Ford is getting ready

nonunion slug

Sister, I went through it, too, when my Dad was at Dearborn stamping. My Mom was scared shitless, and my parents were frugal, saved money like crazy, my Mom sewed a lot of our clothes (and did it on the side for other people, for extra money), and when my Dad couldn't get OT, he'd do the handyman-for-hire thing on the side. Plus the huge ass garden behind the garage, canning and freezing vegetables like mad, fixing our own cars (back in the day when you could), etc. And my Mom was still scared shitless from the strike. But was a different time - hardly anyone would dare cross a picket line, pattern bargaining was a positive for everyone, and the then Big Three had at least a combined 85% to 90% market share. Now...the public reaction to strike worries me. Not to mention that a strike would kill whatever chances the UAW has to organize any transplants.

We would have to be a bunch of dumb asses not to think there wouldn't be a strike if this was voted down, but also that the company would just sit there and take it. We have a bunch of dumb fuckers like Walkowicz and his SOS clowns who have their heads up their ass. If there is a strike, I hope Ford takes all the fucking work from DTP first and ships it elsewhere. Let's see Gary then, fucktard.

• Like 4

We would have to be a bunch of dumb asses not to think there wouldn't be a strike if this was voted down, but also that the company would just sit there and take it. We have a bunch of dumb fuckers like Walkowicz and his SOS clowns who have their heads up their ass. If there is a strike, I hope Ford takes all the fucking work from DTP first and ships it elsewhere. Let's see Gary then, fucktard.

I wouldn't want to see work taken from anywhere. If it left DTP, it would impact me also because I work at the Rouge. So, it would have a domino effect on DDMP, DSP and Tool & Die at minimum. But maybe your point is Gary has never had to feel the effects of work leaving? Don't be worried about Gary, we see his fliers and stuff, but few take him seriously in the Rouge.

• Like 5

I wouldn't want to see work taken from anywhere. If it left DTP, it would impact me also because I work at the Rouge. So, it would have a domino effect on DDMP, DSP and Tool & Die at minimum. But maybe your point is Gary has never had to feel the effects of work leaving? Don't be worried about Gary, we see his fliers and stuff, but few take him seriously in the Rouge.

The Rouge as a whole is getting a huge amount of product. DTP is secure because of past agreements so they could care less about the job security of the rest of the Rouge. Solidarity does not exist at DTP

• Like 3

I have posted in the past and am interested in joining a union. Many of you have helped and I have contacted the parties I was told about. I was told it would be a long process if it ever happened. That being said, I think you should know what is going on in my world, the salaried world, behind the scenes regarding this agreement.

I have been reading your interesting tete-a-tetes about your tentative agreement. I’m not hourly. But, for all you hourly workers out there, I think you should know something, Ford is getting prepared for a strike.

How do I know about this? I was in an impromptu meeting today called by my manager. Some salaried employees who have been on plant launches for builds have been contacted. We were told by the end of next week, all of them will have been contacted. There were about 20 salaried employees in this meeting today. The company is very worried the agreement will be voted down and there will be a strike.

I don’t know how a strike works, if it’s one plant or everybody, but Ford is getting prepared. Let me just say that the meeting today wasn’t a “touchy feely” get together about our past plant experiences. It was about which plants we would be sent to if there was a strike. Of course this created a lot of concern. I don’t want to go where there will be very angry union members out on strike. We were told, “don’t worry about it—we have you covered”. I didn’t know what that meant, so I did some more digging and found out that Ford has been in contact with a company called MADI Corp.—a strike breaking company. Here are links to them--

http://www.madicorp.com/strike-replacement-workers/

I contacted my buddies who are at different plants and they told me they were approached by management and they will have an important meeting soon.

My manager told me that Ford cannot stop production and the union members will look very bad to the public. Ford will look great standing up to the union and will have public support.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Wow! Thank you for the inside information. Its very unsettling to learn just how heartless Ford executives are. They truly could care less about the workers. I dont want to get all "preachy" on here but, he who is first shall be last. When they stand before God, I wonder if how much money you have will matter or, if how many people did you hurt to enjoy your riches matter more.

• Like 5

I have posted in the past and am interested in joining a union. Many of you have helped and I have contacted the parties I was told about. I was told it would be a long process if it ever happened. That being said, I think you should know what is going on in my world, the salaried world, behind the scenes regarding this agreement.

I have been reading your interesting tete-a-tetes about your tentative agreement. I’m not hourly. But, for all you hourly workers out there, I think you should know something, Ford is getting prepared for a strike.

How do I know about this? I was in an impromptu meeting today called by my manager. Some salaried employees who have been on plant launches for builds have been contacted. We were told by the end of next week, all of them will have been contacted. There were about 20 salaried employees in this meeting today. The company is very worried the agreement will be voted down and there will be a strike.

