So, when do we get the bonus?

Transguy

Assuming it passes, anyone know? The contract says "upon ratification", so that could mean next week, or a month from now?

The language states "as soon as practicable upon ratification". GM's stated the second pay period after the first monday after official notification by the union that the membership has ratified the contract. My guess is anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Profit sharing is also to be paid "upon ratification", so I would take it to mean that both of these are going to be paid out around the same time.

The language states "as soon as practicable upon ratification". GM's stated the second pay period after the first monday after official notification by the union that the membership has ratified the contract. My guess is anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Profit sharing is also to be paid "upon ratification", so I would take it to mean that both of these are going to be paid out around the same time.

Oct 28!

Profit sharing is also to be paid "upon ratification", so I would take it to mean that both of these are going to be paid out around the same time.

WRONG, you did read the white book didnt you ? profit sharing is a 4 month advance, and payable dec 15th, pay period.

assuming it passes, ofc.

ummmm, no, it is not, it is payable dec 15, as per the contract.

i didnt say anything about the signing bonus.

I would much rather trust the UAW-Ford contract language. Here's what that says:

Page 428, Book 1, Letters of Understanding:

During the 2011 negotiations, the Company and the Union agreed that, for purposes of 2011 only, and notwithstanding the Plan provisions governing the determination and payment of profit sharing payments based on a full Plan year, the Company will accelerate a payment under the Profit Sharing Plan for Hourly Employees in the United States ("Plan") with respect to the FNA EBIT from January 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, based on a maximum number of Compensated Hours for each Plan participant of 925 for such period, will be utilized to determine the Profit Share Amounts payable to Plan participants for such period. The resulting Profit Share Amounts will be paid to Plan participants in accordance with applicable Plan provisions as soon as possible after ratification.

I have no clue how anyone got "December 15th" out of "as soon as possible after ratification".

http://www.soldiersofsolidarity.com/files/Relatednewsandreports2011and12/2011_UAW_FORD_Contract.pdf

Per your own posted link...Page 178C Letters of understanding.. Accdellerated Profit sharing payment for this year ONLY to be paid as soon a practical after ratification.

I have posted a single page file that is the page in question

The Dec payment is the 250.00 "Quality" bonus

profit.pdf

Edited by trailfndr

I would much rather trust the UAW-Ford contract language. Here's what that says:

Page 428, Book 1, Letters of Understanding:

I have no clue how anyone got "December 15th" out of "as soon as possible after ratification".

Also if it was 4 mounths in advance it would be in november not december.

http://www.soldiersofsolidarity.com/files/Relatednewsandreports2011and12/2011_UAW_FORD_Contract.pdf

Your thinking of the Competetive Bonus of $250 in Dec. Signing paid week of 28th, Profit sharing payment would likely be around the 11th. Does not say specific date.

When are we gonna get the money? When are we gonna get the money? Thats all the fuck I heard today.....,.MAKES ME SICK!

Wait a minute... what happened?? everyone was concerned with their sisters and brothers well being, product commitments and help the company be competitive... it wasn`t about the money..... it wasn`t a carrot...

Sure wish the retiree`s could be going through this terrible time, figuring out when the bonus money was coming in.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

LOL, don't be a hater prick!

Really!?! Who's the hater on here, prick? Sorry, we didn't go through you first to find out when we are getting our money. Next your going to tell us how we should spend our money, right? 6k is a lot of money for some people. Lady I work with plans on using her money for her daughters college. People have the right to know when they're getting paid! Shit, for all we know, there maybe a concession before we get paid!

• Like 1

Really!?! Who's the hater on here, prick? Sorry, we didn't go through you first to find out when we are getting our money. Next your going to tell us how we should spend our money, right? 6k is a lot of money for some people. Lady I work with plans on using her money for her daughters college. People have the right to know when they're getting paid! Shit, for all we know, there maybe a concession before we get paid!

6 large is alot of money.....everybody could use it for something BUT as far as what anybody does with it, I could care less..........stick it up your ass for all I care! What pisses me off is when you got people sayin', " I didn't vote yes for the money"..then the next words outta their mouth is " when we getting our money"!

• Like 3

UPON ratification

normal payroll is paid on friday my guess is signing bonus will be on the 26th or the 2nd bonus pay is always done mid week its a tax thing

in order to not piss off the workers in may be sooner we are not printing checks anymore push a button upon

ratification stumps me push the button it may be there tomarro

we always had a date of payment first pay period of wtf in oct.

6 large is alot of money.....everybody could use it for something BUT as far as what anybody does with it, I could care less..........stick it up your ass for all I care! What pisses me off is when you got people sayin', " I didn't vote yes for the money"..then the next words outta their mouth is " when we getting our money"!

Thanks, but I'll let you stick it up your own ass! Funny you say that, because I'm tired of hearing the people who voted NO wondering when they're getting paid. Crazy how that shit works........

Edited by el norte

Thanks, but I'll let you stick it up your own ass! Funny you say that, because I'm tired of hearing the people who voted NO wondering when they're getting paid. Crazy how that shit works........

LOL, yeah, I'm sure your ur right about that.....just pisses me off when people turn like that...yes or no!