dealer option when I ordered my Focus and it was $95 for the pair. I thought it would be on all 4 doors but its just on the front doors. They look cool though!

How long did it take for the dealer to install the door sills on your car?

How long did it take for the dealer to install the door sills on your car?

It didn't take my dealer long to do mine.

Then again, the instructions are VERY easy. All you need to do is make sure it's warm outside to allow the adhesive strip to bond to the car, and just follow the instructions (basically involves cleaning/prepping the surface with a good cleaner/degreaser, measuring where to put the sills, putting them on, and that's it).. Instructions should be included with them. I had my dealer do it for me out of convenience this time around.

• 2 months later...

I'm considering ordering sill plates for my Titanium. Do they come as a set or one each for $95? While know they can be had for less than MSRP, I don't think I want to go more than $100 for two.

Appreciate the info from someone who has bought and installed them.

Mine came as a dealer installed option, as part of "Inerior Style-Arctic White" package. Thay do look sharp!

Mine came as a dealer installed option, as part of "Inerior Style-Arctic White" package. Thay do look sharp!

Update from my original post:

Found a set of plates on Ebay for about $40 + $3 shipping. They came from Indiana in the original Ford packaging, with part number, etc. Took all of about 5 minutes to install. If you are considering sill plates, check the Internet,. You can certainly install them yourself.

Now, does anybody want to buy a set of installed sill plates, with a fully loaded Titanium sedan thrown in for good measure.? I'm about done with MyFord Touch. Great concept. Not so much on functionality. Have my eye on the upcoming 2013 Mustang.

;

For some reason I was thinking these plates illuminated when you opened the door. Is this true or do you simply stick them on and that's it?

Not illuminated but they do look sharp. They have about four, narrow strips of doubled-sided tape that run the length of the plate. Instructions show you how to center the plate, pull off the protective plastic from the tape, and press down. They stick tightly, so you want to make sure they're in the right place, centered, etc. But no big deal.

Still wondering why plates for the rear doors aren't offered.

Not illuminated but they do look sharp. They have about four, narrow strips of doubled-sided tape that run the length of the plate. Instructions show you how to center the plate, pull off the protective plastic from the tape, and press down. They stick tightly, so you want to make sure they're in the right place, centered, etc. But no big deal.

On my 2002, I installed rear sill plates. They went on okay, but I noticed there was a slight curve in the door sill that prevented them from sitting flat (even though the plates seemed to have a bit of give). Over the years, they needed to be reattached. I can only assume that for 2012 there is a slight curve, and it'd be hard (and cost ineffective) to bend the plates for such a slight curve. I still miss them because they do dress the area up quite nicely. I'm hoping that they might introduce a set in the future.

Found a set of plates on Ebay for about $40 + $3 shipping.

Now, does anybody want to buy a set of installed sill plates, with a fully loaded Titanium sedan thrown in for good measure.? I'm about done with MyFord Touch.

Were the sill plates you found on eBay for the 2012? I looked and all I could find for the 2012 cost $83. There were deals on plates for the earlier gens and I liked the look of the chrome one's with Focus embossed on them for $23, but I'm not sure they will fit. The sill on the 2012 is flat and it appears the sill on the earlier models have a slight crease and drop. Now on to your willingness to dump your Titanium because of MFT, really. Why not wait until the updated usb drive is mailed to you, install and see if that fixes the problems.

I went to the car wash today and while drying the door sills I noticed my 2012 is not flat, but has a crease and a slight drop. Maybe the earlier gen sill plates will work just fine.

Edited by transitman

Hey, thanks for the info! I think I'll pick up a set at some point.