What is happening in Sandusky

happytobehere

If you are a Ford employee you have had chances to transfer out of Sandusky several times. The last two were Louisville & Chicago. Neither of which were completely filled. You MIGHT have options in the future BUT you might be given one choice of where to go.

Sandusky is not sold but I would be very suprised if the sale does not go thru. It is, in my opinion, only a matter of time. When the union and FNG get a local contract setteled on everyting will happen very quickly.

If you are an ACH employee you MIGHT have an option to transfer to a Ford plant under the proposed contract.

Please explain how you are not being taken care of.

So with this "great contract" at the end of the day what does all this mean for the people in Sandusky. We are being told we are sold and deal is done. What will be our choices and when will they be available. Investment is nice but not all of us are being taken care of.

The options for Kentucky and Chicago all involve large moves and the choices were given with not a lot of time to make the decision. I am a Ford employee that has given up a great deal to help this company maintain its success. I would like the opportunity to transfer within a 2 hour radius so that my family does have to uproot. Just because you move for the job, sometimes another spouse will not be able to find a job. Also a move to Chicago would require both spouses to have a job and you just can't make those decisions on the fly.

Edited by happytobehere

A move within a two hour drive may be possible. However you are going to seriously look at other alternatives. Start discussing these possibilities with you mate. With all of the job postings there were rumors a couple of weeks ahead of time that they were coming. You are not the first nor will you be the last one the have to make these decisions. Transfers have been happining for the last 25 to 30 years. It is unfortunate that people have to make these decisions but to stay employed by Ford you are going to have to make some tough decisions.

Again, start the discussion with you mate on each possible location and what you are willing to do so that when you hve 3 days to make your decision it will be somewhat easier.

I've heard two things, one, Ford employees must transfer to a Ford plant. The other is $38 miilion dollars from Ford to be given to the Sandusky plant for maintenance. So who knows. Just don't count on staying in Ohio if you are a Ford employee at the plant. Walton Hills is closing and an article that I read said that noone will be able to stay in Ohio from that plant. They will have to go out of state for a job at another plant.

A move within a two hour drive may be possible. However you are going to seriously look at other alternatives. Start discussing these possibilities with you mate. With all of the job postings there were rumors a couple of weeks ahead of time that they were coming. You are not the first nor will you be the last one the have to make these decisions. Transfers have been happining for the last 25 to 30 years. It is unfortunate that people have to make these decisions but to stay employed by Ford you are going to have to make some tough decisions.

Again, start the discussion with you mate on each possible location and what you are willing to do so that when you hve 3 days to make your decision it will be somewhat easier.

That is good advise and back in 2005 all ACH plants were told that they would sell or close. So there has been a lot of opportunities to stay with in zone. Now the options are limited and you will definitely have to make a tough decision if you want to stay with Ford. Good luck and start discussing options with the family!

• Like 1