Focus Coupe

I was thinking Ford should try to hit the hot hatch/sport compact segment hard and flood it with different options. This would draw more attention to the upcoming ST and RS which would in turn draw more attention to the new Ford Focus.

I propose a Ford Focus coupe that will appear in 2 models. The first model will have 180 horses. The second model will be the SVT focus and will have 200 horses and some serious handles. This have less power than the upcoming ST but more than the base model. Make both models naturally aspirated so that tuners and customizers can have their fun with them and further enhance the Ford Focus experience.

The first pic is Ford Focus Coupe. The second is the Ford Focus SVT. The third is the Ford Focus SVT with an appearance package.

Ford Focus base model - 160 horses 146 pound feet torque

Ford Focus coupe - 180horses 175 pound feet of torque?

Ford Focus SVT - 200 horses and 180 pound feet of torque?

Ford Focus ST - 247 horses and 266 pound feet of torque

Ford Focus RS - ?

Or is this something Lincoln is getting in the form of the Capri? speaking of which....any news on the capri? any news on the C?

post-45336-0-89682300-1317441990_thumb.jpg

post-45336-0-84063300-1317444779_thumb.jpg

post-45336-0-87542900-1317519501_thumb.jpg

Edited by Focus06
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

^for a number of reasons, I've started pondering a unique bodystyle 3 door fastback in between the size of the Focus and the Fiesta;

offering only a true sport version with a new 2.0EB making 280hp min., Fwd but with RevoKnuckles;

and a (plug-in?)hybrid version using the 1.0 and "virtual Awd"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While in Europe last summer, I saw two European Ford Focus convertible-coupes -- retractable hardtop-convertible style. They bore the name "FOCUS" and they were strikingly beautifully proportioned cars. One of them had a Pininfarina badge in its front fender; the other did not. I would like to see that model sold in the US, but perhaps it might bump into Mustang territory.

While in Europe last summer, I saw two European Ford Focus convertible-coupes -- retractable hardtop-convertible style. They bore the name "FOCUS" and they were strikingly beautifully proportioned cars. One of them had a Pininfarina badge in its front fender; the other did not. I would like to see that model sold in the US, but perhaps it might bump into Mustang territory.

I presume you're talking about this one:

8257494.jpeg

ford-focus-convertible.jpg

I believe pininfarina designed the car (or top). Not sure if this model is being renewed.

• 2 months later...

I like more the Focus coupe convertible because I love the convertible cars. But performance wise its a good car and also good for daily use. I am planing to buy one on lease. Guys does anyone have price information or leasing information of that car then please share. Thanks.

Edited by Allan007

• 2 weeks later...