I don’t know how a strike works, if it’s one plant or everybody, but Ford is getting prepared. Let me just say that the meeting today wasn’t a “touchy feely” get together about our past plant experiences. It was about which plants we would be sent to if there was a strike. Of course this created a lot of concern. I don’t want to go where there will be very angry union members out on strike. We were told, “don’t worry about it—we have you covered”. I didn’t know what that meant, so I did some more digging and found out that Ford has been in contact with a company called MADI Corp.—a strike breaking company. Here are links to them--

I contacted my buddies who are at different plants and they told me they were approached by management and they will have an important meeting soon.

My manager told me that Ford cannot stop production and the union members will look very bad to the public. Ford will look great standing up to the union and will have public support.

we ready too ,our great grandfather didn"t died in vain for all that they gain to be lost in past yeasrs This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?

• Like 1

Stop being a pussy and grow some balls! Vote no on this bullshit! They will go back and negotiate some more. They do not want a strike. We deserve more than this. Its ok for Mullaly to make 27 million and not share the wealth. Im ready to strike if need be. At least I have some balls!

Agreed! Most of us had family that went through the strikes at Ford to gain what we gave up; it's time to get some of it back. I'm not calling for a strike, but this current offer needs to be sent back and stamped NOT ACCEPTABLE! We can't afford to make our temporary concessions permanent!

Alan Mullaly is definitely calling the shots, this definitely smells like Boeing Boy! If we would not have given concessions and the company would have been forced to declare bankruptcy, a Federal judge would have taken control of the company and put it into receivership; thus the Ford Family would have lost their company. By not restoring some of our temporary concessions Ford Motor Company is telling me that they never needed the concessions, or are at least totally non-appreciative.

IUAW, are you stupid? You're on the verge of a Spring Revolution from your membership! Ford made patsy"s out of you! So embarrassing! Please don't waste our dues money in Voting Booths, Lost Time, Travel, etc for this garbage.

• Like 1

I and our local will putting out to e-mail to yhe public and ever contact on facebook and our yahoo,comcast accounts to let the public know why we our voted this contract down ,heres a little that was sent to my contacts including relative that love and trust me,all across the nation .

--Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96 millions dollars Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary and bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .What did Obama say midldeclass war aginst the rich.

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you for the inside information. Its very unsettling to learn just how heartless Ford executives are. They truly could care less about the workers. I dont want to get all "preachy" on here but, he who is first shall be last. When they stand before God, I wonder if how much money you have will matter or, if how many people did you hurt to enjoy your riches matter more.

They are in it for the $$$.

• Like 3

Those of us who are not in a union and want to keep our job have to fall in line. We do what we are told or we are gone. It doesn't matter if we think it is right or wrong, all that matters is we do our job to keep our job.

• Like 4

The Rouge as a whole is getting a huge amount of product. DTP is secure because of past agreements so they could care less about the job security of the rest of the Rouge. Solidarity does not exist at DTP

Boy are you fucking wrong, the majority in the Rouge now are from closed/reduced facilities. Most have been through multiple plant closures, trust me most know the importance of real job security.

We have asked our IUAW Leadership to obtain work, get our brothers and sisters back to a job and they did just that. Not only did they obtain work, they collectively negotiated work to be returned from Mexico, China and Europe. How is this not all over this sight?

I’ve read the contract. I like what I see and I’m not going to turn my back on my fellow brother and say “sorry you’re out of a job” but I need a 10k signing bonus. I know that some of you have different priorities, my first and foremost priority is jobs. My second priority is the want to have product brought back to the United States. These in my opinion are most crucial for any Union, plus the fact that they are both the hardest to obtain. Our IUAW Negotiating team has obtained both.

When I finished reading the contract, it made me proud to be a Union brother. Just knowing that many of our brothers and sisters will now have work, and that we will have new brothers and sisters in the tune of 12k is just amazing. Our concessions has turned our Union and our Company into the upswing of things, we are growing!! How can anyone not recognize that?

Take the time to read your tentative contract, ask questions and stand on your own merit.

I stand in support of this contract, and I will always stand in support of jobs.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

“The highest gain ever to be obtained by any Union Official, Union Representative and or Union Activist is a Job for a fellow Brother in need”

• Like 6

Those of us who are not in a union and want to keep our job have to fall in line. We do what we are told or we are gone. It doesn't matter if we think it is right or wrong, all that matters is we do our job to keep our job.

Sorry that you are in such a tough situation. That is a problem with this country. They say we live in a democracy but most people work in dictatorships.

• Like 3

A no vote is the only option, no money, no products, mass entitlements for the execs, and ceo, no bargaining power to bring people back to work, no raises for the temps, 2nd tier and retirees. No real money up front, (chicken feed, or shut up money).. Healthcare co-pays still through the roof. How can the UAW get us out of this mess?

Voting NO as soon as I get in there, won't look back..

Umm... there are new products coming in, there are new jobs, there are raises for 2-tier, there's money up front, and visits went from 25 to 20 dollars. I mean, I have issues with this contract too. The Temp thing is an issues, and the exec pay is ridiculous, but the exec pay isn't set by the UAW.

I just don't understand why you would say things that are outright false? I called someone out on another thread for telling people not to vote AT ALL on this contract because that was bullshit. I also call bullshit on this.

• Like 3

A no vote is the only option, no money, no products, mass entitlements for the execs, and ceo, no bargaining power to bring people back to work, no raises for the temps, 2nd tier and retirees. No real money up front, (chicken feed, or shut up money).. Healthcare co-pays still through the roof. How can the UAW get us out of this mess?

Voting NO as soon as I get in there, won't look back..

This got double posted by accident. Sorry all :confused:

Edited by poop

Umm... there are new products coming in, there are new jobs, there are raises for 2-tier, there's money up front, and visits went from 25 to 20 dollars. I mean, I have issues with this contract too. The Temp thing is an issues, and the exec pay is ridiculous, but the exec pay isn't set by the UAW.

I just don't understand why you would say things that are outright false? I called someone out on another thread for telling people not to vote AT ALL on this contract because that was bullshit. I also call bullshit on this.

There is a lot of bullshit on this site. I agree, I see a lot of "members" saying they will vote no with no reason or a really dumb reason. The negotiators got 12000 jobs but they didn't get me my lounge chair, so I'm voting against it. Just dumb stuff.

• Like 9

It may not be true. But, this maybe worse than the 1930s. We have Republican governors in many (formerly) pro-union states such as Michigan and Ohio. The Republicans are trying to break unions and have been succesful to a certain extent in Minnesota, Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey and Florida. The media is run by Fox News types that hate unions. So, it may not be true, but it could actually be possible.

We are at a big disadvantage today. That is true. I hope we wake up because the Republicans want to destroy us.

• Like 6

Those of us who were called into a meeting about keeping facilities running were told about a few plants handing out strike flyers Thursday and Friday. Maybe it's a rumor, but management is taking it seriously. You may think they are playing around, they are not. I don't think Mulally or Bill Ford, Jr. will have any problem calling out MADI corp to keep the plants running. If you are in a truck plant or make the Focus, Ford already has the capability of producing more and shipping them into the USA. Same with the Escape.

• Like 6

Those of us who were called into a meeting about keeping facilities running were told about a few plants handing out strike flyers Thursday and Friday. Maybe it's a rumor, but management is taking it seriously. You may think they are playing around, they are not. I don't think Mulally or Bill Ford, Jr. will have any problem calling out MADI corp to keep the plants running. If you are in a truck plant or make the Focus, Ford already has the capability of producing more and shipping them into the USA. Same with the Escape.

There are some hourly workers who think Ford only counts on them. Boy, are they wrong. I know Ford has plants throughout the world. And will have no problems using them.

• Like 2

First, the IUAW would have to call a strike and from where we are standing they love this contract.

Second, there is no way temporary workers could take over for 41K plus people walking out at the same time and know the job. Have u seen the way a line person does their job specifically. Team Leaders would also be on strike. Your to tell me that supervisors would be going to the line to train new workers? Yeah o.k.??

Third, it would be a PR nightmare for the salaried as well because product quality would take a tremendous dive.

Fourth, some of your skilled trade bosses leave the job solely in the hands of their skilled trade workforce because who knows the job better than them. This would have a dangerous outcome if there was a so called un-certified temporary trade person doing the job of what can be considered professional.

Fifth, everyone loses at a strike and that is why most salaried are more concerned with this than the hourly.

Last, this is not meant to be mean, but are we to believe that you got invited into a launch manager type meeting, are a salaried person and want to be union during a contentious time, while most salaried folks that are invited into a launch manager meeting that are LL6 or LL5 are talking to the big dogs and not middle management?

Obviously, even with our "NO" vote u haven't seen the mysterious vote outcomes of 51%.

If you high enough on the management pole, can I ask you a question without insulting you, how is your 1999 escort holding up?

There is a lot of bullshit on this site. I agree, I see a lot of "members" saying they will vote no with no reason or a really dumb reason. The negotiators got 12000 jobs but they didn't get me my lounge chair, so I'm voting against it. Just dumb stuff.

Come on

Do you really believe that they just negotiated 12,000 jobs?

They announced 7,000 of those jobs back in january and we will see how many jobs we have at the end of 2012. If it is anywhere close to what they are saying I will be surprised. There track record is not very good on following through with promised jobs. Yea Yea, I know this time it's different.